Derby County presents Paul Green as their new Manager!!! (Revamp)

squaddie198

Reaction score
Derby County are pleased to announce Paul Green as the man to take over from Nigel Clough. We have full confidence in Paul's ability to take this club back into the Premier League where we feel that we belong. We are prepared to back him in the transfer window to the tune of £2M and have enough room in the wages budget.

Paul Green statement

I'm delighted to have been given the chance to come in and become manager of Derby County Football Club. I've been a lifelong fan of this club so to now become its new manager really is a dream come true. We will push this club towards and hopefully achieve promotion back to the Premier League, maybe not this season but within the next 3 years.

2009 / 2010 Season

Pre-Season

I felt that once I had taken a look over the entire club our staff wasn't upto the level I was wanting them to be, so I offered them all mutual termination and set about bringing in a complete new coaching staff. I hired the best coaches I was able to attract to Derby and set about getting the players as ready as possible for the pre-season friendlies coming up soon.

I had decided on using a 4-1-2-2-1 formation, having a DM giving protection to my back 4 with the 2 attacking midfielders giving support to the lone striker. I didn't jump into the transfer window before the start of the season as I had confidence in the players already at the club and hoped that I would be able to make the players fit my system and so I pushed on towards our pre-season friendlies.

Pre-Season Friendlies

Derby County Reserves - H - 1-0
Inverurie Loco Works - A - 0-3
Aberdeen - H - 0-1
Burton Albion - H - 1-0
Man City - H - 1-2
Grimsby Town - A - 1-1
Brentford - A - 0-1
GH Academy - H - 8-0

Apart from the Aberdeen and Man City games, I was quite happy with the way the players had settled into the new system and I was quite looking forward to starting the new season.

2009 / 2010 Season

After the first 10 games I has quite happy with how we had started life in the Coca-Cola Championship. We had won 3, drawn 3 lost 4 but no one team had started like lightning either so it was all quite tight in the top half of the table.

The next 10 games we were able to push on and turn the defeats into wins taking 5 wins and 4 draws with only the 1 defeat. We were hovering around the top of the table but there was just something missing in the squad. I felt that we were missing that little bit of quality in a couple of positions and after having a few injury worries during the first 20 games, I wanted to bring in a couple of fresh faces to help the squad in the second half of the season.

So I brought in the following players:

Kyle Bartley / Loan / Arsenal
Andreu Fontas / Transfer (45k) / Barcelona
John Bostock / Loan / Spurs
Zydrunas Karcemarskas / Free transfer

And I allowed the following players to leave:

Ruben Zadkovich / Transfer (26K) / Grimsby
Jermaine Johnson / Free Transfer
Greg Mills / Free Transfer
Aleksander Prijovic / Loan / Luton
Robbie Savage / Free Transfer

Unfortunately in the final 26 games of the season we couldn't keep up consistency and only took 10 wins with 5 draws and 11 defeats. It was these 11 defeats that resulted in us finishing in 9th place at the end of the season. The board were happy with how we had played this season and that we were in the hunt for the playoffs.

Cup Competitions

The board wanted us to make it into the 4th round of the FA Cup and the 3rd round in the League Cup. We managed to make the 4th round of the FA Cup after beating Hereford in the 3rd round but got turned over by Southampton in the 4th round. In the League Cup we could only make it to the 2nd round after being drawn against Bolton from the Premier League. Thankfully the board wasn't too bothered about that in the end.

End of Season

In the end it was a quite successful 1st season in charge, the team are moving in the right direction and are making the fans and board happy with their play and results. So our overall results were:

Played 59 Won 26 Draws 12 Lost 21 GS 91 GC 73 GD +18

Top Goalscorer - Rob Hulse (15)
Highest Ave Rating - Paul Green 7.09 (45 apps)
Fans Player of Year - Paul Green

2010 / 2011 Season

Pre-Season

After having a good first season managing Derby, I was fairly confident that we could achieve promotion this season and so were the board. I still had the majority of the £2M from the previous season and so I wanted to add a few extra players at the start of the season so that I had quality in each position. So I added the following players to the squad:

