Kiribati is now known as Atlantis. So while there's still a team for that country, it's the Atlantis national team rather than the Kiribati national team.

A Falkland Islands league could be fun! Keep me updated, please :)

Quick question, is the Kiribati team still in the game or have you wiped them out, wrath of Zues style?
Great idea btw and one I wanted to do by using the pre 1922 Ireland :)

Planning on creating the Falkland Islands myself so that there is a minor nation in souSouth America.

good luck and let us all know when it's finished :)

UPDATE:

I am no longer actively working on the Atlantis database. If anyone spots any bugs or errors I will still endeavour to fix them but I shall otherwise not be updating the database. If anyone wants to pick up where I left off and finish it then they are more than welcome to do so (so long as you give me credit ;) ). Really, all that's left is flavour stuff like media sources and rivalries; the rest is all there. If you do decide to complete the database, please let me know as I'd like to see how it goes :)

As far as I can tell, this database works with FM14, though some clubs need to have their cities re-assigned.

Does anyone know how I upload the Falklands flag for my new nation?

Does anyone know how I upload the Falklands flag for my new nation?

1) If you have custom flag graphics already, locate the folder containing those flags (usually My Documents/Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2014/Graphics/Logos/Nations) and replace the flag of the nation you've changed to the Falklands, using the same name. Create a copy or archive of the file you're replacing, first, so that you can easily switch back when you're playing a career that doesn't include your custom nation.

2) If you don't already have custom flag graphics, create the above folder and put your flag file in there, then create a file called "config.xml" (using Notepad or the like), and in that put the following text:

<record> <!-- resource manager options -->

<!-- don't preload anything in this folder -->
<boolean id="preload" value="false"/>

<!-- turn off auto mapping -->
<boolean id="amap" value="false"/>

<!-- picture mappings -->
<!-- the following XML maps pictures inside this folder into other positions
in the resource system, which allows this folder to be dropped into any
place in the graphics folder and still have the game pick up the graphics
files from the correct places
-->

<list id="maps">
<!-- Generated by FM Graphics Configurator, by HMan -->
<record from="10" to="graphics/pictures/nation/10/logo"/>

</list>
</record>

The first "10" refers to the name of the file you're using. This can be anything (as far as I know) so long as it's all in lower case. The second "10" (between "nation/" and "/logo") is the Unique ID of the nation you have replaced with the Falklands.

3) After either of the above, in-game you will need to go to Preferences->Interface and untick the "Use caching" box (under Appearance), tick the "Reload skin" box, and then Confirm. This will reload the game's skin and graphics database.

I've done what you said but so far it's not worked.
Any suggestions on what to check?

What's the name of the file you're using, and what (pixel) size is it?

Can you copy/paste the relevant bit of your config file (i.e. "<record from="10" to="graphics/pictures/nation/10/logo"/>") here, please?

Do you have any other custom db files loaded, or any other custom graphics?

Hi mate,
I'll do that tonight.
i don't know the pixel size at the moment.
I've changed the 10&10 to be the same as the nation I'd.

thanks for your help

stu

ok,

this is my folders

editor data
games
matches
skins
sounds
tactics
graphics (had to create this)

this is my config.xml

record> <!-- resource manager options -->

<!-- don't preload anything in this folder -->
<boolean id="preload" value="false"/>

<!-- turn off auto mapping -->
<boolean id="amap" value="false"/>

<!-- picture mappings -->
<!-- the following XML maps pictures inside this folder into other positions
in the resource system, which allows this folder to be dropped into any
place in the graphics folder and still have the game pick up the graphics
files from the correct places
-->

<list id="maps">
<!-- Generated by FM Graphics Configurator, by HMan -->
<record from="52024163" to="graphics/pictures/nation/52024163/logo"/>
</list>
</record>

The flag is 500 by 250 Jpg

Is "52024163" also the name of the flag graphic file you're using?

Is the file extension all in lower case?

Ye I've named the flag the same and it's all lower case.

dont think this is going to work for me to be honest.

I've still not sussed this. Anything else you can suggest ?

Not to worry.
Sandy Tait is a star and the fact I've even managed to enter the Falklands into the game is fantastic.
I'd never have been able to do this without your guide. I've also unlocked Monaco just for a laugh.
Every nation in the game is now manageable so let the world is my oyster :)
Thanks again :)

Ps in case anyone is interested, to make a nation manageable you need to ensure there are approx 50 players of that nation.

Last edited:
Just found this, and I've clicked the link to graphics, but the file seems to have been moved?

I love these leagues, I think you did a great job of making them authentic!

I've got a problem though, it was actually the first problem that was reported to you. I'm playing with the latest version of the file, but the Europa League still doesn't work after the first season. :/ Any ideas what I can do about it?

P.S: I'm planning on creating Greenland in FM15 (which we can be 99% certain won't be in the game :p) and wanted to know if you'd be willing to help out if you fancy a little project? I'm experienced in using the editor, I've done as much research as I can on the league, the teams and the cities so all that's left now is to make up some of the details that I can't find anywhere and possibly even create a lower division to make the game more enjoyable. :) If you're up for it, I'd be delighted! Despite frequently using the editor, I've little experience in making a country so I think you'd do a much better job of making the country/cities/finances realistic.

I've created a new league structure in San Marino and I'm just wondering how to add Champions League and Europa League places into it, does anyone know? Would be hugely appreciated!

awesome mod ! but the link to the kits and logos is not working at all and sadly can't find anywhere else ! i don't know if the uploader is still active here but if anyone has the graphics data base i would appreciate it if he/she uploads it to me

I no longer maintain this database but I just wanted to let you guys know I've updated the graphics download link so that it's now working. Thanks to the folks who pointed it out to me, and thank you to everyone for your continued interest! :)

Big news!

I'm remaking the Atlantis database for FM16! It will be English-language, so the team names and so on will actually be pronounceable, and I will run the old db for two seasons to generate a couple of years of league standings and regens, all of which will be reflected in the new version. Might even change a few graphics while I'm at it, cos some of those shirts and logos were pretty awful! :)