Fernando Ricksen - What happens when you believe

Milleg9

Reaction score
View attachment 236018

2 years of battling today has seen former Holland International Fernando Ricksen beat his life threatening Motor Neurone Disease. Like many of his midfield battles a terminal illness was not good enough to beat Fernardo Ricksen and it is that quality that made many clubs pay attention to the desire and passion this man lives his life with.

The Midfield General who enjoyed his playing career with Fortuna Sittard , Az Alkmaar , Rangers , Zenit and then ending his career with his boyhood club Fortuna

[video=youtube;vQQjGfAcKbA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vQQjGfAcKbA[/video]

"I enjoyed winning the Europa League , The European Super Cup , The treble with Rangers and the first division title with Fortuna , But nothing will beat today....Beating death itself with my own will and desire there is no greater accomplishment"

"I want to thank everyone that has stood beside me and supported me through the worst time of my life - It is my friends / Family and the fans of clubs all around the world that have given me the courage to stand up and show that this horrible disease can be beaten."

View attachment 236017

"Football is in my blood and I could not leave this life without going back to my first love, I would not be the man I am now without all the tackles and challenges I have been through and Motor Neurone was no different"

"My aim is to get back into football somehow and show that any challenge can be overcome no matter how big the challenge may be"