Back to Glory - Manchester United FM 19 with Squad updates

FMLukas

Reaction score
Welcome you all,
i hope you will enjoy my Journey of taking Manchester United back to the Top of the World.
969536.jpg

As i am starting to write this thread i am already in January with this Save Game.
I am a German Dude who wants to share my save and is hoping to find people who like reading this story although i have bad English.
My Goals for the Carrer with ManU are:
- to win the League
- to win the Champions League
- to have won 3 of 5 Titles at one point, if the save makes that much fun that i am playing this long
I don't think i have to explain the Club, everybody should know them

TACTIC
So to start us off, i will talk about the Tactic i will be using
Screenshot (13).png

so you understand it:
Ve = Defensive; Un = Support; An = Attack
I will also post the Starting 11 in this order for the games:
MTW = Sweeper Keeper
FV on the Right = Wing Back
BsV on the Right = Ball Playing Defender
BsV on the Left
FV on the Left
Flg on the Right = Winger
BeM = Ball winning Midfielder
BBM = Box to Box Midfielder
Flg on the Left
F9 = False Nine
StS = Advanced Forward

TRANSFERS
Than i will report you about the Transfer Window.
First of all the Outs:
Screenshot (14).png

Not many Players left us in the summer, only Ashley Young went away permanently, he was sold for 9 Mio to Wolverhampton
Tuanzebe, Chong and Mitchell all got loaned out
The Ins:
Screenshot (15).png

Here happend much more
The top one i won't go through because they were pre existing transfers i didn't make.
So we Start of with McKenna:
Screenshot (16).png

A decent CB i bought because i planed on selling Jones and Rojo, so i had a 4th choice option to bring in, spoilers as you read early none of them left. But at least we got a young Centre Half who will still be played as 4th Choice at Cups and if needed and for 11 mio i think he is ok

Next up Sabitzer:
Screenshot (17).png

A right Midfielder which i was planing on starting, because i also wanted to sell Lingaard, also didn't happen. Bur a 24 Year old Austrian who can Play the role i want him to play good, should be good fun and for 26 Mio i think he will be worth it

Next uUp Ünal:
Screenshot (18).png

A young Striker for under 5 Mio, i had to take, i think he will be good as Back Up Striker such as Greenwood and will probably be good enough in the future to fight for a starting spot, also he is a Ex-City Player who didn't got a Break out there, so it will be even better if he helps us winning the League over them

Next Up Gnabry:
Screenshot (19).png

The 23-year old German is brought in to Play the Left Midfield Position so Martial can start up top and i don't need to bring in another Starting Striker next to Rashford. I think Gnabry has good potential and he will want to show them Prem that he can play in this League after an not so good time at Arsenal.

Last one:
Simon Asta, he was brought in from the Head of Youth Development, an 17-Year old Right Back which might Help us in the future

So that are all the Transfers that happend, i hope you like them

August:
Chelsea vs Manchester United
Starting 11:
De Gea - Wan Bissaka, Bailly, Maguire, Shaw - Sabitzer, McTominay, Pogba, Gnabry - Rashford, Martial
Subs:
Fosu-Mensah for McTominay
Ünal for Rashford
Daniel James for Gnabry
Goals:
0:1 Martial (4.) 0:2 Martial (16.) 0:3 Martial (37.) 0:4 Ünal (90+1)

Great Victory didn't expect nearly such a brillant game, lets continue like that

Manchester United vs Watford
Starting 11:
De Gea - Fosu-Mensah, Bailly, Maguire, Shaw - Sabitzer, McTominay, Pogba, Gnabry - Rashford, Martial
Subs:
James for Gnabry
Ünal for Rashford
Pereirra for Sabitzer
Goals:
none

Not a great game from us, but after this first game you can be tired

Manchester United vs Sheffield United
Starting 11:
De Gea - Fosu-Mensah, Lindelöf, Maguire, Shaw - Sabitzer, McTominay, Pogba, Gnabry - Greenwood, Martial
Subs:
James for Sabitzer
Ünal for Greenwood
Rashford for Martial
Goals:
none

second 0:0 in a Row to End the August, 5 Points after 3 Games is not great not terrible (hope you get the Chernobyl Joke)
hopefully in September we will start winning again

After this Month we were in 6th Position

Last edited:
SEPTEMBER:
Aston Villa vs Manchester United
Starting 11:
De Gea - Fosu-Mensah, Bailly, Maguire, Shaw - Sabitzer, Matic, Pogba, James - Martial, Rashford
Subs:
Asta for Matic ( Fosu-Mensah moved to CM)
Fred for Pogba
Lingard for James
Goals:
0:1 Sabitzer (37.) 0:2 Martial (40.) 0:3 Fosu-Mensah (56.)

