Fifa 12 Freekicks & Corner Routines

Average Joe

Reaction score
Wondering if anyone has actually made freekick or corner set up routines? Just started a new club with my mate and as there is just the 2 of us and AI as ANY we're thinking of trying the set piece creator out. Anybody made any decent ones or fancy giving me a few tips!?

Love and kindness and sexual favours available, cheers....

Joe (K)

Start all your players at the back post (for corners), then make 2 of them run to the near post (probably your CB's), and then ping the corner in at the near post. Normally the defenders will be slow to run with the CB's, so you have a good chance of having a free header with either player.

Unsure on free kicks, we normally just shoot. :p

Corner: All you need to do is get your mate to run right around the back of the box and then straight towards you, past the keeper. When he about reaches the keeper, double tap X and hold up on the analogue stick, if you get it spot on, your mate (or you) will be able to do a nice overhead kick or header at goal. Works a charm! Me and my uncle do it all the time and we're a 5 star team (well, we were, until I joined a better team)

Cheers lads! Yeah Dunc we usually do the front post thing but we've not changed anymovement of player in the editor thing yet so will try that!

Nice one Ben, what effect does holding the stick up do?

Yes, you need to press up on the stick! Makes it dip (top spin), I always do it with all my corners, even without custom corners.

I sometimes use a floated corner (press down on the stick) to a man who is on around the edge of the box, then flick it on to either near or fast post depending on which is more open and if the keeper has come out, either way if this works you're left with a decent heading opportunity. If you do this early on it will also deter the opponent from bringing the keeper out, so throw in a couple of corners near-ish the keeper to keep him on his toes ;)

Or when you play me, float it to the edge of the area and head over my keeper who is charging out :(

Yes, you need to press up on the stick! Makes it dip (top spin), I always do it with all my corners, even without custom corners.

I never knew that about corners, interesting!

Ended up doing this a bunch of times....

[video=youtube;pEscS1mZi5c]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pEscS1mZi5c[/video]

And scored a whopping 0!!

Ended up doing this a bunch of times....

[video=youtube;pEscS1mZi5c]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pEscS1mZi5c[/video]

And scored a whopping 0!!

Yeah, that tactic scores so many goals that the creator of the video used footage of the same one over and over again. -_-

Yeah, that tactic scores so many goals that the creator of the video used footage of the same one over and over again. -_-

It's quite obviously meant to be a joke though.... ;)

Pro keepers **** me off, lost to a team the other night as they had 1 shot and we had around 15 on target but the keeper was ridiculous! couldnt even get a sweaty goal against him!

Anyone on here a keeper? could do with a good one ;)

Our club doesn't play vs Clubs that have keepers, because they are so OP.

I find curling it with the outside of the foot and pushing up on the analog works best. Far post tends to be more rewarding for me. I score plenty of goals online with this method. Most likely to people being noobs at defending though.