Cherries on top - Bournemouth in the Prem!

Milleg9

Reaction score
View attachment 253098

In a club statement today Bournemouth FC have announced that Manager Eddie Howe has stepped down as Manager 6 weeks before the start of the season due to undisclosed personal circumstances.

The Club would like to thank Eddie for all the special Memories and effort it placed into the development of this club and wish him well in all future endeavors.

Bournemouth have placed Scottish Manager Gavin Miller who was working as a coach under Eddie in Temporary charge pending review of performance.

Miller who has worked in Youth Coaching and development for St Johnstone FC prior to his move to Bournemouth will be in charge of all first team affairs accompanied by a new Director of football TBA to support through this transitional period.

View attachment 253097

"In a shock development Sky Sports News can report that Eddie Howe has stepped down as Bournemouth manager with immediate effect and the club has placed Gavin Miller in caretaker charge more to follow as soon as we have an update of the shock announcement at Dean Court"

View attachment 253101

Sky Sports has Established the following fact-file about Gavin Miller:
  • 27 year old , Born in Scotland
  • Played at Junior level football before taking up a career in coaching
  • learned under Atholl Henderson at St Johnstone before taking up an analytical coaching role at the Perth based club
  • Has been working at AFCB for the last 16 months working closely with Previous manager Eddie Howe
  • Has never managed any club at any level
View attachment 253099

"Gavin reminds us a lot of Eddie when we gave him the chance to take over the club and look at where that move took us from the brink of closure to the start of a golden era and we firmly believe that Gavin has the ability to pick up where Eddie left off"

"We will support Gavin with the same plan we had thought of for Eddie this year , With a strong budget and a Director of Football who fits our criteria and philosophy"

Bournemouth have confirmed a Press Conference and full media unveiling of Gavin at 12.30 on June 22nd

( I hope you like the start of this and I hope I can do it justice, Always open to feedback)

View attachment 253011
"We take you over to Dean Court now to find out more about the recent changes"

View attachment 253008

As we enter into the Bournemouth press room there is a sense of excitement as Bournemouth announce they will unveil their new head coach and director of football, Common knowledge of Gavin Miller's appointment but the D.O.F is still a bit of a mystery.

View attachment 253007

"I would like to take this opportunity to introduce to you Gavin Miller and our new director of football Glenn Hoddle"

"We are now open to questions from the floor"

View attachment 253005

"Gavin and Glen Congratulations on your new roles , can you tell us a bit about your goals for the club?"

GM - "Myself and Glen firmly believe that this club is on the up , Just look at the turnaround and our aim is to continue that ascendance in the stages we have mapped out"

Stage 1 : Premiership security - This league is the best league in the world and we want to be part of it for a very long time, So many people worked hard to get here and now we have to make ourselves a permanent fixture of this league"

Stage 2 : Financial development - We will look to be smart with our money and we wont break our structure for any individual and will always live within our means that is one of the key tasks I have been set by the owners

Stage 3 :silverware - We have not come this far to not win anything and all be it that this will be a tough task , once we have completed stage 1 and 2 we feel we will be in a strong position to push forward and win trophies

View attachment 253003
"Glen - what made you want to come to Bournemouth? and how will your relationship with Gavin work?"

View attachment 253001

"I was attracted to this football club through the dedication the chairmen and owner have shown in the development of this club, They are giving me an opportunity to bring my expertise to the table and push on with the plan that is in place to push this club even further forward"

"With Gavin I will be helping him as he learns the game as somewhat of an escalation point in all managerial matters from the running of training sessions, Scouting and networking across the football world and media interaction"

View attachment 252999

"Jeff there has been a lot of skepticism and almost fear that the club will struggle to move on from Eddie Howe"

View attachment 252997

We have made these moves and all we ask from the fans is that they trust us that we have got the right connection of youth and experience much like you need for your playing squad as in the backroom staff.

Eddie was also part of the consultations made in the changes as we have offered him a non executive membership to the board on a part time basis and if Eddie believes we have made the right choices then I would hope the fans would also do so.