Great game and good result for us, bouncing back after the two draws with a big W, still not conceeded a goal, so great defence so far

Burnley vs Manchester United
Starting 11:
De Gea - Fosu-Mensah, McKenna, Maguire, Shaw - Sabitzer, McTominay, Pogba, James - Martial, Ünal
Subs:
Rashford for Ünal
Fred for Pogba
Lingard for James
Goals:
0:1 Ünal (17.) 0:2 Ünal (18.) 0:3 Ünal (26.) 0:4 Martial (51.) 0:5 Own Goal (78.)

Ünal had a brilliant game and scored a hatrick in 30 minutes, team still witch a goal against us, they have now scored more in their own net then in ours

Europa League:
Manchester United vs Crvena Zvezda
Starting 11:
De Gea - Dalot, Lindelöf, Bailly, Shaw - Sabitzer, Fosu-Mensah, Fred, James - Rashford, Ünal
Subs:
Asta for Shaw ( Dalot switched to LB)
Mata for Sabitzer ( yes Mata is at the club, but has just not got a position i use)
Greenwood for Rashford
Goals:
1:0 Ünal (Penalty, 16.) 0:2 Ünal (18.) 0:3 Shaw (52.)

Ünal is in a top Form at the Moment as it seems, scoring 5 Goals in 2 Games, even the European Giants can't score against us

Manshester United vs AFC Bournemouth
Starting 11:
De Gea - Wan-Bissaka, Maguire, Bailly, Shaw - Sabitzer, McTominay, Pogba, James - Martial, Ünal
Subs:
Fred for Pogba (Pogba got injured in the 6th Minute)
Dalot for Shaw
Gnabry for James ( Gnabry got back from an injury)
Goals:
1:0 James (2.) 2:0 Martial (4.) 3:0 James (8.) 4:0 James (Penalty, 40.) 5:0 James (48.)

OMG Daniel James what a genius, scoring 4 in one game, Ünal today didn't score, but he doesn't need to if James performs like this

Carabao Cup:
Manchester United vs Stoke City
Starting 11:
Romero - Asta, McKenna, Lindelöf, Dalot - Sabitzer, McTominay, Fred, Gnabry - Greenwood, Rashford
Subs:
James for Sabitzer
Martial for Rashford
Fosu-Mensah for Fred
Goals:
1:0 Greenwood (1.) 1:1 Vokes (58.)
Penalty Shootout 4:2
everyone scored for us (Martial, James, Gnabry, Dalot)

It started perfect with Greenwood scoring in the first moment, at that time i thought we were going through to the next Round, didn't played good and than we conceeded our first goal against us and it was a Championship Team that did this, not Happy about this game, but at Least we made the next Round

This was the September, i don't think we will have a better Month this Season, scoring 16 and conceeding only 1, won every game, yes i am counting the Stoke Game as a win, we have to continue like this and maybe we can battle Liverpool and City for the Title this season, although i would be Happy with Qualifying for the Champions League this Season

After Semptember we are in 5th Position

Last edited:
OCTOBER
Manchester United vs Norwich City
Starting 11:
De Gea - Wan-Bissaka, Maguire, Bailly, Shaw - Sabitzer, McTominay, Fosu-Mensah, James - Martial, Rashford
Subs:
Gnabry for Rashford
Dalot for Shaw
3rd not used
Goals:
Red Card Sabitzer (6.), 0:1 Stiepermann (18.) 1:1 Fosu-Mensah (31.) 2:1 Fosu-Mensah (58.) 3:1 Gnabry (84.)