Randy Wolters / Free Transfer / FC Utrecht
Michael Woods / Transfer (180k) / Chelsea
John Bostock / Loan / Spurs
Emmanuel Frimpong / Loan / Arsenal
Nathan Baker / Loan / Aston Villa
Ryan Shotton / Loan / Stoke
Antunes / Transfer (200k) / Roma

And I let the following players leave:

Lee Hendrie / Free Transfer
Gary Teale / Free Transfer
Saul Deeney / Free Transfer
Mark Dudley / Free Transfer
Alex Forde / Free Transfer
Medi Abalimba / Free Transfer
Ross Atkins / Free Transfer
Lewis Price / Free Transfer
Mark O'Brien / Loan / Bury
Luke Varney / Free Transfer

Now hopefully i've got enough quality to push on from last season and get promotion.

Pre-Season Friendlies

Spartans - A - 0-6
Crewe - A - 1-0
Burton Albion - A - 0-4
GH Academy - H - 4-0
Southampton - H - 2-2
Dundee Utd - H - 3-0
Cheltenham - A - 0-1
Gillingham - A - 1-3

So after our pre-season friendlies we were feeling quite happy with the new season approaching.

2010 / 2011 Season

Our confidence in the team and tactics were quickly proven as after the first 10 games, we had won 6 drawn 1 and lost 3. We had also played some of the major contenders for the title like Newcastle, QPR, Nottm Forest (we smashed them 5-0 at Pride Park!) Portsmouth (4-0 win for us), Reading, Leicester and Sheff Utd. We had scored 18 goals and played some good football and were in the top 4.

Thinking that we would carry this good run of form through towards christmas came to a shuddering halt with a run of 4 straight defeats. Annoyingly 3 of the 4 defeats should've been easy wins for us, Ipswich, Blackpool and Cardiff should have been wins. The West Ham defeat could've been expected after their relegation but the form we were in it was still dissapointing.

Thankfully the next 6 games saw us turn our form back around, with 4 wins and 2 draws getting us back on our feet with 2 of these wins being a great 4-2 away win at Birmingham and 5-3 home win against Swansea.

As well as we were playing, my strikers weren't really banging the goals in so in the January window I went looking for another striker to come in and put some pressure on them and get some goals for me. One of my scouts told me of a striker from Sparta Rotterdam called Jessy Mayele who would be a good addition to the squad so I whipped in a quick loan bid which was accepted.

This seemed to spark the strikers into life as Prijovic, Commons, Porter and Hulse all started putting their chances away as over the next 15 games I won 10, drew 2 and lost 3. Annoyingly Ipswich beat us again doing the double over us. Well it was a spanking actually at Portman Road, 5-1 which Keane didn't let me forget easily!

And then disaster struck with 11 games to go. Against West Ham I lost Porter, Prijovic AND Hulse and with just one striker left thought that this was the end of my push for promotion. I was sitting in the top 3 with West Ham and Birmingham, and thought that we were now going to slip down and out the playoff places. This seemed to be being coming true as we then lost to Cardiff and Watford, not scoring in either.

Luckily for me Jessy Mayele must've been using those 2 games to get match fitness because he led us on a fantastic last 8 games, leading us to 7 wins and a draw, scoring 10 goals in the process. In fact we scored 28 goals in the last 8 games. But unfortunately for us the double West Ham had over us gave them the Championship title, leaving us 2 points behind them in 2nd.

This was still a brilliant result for the team and the board and fans were ecstatic that we were promoted back to the Premier League.

Cup Competitions

Again this season, the board wanted a 4th round appearance in the FA Cup and 3rd round in the League Cup. We achieved the FA Cup with a win over Blackpool until Ipswich (AGAIN) beat us in the 4th round.

The performance in the League Cup make the fans and board happy though after making it to the 4th round only to be narrowly beaten by Man Utd 1-0.

