Ghents

Reaction score
I've been using a DF-S in a 442 and pairing it with another DF-S or DF-D depending on what I'm going up against, but I'm trying to think of a more lethal paring with the DF-S. Does anyone have any experience working with one and have any suggestions?I'm also considering shifting to a 4411 with am AM-A behind the DF-S.

I've been been pairing my defensive foward on defend duty with a deep laying foward in my 4-4-2, and that has been working phenomenal. I'm playing with a structured team shape and direct passing.

Yes, on support. Both with the press mutch more instruction to make the defenders' life a nightmare. Wide midfielder(a) and wide playmaker(a) on the flanks, with a BBM and a CM(d) behind them. Also my fullbacks is on attack duty witch allows me to go heavy on the flanks and get tons of overlaps. Expect to score ALOT of goals from crosses. Best 4-4-2 i've ever had

Almost exactly like my setup. I have WBA on either side with two CM-D, though..

i play a high tempo high line pressing 433, but on defensive or counter mentality with fluid or very fluid shape and it works wonders, my front 3 are 2 inside forwards one support one attack with player instructions to clsoe down much more, tight marking and tackle harder and in the centre i play a defensive forward support this set up works wonders for a high pressing team and with support duty the defensive forward scores loads, usually getting on the end of crosses or winning the ball and running thru 1 on 1, recently i tried him on defence instead of support so he was deeper as i felt he was being isolated and its amazing! he plays like a false 9/ deep lying forward dropping back and linking up moves sitting between the lines etc but still puts in a shift when we dont have the ball, its such a good role you should try it to aslong as he has support from the wings or a shadow striker advance playmaker behind him hes a beast

df

found Jamie vardy a devastating df in a 4231 with Cristian pavon to the left of him and mahrez on the right both inside forwards