The Month of October started really bad with a Red Card for Sabitzer, which forced us to play Martial at Left Midfielder and then them going up 1-0 at Old Trafford. I thought ****, first lost game of the season at that point. But Timothy Fosu-Mensah had other plans, playing in CM today in scoring 2, great perfomance from him and the team getting the win after beeing 1:0 down and only 10 Players

Europa League
Basaksehir vs Manchester United
Starting 11:
De Gea - Dalot, Maguire, McKenna, Shaw - Sabitzer, McTominay, Fred, Gnabry - Martial, Ünal
Subs:
Greenwood for Ünal
Wan-Bissaka for Shaw (Dalot moving to LB)
Goals:
0:1 Martial (6.) 1:1 Moussa Sissoko (78.) De Gea holding a Penalty (82.)

Not a good performance from the team, we started well and got the early lead through Martial, but the second half wasn't good and so we conceeded the equaliser and got lucky to take a point home with us from Istanbul. Thank You De Gea and Sissoko for not scoring twice. We need to step up our Game in the Europa League if we want to have a Chance of winning it.

Tottenham Hotspur vs Manchester United
Starting 11:
De Gea - Wan-Bissaka, Maguire, Bailly, Shaw - Lingard, McTominay, Fosu-Mensah, Gnabry - Martial, Rashford
Subs:
Fred for Fosu-Mensah
James for Lingard
Ünal for Rashford
Goals:
0:1 Martial (34.) 0:2 Bailly (90 + 1.)

What a way to answer the doubts after the draw against Basaksehir, beating Tottenham i think is showing that we are on the right way, Martial scoring again, has a great Season so far and Bailly scoring is really deserved as well, is keeping Linedlöf out of the important games, because he performs so good

Manchester United vs Arsenal
Starting 11:
De Gea - Wan-Bissaka, Maguire, Bailly, Shaw - James, McTominay, Pogba, Gnabry - Martial, Rashford
Subs:
Lingard for James
Greenwood for Rashford
Goals:
0:1 Kolasinac (36.) 0:2 Aubameyang (85.)

Well after the victories against Spurs and Chelsea i thought we could also beat the third good London Team in Arsenal, but we weren't able to, on that day they were just better than us and deserved the victory, next game we need to bounce back

Europa League:
Manchester United vs Braga
Starting 11:
De Gea - Wan-Bissaka, Maguire, Lindelöf, Shaw - Sabitzer, Fosu-Mensah, Matic, Gnabry - Rashford, Greenwood
Subs:
Dalot for Shaw
James for Gnabry
McTominay for Matic
Goals:
1:0 Gnabry (8.) 2:0 Rashford (50.)

We bounced Back from the lose and got a victory in europe beating Braga, Rashford scoring at this point feels like a sensation to me and i am not really happy with Dalot playing the Right Back Backup and the Left Back Back up, definetly need another LB in winter

Crystal Palace vs Manchester United
Starting 11:
De Gea - Dalot, Bailly, Lindelöf, Shaw - James, Fosu-Mensah, Pogba, Gnabry - Rashford, Greenwood
Subs:
Lingard for James
Mata for Rashford ( Mata moving to CAM playing as Shadow Striker, because both Martial and Ünal got injured)
McTominay for Fosu-Mensah
Goals:
1:0 Zaha (4.) 1:1 Greenwood (10.) 2:1 Sausaeta (77.) 2:2 Pogba (Penalty, 86.)

Wow what a poor performance, the next game in the prem after the Lose to Arsenal and we played terrible again, got lucky to get a Penalty, thank you Pogba for finishing it. We need to step our Game back up in the League

Carabao Cup
Manchester United vs Wolves
Starting 11:
Romero - Wan-Bissaka, McKenna, Lindelöf, Dalot - Lingard, McTominay, Matic, James - Rashford, Greenwood
Subs:
Mata for Greenwood (Same as last game)
Fosu-Mensah for Wan-Bissaka
Pogba for Matic
Goals:
1:0 Rashford (56.)

In the Carabao Cup we had to play Wolves, with a somewhat rotated squad we went out at old Trafford and did the job thanks to a goal from Rashford. 2 Goals in 3 Games from him, maybe he is starting to score now

Anyway that was it in October, not a good month but not too bad either, had lucky games for us in there and lost our first game. The last two league games were bad, we need to start playing better again in the Prem.