End of Season

So in the end it was a fantastic season for us, gaining automatic promotion and having a decent run in the League Cup. Our final results being:

Played 60 Won 37 Draws 6 Lost 17 GS 108 GC 70 GD +38

Top Goalscorer - Kris Commons (18)
Highest Ave Rating - Kris Commons 7.24 (48 apps)
Fans Player of Year - Kris Commons

---------- Post added at 01:56 AM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 11:09 PM ----------

2011 / 2012 Season

This season the board want me to fight bravely against relegation this season and have given me a £10M budget. I think this season is going to be a real struggle for us, but i'm going to use a new tactic this season, i'm going to change us from the 4-1-2-2-1 to a 4-4-2 so that I can try and counter the better teams tactics. Because of this i've brought in a few new faces, to try and give the squad a boost and a bit of youth too. Players brought in are:

Stephen Brown / Dundee / £2.8M
Romelu Lukaku / Anderlecht / Loan £450k
Yago / Juventus / Loan £1.3M
Kyriakos Papadopoulos / Olympiakos / Loan £925k
Morten Nordstrand / FC Copenhagen / £800k
Iker Munian / Athletic / £5M (plus an extra £5M over 48 months)

To try and balance the books a little I let the following players leave:

Mitchell Hanson / Tranmere / Loan
Dean Moxey / St Mirren / Loan £325k
Rob Hulse / Leeds / £1.2M
Lee Croft / Leicester / Loan

Pre-Season Friendlies

GH Academy - H - 9-0
Darlington - A - 0-4
Brighton - A - 1-1
Rushden - A - 1-4
Man Utd - H - 3-2
Burton - A - 0-3
Crewe - A - 0-3

It's looking like my switch to a 4-4-2 is going to work well for us, if our pre-season friendly results are anything to go by.

booooooooo we all hate derby lol best of luck dude use mr hough formation trust me

2011/12 season

I set about trying to keep derby in the premiership. The board want me to bravely fight against relagation this season and gave me £10M budget to try and accomplish this. There was NO way I was going to do a Newcastle or a Leeds and bankrupt myself over staying up so I tried to be realistic about things. So I brought in:

Stephen Brown Dundee £2.8M
Romelu Lukaku Anderlecht Ln fee £450k
Yago Juventus Ln fee £1.3M
Kriakos Papadopoulos Olympiakos Ln fee 925k
Morten Nordstrand FC Kopenhagen £800k
Iker Munian Athletic £5M (£5M over 48 months)

And got rid of:

Mitchell Hanson Tranmere Loan
Dean Moxey St Mirren Ln fee £325k
Rob Hulse Leeds £1.2M
Lee Croft Leicester Loan

The fans were not very happy about Rob Hulse going to one of my main rivals in Leeds but his legs were starting to go and I wasnted to change the style of play this season. I wanted to change from the defensive 4-3-3 I was playing to a 4-4-2 system where the wingers were pushed on supporting the 2 strikers.

Anyway I was feeling confident about this formation after my friendlies as my results were:

GH Academy (H) 9-0
Darlington (A) 0-4
Brighton (A) 1-1
Rushden (A) 1-4
Man Utd (H) 3-2 !!!!!!!
Burton (A) 0-3
Crewe (A) 1-3

So as you can imagine I was taking some optimism into the new season but unfortunately so far its not paid off. In the 1st 5 games of the season we've played really well in all the games but just not got the run of the ball, well apart from the Man Utd game where they came to Pride Park and played us off the pitch. No repeat of the pre-season friendy here!!! So, so far this season my Premier League results have been:

Birmingham (H) 0-1
Man Utd (H) 0-3
Blackburn (A) 1-0
Spurs (A) 3-2
West Brom (H) 2-3

We should really have got something from all the games except the Man Utd game but just had no luck so far. Hopefully the team is starting to gel now though and will start getting the results we deserve.

I'll try and keep you upto date with how i'm going....hopefully still in the job of my dreams by the end of the season!!!

---------- Post added at 02:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:21 AM ----------

Thank god for the League Cup!!!!