View attachment 252995

"Gavin what can the fans expect in terms of the playing style of the club"

View attachment 252991

I spent part of my coaching badges learning from some of the best coaches and I will also be working with Glen to create a smart high pressing attacking football that the fans can be proud of and looking to utilize the best individual talents at our club.

That concludes today's press conference the next update will be a squad evaluation, Staff changes and Transfer target review

View attachment 252970

Bournemouth have announced the following changes to the back room staff as part of the new transitional period the club finds it's self in and we are delighted to announce these well respected coaches to our club.

Asst. Manager

Jon Dahl Tomasson

View attachment 252969

JDT - The former Denmark International with 112 caps for his country has taken up the reign of number 2 at the club , JDT was previously manager of Dutch side Roda JC last season and got the club promoted to the Eredevise at the first time of asking , He brings a vast knowledge of Dutch and Scandinavian football which are Markets we see as an excellent platform to look at bringing players in from as many of these tend to present value and sell on profitability. JDT was on a coaching course with Gavin Last year where the two became friends and the ambition of bringing in Glenn Hoddle seems to have sold the club was the right move for JDT.

First Team Coaches

Wally Downes

View attachment 252967

Wally fit the bill perfectly he has a fantastic record with West Ham and Reading and is a defensive minded co-ordinator will help bring discipline and balance to our training sessions and in game with his no nonsense approach.

Clive Allen

View attachment 252965

Clive is someone that Glenn Knows really well and we believe can really help our attacking players develop with his career record of almost 1 goal every 2 games over a 17 year span. Clive will be key in our plans to push Callum Wilson into the English Elite.

John Harbin

View attachment 252964

John is someone we are ecstatic to have on board and is somewhat of backroom coup. Previously working with the Australian national Rugby association before taking up Football with Swansea and lately Plymouth Argyle and John's attention to detail of the physical demands of sport is something we are very excited about.

View attachment 252676

Today Bournemouth manager held his first meeting with all first team players supported by his new support functions.

View attachment 252673

"I would like to thank you all for coming today , You have all done so well to make this dream a reality however the fairy-tale ending is not a given , You will all have to work extremely hard even for us to just have a chance to stay up and I know this is not the light and fluffy introduction but I want you to know I have expectations that you work hard for one another and I will not offer sympathy to anyone under performing"

"I do have plans to bring in a few faces to give our squad more depth and quality and again some of you may not like this but it is the truth - some of you will not be here at the start of the season"

View attachment 252672

Callum Wilson " I am out to prove that I can cut it at this level and I will give you 100% this season , Give me the service and I will score goals I promise you that"

View attachment 252670
Matt Ritchie " I want to be a success here and I want to push my International career forward , Play me and I will make sure that Callum gets the service you want him to have"

This is all positive stuff boys I know we can do it , I believe in all of your abilities to deliver

"Junior, , Shaun, Elliot - Can you stay behind"

View attachment 252668View attachment 252665View attachment 252664

"This may be hard for you boys to hear , But after reviewing the playing squad all 4 of you are free to find new clubs, You are not in my plans and I can't see how you are going into my strategy for the development of this club , I would like to thank you for all your endeavors and wish you a bright future... Remember that hardship prepares ordinary people for extraordinary destiny - Good luck to you all"

View attachment 252186

Reports coming out of Bournemouth that a deal has been agreed to bring in former Rangers, Liverpool and hearts player Danny Wilson the 23 year old has been capped 5 times for Scotland at senior level has been offered a 3 year deal as he was a free agent.

View attachment 252185

"This is a fantastic opportunity to play in the Premiership , I have learned and matured a lot from my time at Liverpool , Which maybe came to soon for me but this is the platform to help me develop further and get back into the Scotland squad , I spoke with Matt Ritchie about the club and he told me it's a club that are looking to progress and has a loyal fanbase and when I spoke with Glenn Hoddle the D.O.F it felt like the right move for me"

Here are some clips of Danny Wilson in action

[video=youtube;CHJ2Fk_W1Yk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CHJ2Fk_W1Yk[/video]

Gavin Miller has said that he is really excited with Danny and that if he works hard he can develop into a star player for the club but will have to work hard to get into the team.​

Thank you mate!I appreciate it! Hope the season does it justice :)