At the End of October and after 10 League Games we are now 3rd Place, i think we are in a good spot

NOVEMBER:
Manchester United vs Leicester City
Starting 11:
De Gea - Wan-Bissaka, Maguire, Lindelöf, Shaw - Sabitzer, Fosu-Mensah, Pogba, Gnabry - Rashford, Martial
Subs:
Greenwood for Rashford
James for Gnabry
Bailly for Maguire
Goals:
1:0 Martial (27.) 2:0 Sabitzer (68.)

After not winning the last two games we are back on the winning ways, decent game against Leicester, very happy with the win

Europa League:
Braga vs Manchester United
Starting 11:
Romero - Asta, McKenna, Lindelöf, Dalot - Lingard, McTominay, Fred, James - Rashford, Greenwood
Subs:
Martial for Rashford
Gnabry for James
Pogba for Fred
Goals:
1:0 Xadas (45.) 2:0 Rui Fonte (69.) 2:1Martial (79.)

Bad game from our Back Up Eleven in this european game, should have really won this game, but we play like ****

Liverpool vs Manchester United
Starting 11:
De Gea - Wan-Bissaka, Maguire, Bailly, Shaw - Sabitzer, Fosu-Mensah, Pogba, Gnabry - Martial, Ünal
Subs:
Lindelöf for Maguire
James for Gnabry
Goals:
0:1 Martial (11.) 0:2 Ünal (35.) 1:2 Lovren (47.) 2:2 Roberto Firmino (52.) 3:2 Roberto Firmino (68.) 4:2 Roberto Firmino (84.)

What a game, brilliant first half from us, Liverpool had no Chance against us, we were confident 2:0 up at Half-Time, but the second half was not good from the team and Liverpool stepped the game up big time. Roberto Firmino really destroyed our defense.

Manchester United vs Brigthon
Starting 11:
De Gea - Dalot, Lindelöf, Bailly, Shaw - Sabitzer, Fosu-Mensah, Fred, James - Martial, Ünal
Subs:
Gnabry for James
Rashford for Ünal
Pogba for Fred
Goals:
1:0 Rashford (70.)

At least we came back with a win after the devastating loss against Liverpool, hopefully we can find our Form back now

Europa League:
Crvena Zvezda vs Manchester United
Starting 11:
De Gea - Wan-Bissaka, Maguire, Bailly, Shaw - Sabitzer, Fosu-Mensah, Pogba, Gnabry - Martial, Ünal
Subs:
Rashford for Ünal
James for Sabitzer
Goals:
0:1 Gnabry (4.) 0:2 Gnabry (10.) 1:2 van La Parra (48.) 1:3 Gnabry (71.) 1:4 Pogba (Penalty, 79.) 1:5 Shaw (87.)

To end the month we are winning confident in Europe, thanks to a great game from the team, especially Gnabry

In the League we are now in 5th Place, so we are close to our goal to get into the Champions League, but not quite in the position we would like to

DECEMBER:
West Ham United vs Manchester United
Starting 11:
Romero - Asta, McKenna, Lindelöf, Dalot - Sabitzer, Fosu-Mensah, Fred, James - Greenwood, Rashford
Subs:
Shaw for Asta (Dalot switching to RB)
Martial for Greenwood
Pogba for Fred
Goals:
1:0 Anderson (17.) 2:0 Cresswell (30.) 2:1 Rashford (37.) 3:1 Zabaleta (45. + 2) 3:2 Martial (67.) 3:3 Martial (67.)

In the Prem with a Back-Up eleven we didn't play a good first half, but Martial with two goals in the same minute saved us a point at least

Manchester United vs Manchester City
Starting 11:
De Gea - Wan-Bissaka, Maguire, Bailly, Shaw - Sabitzer, McTominay, Pogba, Gnabry - Martial, Rashford
Subs:
Dalot for Shaw ( Shaw got injured at the 52. Minute, not good)
James for Sabitzer
Ünal for Martial
Goals:
1:0 Rashford (6.) 2:0 Martial (9.) 2:1 Agüero (28.) Red Card Mendy (41.) 3:1 Rashford (42.) 3:2 Agüero (55.) 3:3 Rugani (65.) 4:3 James (71.)