As you have probably seen I lost the first 5 games of the season back in the Premier League, well I lost the next game 2-0 away at Wigan and the whole team were starting to get on a real downer, even though we had been playing well. Well the 3rd round of the League Cup through up a home tie against Sunderland, and I wasn't expecting any return from this game. And after going 2-0 down in the 1st half after dominating the half then I was really starting to tear my hair out! So I gave them the "Hairdryer" treatment Fergie-style and made 2 half-time subs and tactical changes Jose-style we looked a different team. We got it back to 2-2 after 90 minutes to then push on to win 4-2 at the end of extra time. This gave us new belief as our next Premier League game was home to West Ham. A 3-1 win was the least we deserved but then a cruel fixture list of Chelsea away, Liverpool at home followed by Man City away. The FA fixtures people were certainly having some fun with ours this season! 2-0 and 3-1 losses to Chelsea and Liverpool didn't help for our journey to Eastlands...but we came away with a 0-0!!! Papadopoulos had Tevez in his pocket all game long and we might've even nicked it at the end but we were over the moon with a point.

Will update at the January transfer window

Quite a good read, maybe post some screenshots up though mate.

Guide how to here

Whats a F****t fan doing reading about the mighty RAMS career!!!! hahahaha!!!!

No in all honesty what is this mr hough tactic youre on about?

---------- Post added at 02:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:28 AM ----------

how do you add screenshots??

Quite a good read, maybe post some screenshots up though mate.

Guide how to here

Thanks Max, i've tried to write this with others in mind and make this an interesting read. Hope you all carry on enjoying my career.

Well this has been a tough start to the season, i'm currently bottom of the League with 11 points, after only gaining 3 wins and 2 draws from 20 games so far. Luckily the board and fans haven't turned against me and are happy that we are trying our best, we just havn't got enough quality in the squad. I've got to try and keep us up or at least improve performances so i've brought in:

Jukka Raitala / HJK / Free transfer
Augusto Fernandez / Saint Etienne / £1M (extra £5M over 48 months)

On the plus side Miles Addison, Kyriakos Papdopoulos and Yago have been performing really well for me in the 1st half of the season. I just can't find the goals from anywhere. My top goalscorer is Iker Munian with 5 goals. Its true what they say, the difference between the top and bottom teams is the fact that the top teams put their chances away.

I just hope that I can keep the majority of this team together when we enevitably get relegated at the end of the season!!!

I'M CLOSE TO GETTING OUT THE RELEGATION ZONE!!!!!

After 26 games we're sat on 16 points in 19th place with Fulham above us on goal difference. Birmingham are the team in 17th place on 18 points. I just hope we can find a couple more wins to try and get out of the relegation battle to give the fans and the board some hope

---------- Post added at 03:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:03 PM ----------

Just beaten chelsea 1-0 at home!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Get in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

---------- Post added at 04:23 PM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 03:35 PM ----------

Wheres all my updates gone!!!!!

Database didn't save anything yesterday. Happened to a lot of people including me

haaha i wanted to be there to see the look on your face... anyway did u save them in word or anyting

haaha i wanted to be there to see the look on your face... anyway did u save them in word or anyting

No I didn't bother yesterday....f**king website!!!

---------- Post added at 04:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:39 PM ----------

Luckily i'm also running my career on SI website so i've got stuff there. I'll only do a quicky recap for now.

Well what a FANTASTIC end to the season!!!!

We ended up battling our way out of the relegation zone and managed to string together a 6 game unbeaten streak which ended the season with us in 16th place. With wins against Wolves, Aston Villa, Burnley, Middlesborough and Fulham and a draw against Sunderland in the last 7 games staved off the threat of relegation, which delighted the fans and the board.

Luckily my strikers started to put a few chances away in the end after each going through about a 13 hour dryspell in front of goal, and also my midfielders popped up with a few too,with Giles Barnes scoring possibly the most important goal of the whole season against Fulham giving us a 1-0 win and guaranteeing our survival from relegation.

I'm expecting the fan's player of the season to be Miles Addison, the boy was a ROCK all season long for me as my ball winning midfielder finishing up with 7.40 rating over 30 games and 3 goals. On the bad side of that he picked up 20 yellow cards and 1 red card making him the dirtiest player in the league this season. But at least he led the stats for tackles, being almost a whole 2 tackles a game ahead of the next player. he also came 9th in the stats for average rating and made the Premier League Select team of the season too.

I'm looking forward to the rest of the season until it's over as i'm already trying to tie down a transfer deal for Kyriakos Papadopoulos as he was outstanding in defence for me and coming 2nd in the voting for Players young player of the year behind Jack Rodwell. I've already sorted out a deal for next season for the goalkeeper Oscar Ustari from Getafe. He was somehow not being played and on the transfer list so i've managed to get him for next season for a measly £1.9M!!!