View attachment 251732

Sky Sports understands that Denmark International Thomas Delaney has signed to Bournemouth today from FC Copenhagen for a fee believed to be around the 700k mark

View attachment 251731

"Thomas fits our mold perfectly he is a very hard working , Tough tackling midfielder and much like a British orientated midfielder who will cover every blade of grass and make the smart effective plays in terms of transition from Defence to Offence"

View attachment 251729

"I have come to Bournemouth after speaking with some of the people I knew that played in England and they have said that this is a club that is making progress and moving in all the right directions and im very excited for my opportunity to compete at this level"

The playing squad does have a few holes in it but we believe the quality we are adding to the team will help bring in the strength and depth required to compete at this level.

We have so far confirmed the following players to the ranks and we are actively looking to seek more fresh faces

MF Thomas Delaney

DF Danny Wilson

Training

View attachment 251712

"The boys are being put through their paces and the players with the right attitude will be the guys at the front of the team selection process, Every player has to earn their right to be in this league and now these players have to prove that they deserve to stay here now"

Tactics

"I have always been inspired by teams that play attacking football and I don't mean this boring your opponent to death with possession that seems to be the in thing at the moment, My theory is I want you to get forward quickly , I want you to create chances and I want you to score that wins games , I don't think it would be realistic for us to stay right we are going to Emirates and well play keep ball against Arsenal"

"We would go the emirates or any other stadium , Press high and win the ball , Get forward and create chances that's what I want to see this season"

View attachment 251704

View attachment 251701

Friendlies

View attachment 251697

"Some really strong results in pre season with victories against top European sides such as Dinamo Kiev, Galatasary, Brondby , These are only friendlies but the signs from the games were very encouraging and some people have given me a few things to think about"

Nice tactics not too far from what I usually use but its good to have some variation (would be boring if everyone played exactly the same) And of course great results on the friendly games. You certainly look ready for the season.

View attachment 251419

Bournemouth have made a double swoop in the transfer market today confirming the double signings of Luke Garbutt on a season long loan from Everton and Salif Sane from Hannover for 2.2 Million.

Luke Garbutt

View attachment 251418

"I am looking forward to playing a full season in the premiership , obviously with everton I was cover for when Bainesy was out , But Bournemouth manager Gavin Miller and director of football Glenn Hoddle have really sold the club to me and the attacking play that they want really appealed to me."

GM: " Luke is someone who Glenn said to me may be available and that he felt could be a steal in this window and when someone like Glenn gives you a recommendation you tend to listen."

Salif Sane

View attachment 251417

<strong>[video=youtube;D61r5KDSV04]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D61r5KDSV04[/video]

"I am so happy to be given the opportunity to play in the Premiership with some of the greatest players in the world I spoke with my friend Demba Ba who played here with 3 clubs and he said to me there is no better feeling than playing in this league so when Bournemouth gave me the chance I knew I had to say yes"

GM: "Salif is someone who really like he is very physical , has a big build and is a tough tackler that can play in a few positions but we see him screening the defence and breaking up our oppenents play"

( I hope you like the signings so far - I am looking to sign players that not too many people would have signed to keep the game interesting )

View attachment 251380

There is a fantastic turnout at the first Premier League game at Dean Court where Bournemouth take on Everton , in the inauguration of Gavin Miller as Manager.

View attachment 251379

Bournemouth have confirmed that the opening game has been a sold out

"This is a real special occasion and I hope we do the city and the fans proud on this historic day" Gavin Miller

"I have never felt an atmosphere like this there have been fans here since 10.30 this morning it's crazy" Jeff Moystn

"I can't wait for the first whistle because this is a start of a special chapter in our lives" Tommy Elphick

MATCH REPORT

View attachment 251366

Man of the Match :

Romelu Lukaku - 4 goals , 9.7 Rating

View attachment 251365

"I am delighted with 4 goals for me today, But this was about the team starting in the right way and we did that"

Manager comments

"not every fairy tale has a happy begging and I hope that we are not like this at the end of our fairy tale or at any other point actually, I think the occasion got to the players we let too many big players have too much time on the ball in dangerous positions - You can't give guys like Leighton Baines that much space to cross a ball in especially to guys like Lukaku who punish you with half a chance never mind a perfect delivery"