Big Win for us, beating City is always important and they were unbeaten so far, fighting back for a Place in the Top 4, but the Shaw injury is really bad, as he is our only trained LB, i don't think Dalot is good enough to play there for us, as he doesn't favour the position and won't be performing well than i think

Newcastle United vs Manchester United
Starting 11:
De Gea - Dalot, Maguire, Bailly, Rojo - James, McTominay, Matic, Gnabry - Martial, Rashford
Subs:
Ünal for Rashford
Pogba for McTominay
Sabitzer for James
Goals:
0:1 Martial (33.) 1:1 Ritchie (Penalty missed, scored the rebounce, 42.) 1:2 Matic (49.) 1:3 Ünal (83.)

Matic getting in the Team, after he is always injured and scores a beautiful Freekick, hope he will stay fit for the Rest of the Season

Europa League
Manchester United vs Basaksehir
Starting 11:
Romero - Dalot, Maguire, Lindelöf, Rojo - James, Fosu-Mensah, Matic, Gnabry - Martial, Ünal
Subs:
Sabitzer for Gnabry
Rashford for Martial
Goals:
1:0 Gnabry (8.) 2:0 Rojo (44.)

Rojo will play LB until Shaw comes back, played good both games and scored, but in the Winter we need a new one

Manchester United vs Wolves
Starting 11:
De Gea - Wan-Bissaka, Maguire, Lindelöf, Rojo - Sabitzer, McTominay, Pogba, Gnabry - Martial, Ünal
Subs:
Rashford for Ünal
James for Sabitzer
Dalot for Rojo
Goals:
1:0 Lindelöf (8.) 2:0 Rashford (84.)

Great that we are winning again games in a row, we need to continue this run

Carabao Cup:
Manchester United vs Burnley
Starting 11:
Romero - Dalot, Bailly, Lindelöf, Rojo - Lingard, Fosu-Mensah, Matic, James - Rashford, Ünal
Subs:
Wan-Bissaka for Rojo ( Dalot switching sides)
Pogba for Matic
Goals:
1:0 Rashford (3.) 2:0 Lindelöf (9.) 2:1 Brady (17.) 3:1 James (31.) 4:1 Dalot (55.)

We also win in the cup and move on to the next round

Manchester United vs Chelsea
Starting 11:
De Gea - Wan-Bissaka, Bailly, Maguire, Rojo - Sabitzer, McTominay, Pogba, Gnabry - Martial, Rashford
Subs:
Ünal for Martial
James for Sabitzer
Goals:
1:0 Sabitzer (13.) 2:0 Pogba (17.) 2:1 Christensen (28.) 3:1 Rashford (29.) 3:2 Willian (52.) 4:2 Rashford (90. +1)

It seems like we are really enjoying scoring 4 against Chelsea, i hope we will continue like this in the future against them

Southhampton vs Manchester United
Starting 11:
De Gea - Wan-Bissaka, Bailly, Lindelöf, Rojo - Sabitzer, McTominay, Pogba, Gnabry - Martial, Rashford
Subs:
Ünal for Rashford
James for Martial (Sabitzer moving to ST, Martial picked up an Injury)
Goals:
1:0 Warde-Prowse (5.) 1:1 Gnabry (28.) 1:2 Gnabry (44.) 1:3 Ünal (65.) 1:4 Gnabry (82.)

Gnabry was on fire in that game, really enjoying the team right now

Manchester United vs Everton
Starting 11:
De Gea - Dalot, Maguire, Lindelöf, Rojo - Sabitzer, McTominay, Pogba, Gnabry - Ünal, Rashford
Subs:
Matic for Pogba
Greenwood for Ünal
Shaw for Rojo
Goals:
1:0 Sabitzer (2.) 2:0 Rashford (7.) 3:0 Lindelöf (90. +2 )

Ending the Month with another Victory

The December was something special, only drawing one game and winning the Rest, really glad right now, i would love to continue like this

At the Halfway Point:
Premier League Table:
Screenshot (53).png

Europa League Table:
Screenshot (54).png

Stats of the Team:
Screenshot (51).png

Screenshot (52).png

Thank you all so far for reading this. i am enjoying this save i hope you do as well