Once the end of season summary is completed then I will do a season review before taking a well earned holiday!!!

---------- Post added at 04:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:44 PM ----------

2012 / 2013 Season

Start of season expectations
You have told the board that you believe you can avoid relegation

As a result, your transfer budget for the season has been set at £27M and your wage budget at £275k p/w.

Pre-season update

I think i've just gone and done the ONE thing I said I wouldn't go and do, and that was to go and spend all my transfer budget on the new players and risk the long term safety of the club. I don' know why I did it either, I was perfectly happy to bring in a few more quality loan signings again and keep my transfer budget for the January window if I needed it, but once the new season predictions came out and they had me finishing in 20th place again after the likes of Stoke, Hull and Sheff Utd got promoted then I was determined to prove them wrong.

I think the buys that I have made are good buys though, but the amount of money i've invested in Tomas Necid from CSKA Moscow (whisper this....£10M upfront, £15M over 48 months and £5M after 50 apps!!!!) could quite easily come back and bite me in the a**e if he doesn't come flying out of the traps!!!!

Pre-season Transfers

Picked him up for only £3M from Getafe after for some strange reason he wasn't getting any games last season. My scouts all agreed he is twice the player of Karcemarskas and Bywater so for me it was a no brainer to get him. I was the only team interested and the transfer went through within a week

Chelsea had let his contract run out and with 4 weeks left nobody was interested in giving him a contract. I nipped in and offered him a decent deal with squad rotation and he quickly signed for me. Worth £2.9M straightaway and will hopefully go on to good things for us.

I just had to bring this guy back to Derby after having him on loan for the previous season. He was just immense in the back four and has really brought the best out of my other centre back. £5M upfront with £4.5M over 48 months.

Now this is the deal that will either make this season an absolutely brilliant season or it has just cost me my job and Derby's long term financial future. All of my scouts agreed that he would be a fantastic buy and I got carried away and in the end he ended up costing me £10M upfront, £15M over 48 months with £5M after 50 apps. I just hope to god this works out.

After Yago left once his loan deal was up then I wanted to add a bit of quality for the attacking side of the midfield. So the fact he can play on the left, right or centre was what made me take him on loan for the season.

I couldn't believe my luck that I was able to sign him for just £2.5M from FC Twente! I've bought him in other games and he's cost me £20M+. He had fallen out with Steve "Brollyman" McClaren and was transfer listed. I slapped in a cheeky £2.5M bid and couldn't believe it was accepted and that he signed for me!

I brought this guy in to give me a bit more cover up front as Chris Porter as a back-up striker isn't going to keep me in the Premier League so I took him on loan for the season. 43 goals in 48 games for CSKA Moscow made me interested!

I was happy with my squad and wasn't going to add any more players when all my creative players in midfield got injured so I was going to get a short-term loan signing in. Then i saw him going for just £2.1M and my scouts said that he would be a good signing so I nipped in and signed him.

Transfers out

Jake Buxton, Henrik Ojamaa, Lee Croft, Arnaud Mendy, Dean Moxey, Jay McEveley, Andreu Fontas, Roberto, Mitchell Hanson, Randy Wolters and Stephen Pearson put a total of £7M back into the clubs funds and got me some more room on the wages budget

Pre-season friendlies

Rochdale v Derby​
View attachment 52940
A good 1st run-out of the season for the team and chance for me to the new signings in action​

Derby v Lyon​
View attachment 52941
An expected defeat if being honest but we put in a decent performance against a european giant.​

Hartlepool v Derby​
View attachment 52942
An easy win over the 'monkey-hangers'. Geoff won't have been happy on Gillette Soccer Saturday or Countdown after the way we played them off the park!​

Derby v Sampdoria​
View attachment 52943
They're not the team they once was, but was still a good performance over a well put together italian side.​

Derby v Mallorca​
View attachment 52944
We played well against another good foreign team, don't know what my assistant manager was doing getting me friendlies against Lyon, Sampdoria and Mallorca. Must have spent the summer travelling Europe with the wife and kids!​