"We never caused that much of a threat because we never gave Everton that much to think about we were a bit predictable in our play and I have asked Glenn already to go find me a player with a bit of flair , someone a bit enigmatic for opposition to deal with - we lacked that today and it was clear"

"I have outlined to the players that I will not accept another performance like that again this season"

Player reaction

View attachment 251363

Steve Cook

"I can only promise the fans that won't see us like that again , We promised them we would fight for every ball but we stood off Everton and let them pick us apart that will not happen again"

View attachment 251202

Bournemouth have today made there 5th signing of the summer , one which is looking a bit of a strange one with the signing of Nadir Ciftci from Dundee United for 2 Million.

The Turkish striker began his professional career with Portsmouth scoring 1 goal in 19 games before spells with Kayserspor and NAC breda before 2 years with Dundee United where he has a 1 in 3 record for goals.

Ciftci has found controversy in Scotland with two incidents of recognition.

Firstly

View attachment 251200

He recieved a two match ban for playing his hands around a referee's neck in a game against Inverness Caley Thistle

Secondly

View attachment 251199

A Luis Suarez Esq bite on Dundee midfielder Jim Mcalister, Which was surrounded by controversy.

Gavin Miller was quick to defend his new acquisition :

"Nadir has something about him that I really like he does not think like most other players , he will do the things that nobody expects with the ball, Does he have his flaws... Yes but we all do and I am hoping that this environment can really help him express himself in the right way all the time"

[video=youtube;580Wa43t3DU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=580Wa43t3DU[/video]

[video=youtube;OFTgYK_GHqc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OFTgYK_GHqc[/video]

Nadir Ciftci

"It was always my destiny to play in this league and I want to thank Bournemouth for helping me fulfill this , I can't wait to show everyone in the world what I have to offer"

( I hope these videos show why I have went for him and I hope it pays off)

View attachment 250796

Bournemouth have their first away game of the season at Tim Sherwood's Aston Villa the challenge presented with the 350 mile round trip.

View attachment 250784

"This will be a tough game for the boys , Villa Park is not an easy place to come! but the boys have worked very hard in training and we did a bit of work on the cohesion of the team we felt they needed to come together and all make sure they are pulling in the same direction a bit more" Gavin Miller

View attachment 250795

"I just said to the lads this team is dangerous but you have to remember last year they were in the championship and last year we were in the premiership we are the better team just go and prove that on the pitch" Tim Sherwood

View attachment 250794

"Do you need anymore motivation than what he just said about us , He thinks his team are going to walk all over us because they were in the Premiership and we were in the Championship! That Smug W*nker let's show them that we deserve to be here! Stick it right to them boys"

MATCH REPORT
View attachment 250793

View attachment 250792

Bournemouth today showed that they are no mugs with a fighting and dominant performance with their first win as a premier league club.

Debut goal from Turkish striker Nadir Ciftci with 6 minutes gone , a reverse pass by O'Kane saw Ciftci clean through with a 1 on 1 with Brad Guzan and as cool as you like on your premiership debut the striker dinked the ball over the top of the on rushing Villa keeper to send the Bournemouth Staff, Players and fans a like celebrate!

Aston Villa then equalized when the pacey Agbonlahor played a neat 1 2 with Fabian Delph which Agbonlahor smashed past Adam Federici in the Bournemouth goal.

Bournemouth sealed the historic win when a Luke Garbutt corner was headed home by Club captain Tommy Elphick with a powerful header at the back post sent back the way it came into the Top Right hand corner.

Man of the Match:

View attachment 250787

"Fantastic performance from the lads and a well deserved 3 points! Hopefully this is the kick start into our season now"

Managers comments

"I felt that we were better in every department today we chased everything , We kept the ball well , We were dangerous and Nadir Ciftci was outstanding he worked so hard and had so many little moments of quality from his goal to his touch and inter play with Callum up top.. What Can I say he was what we were missing in the first game"

"Tim made a comment about us in the championship last year and if he lets a team from the championship come to his ground and play them off the park he might find himself in the championship"

( FEEDBACK is always welcome)​

Love the updates mate, Tough first game but a great win against Aston Villa!