jack_widnell

Reaction score
This is one thing I've been so keen to have in the game - I'm usually keen to get clubs I manage to making a profit and I'm very strict with how I spend wages and transfer budget.... Will Financial Fair Play rules be incorporated into FM12?

think it could be hard to incorporate imo but would be quality if was.

its a good idea, but might be hard to setup in the game.

The problem with incorporating financial fair play in the game is that no one actually knows how it's going to work IRL, it's easy for FIFA to say you can only spend what you earn but we all know that that is wishful thinking. If SI were to incorporate financial fair play in 12 it would be a lot of guesswork and come 2013 may be way of the mark compared to real life. I think their best option is to wait until the rule has been in play for a year and then incorporate it realistically.

it relatively easy to under stand the FFP. dont spend more than what u earn.

A good question actually, I don't think they've released any information regarding this feature in the game. I play the same way as you, always careful with my finances, I'd like to get rewarded for that but whether they are able to incorporate it into the game or not... I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

A step in the right direction would be to actually place teams in debt. Instead of starting Man Utd out with a bazillion in the bank they should also have high loan repayments or something similar.

It has always bothered me that big teams are big, no matter how delicate their financial position is in real life.

So FFP wouldnbe interesting but hard to implement. Let them try getting a proper financial picture on clubs first.

if it's going to be in any it will be FM 13 surely?

I don't see why it wouldn't be in FM 12. If the rules have been decided in real life then I am sure Sports Interactive will of added it to the game.

I don't see why it wouldn't be in FM 12. If the rules have been decided in real life then I am sure Sports Interactive will of added it to the game.

I thought the rule didn't come into play until next season?

I thought the rule didn't come into play until next season?

If that's so then the rule will only come into play in the second season on FM 2012 :D

The only reason I can see them not implementing it is if the 'rules' haven't been fully laid out yet.

A step in the right direction would be to actually place teams in debt. Instead of starting Man Utd out with a bazillion in the bank they should also have high loan repayments or something similar.

It has always bothered me that big teams are big, no matter how delicate their financial position is in real life.

So FFP wouldnbe interesting but hard to implement. Let them try getting a proper financial picture on clubs first.

Except United's loan payments are well implemented in the game...

Think there would have to be an option to turn it on and off. Some players may not know what it is and not understand why they are unable to buy players which would lead to people getting ****** off at the game. Either that or a tutorial for it but most people probably ignore the in-game tutorials

Think there would have to be an option to turn it on and off. Some players may not know what it is and not understand why they are unable to buy players which would lead to people getting ****** off at the game. Either that or a tutorial for it but most people probably ignore the in-game tutorials

Big question on whether the AI will be smart enough to try and comply with it

Big question on whether the AI will be smart enough to try and comply with it

ye that's another good point actually. There would be so many bugs at first to do with it would be insane. Would be difficult to implement into the game but I don't see that stopping SI ;)

ye that's another good point actually. There would be so many bugs at first to do with it would be insane. Would be difficult to implement into the game but I don't see that stopping SI ;)

lol harsh. in fairness bug count is lower than its ever been

It only affects UEFA competitions, so i don't see why there should be an option if they put it in.

lol harsh. in fairness bug count is lower than its ever been

But lets be honest this would be one of the biggest challenges they will have had about putting a feature in a game. I would say I am being more realistic than harsh ;) They would hopefully solve most of them by the first patch anyway :)

i don't know why but i could see it being introduced/ activated in a patch so they have time to see how it actually effects real life compared to the proposal.