MikeMcfc

Reaction score
Never done a story before so don't know how its usually done but here goes,

I wanted a challenge by being the team predicted to finish bottom of League 2. I know there is bigger challenges but its a challenge nonetheless.

Signed a young AM from Leicester on loan and Signed a striker from none league side Barrow. wanted a striker who was tall and quick so could play various ways. only had 25k to spend so he was my man.

Got off to a great start with 2 1-0 wins in my first 2 games against Northampton and Yeovil. Honeymoon ended and went the next 7 or so games without a win until I got a huge win away at top side Portsmouth. I am now half way through the season and sitting in 9th place 1 point off the play offs. I have one of the best defence records in the league but one of the worst Goal scoring stats. with 7 wins, 12 draws and 4 losses. a fair few nil nils and 1-0's I feel I am slowly becoming League 2's Louis Van gal. The great league position keeps tempting me to think more goals could get us into those play offs but wary of paying the price defensively and going backwards. Any advice would be welcomed. Personally think keep going with how it is and look at the goals improvement next season.