First there was football-but now, there's super diski

What do you think of South African football

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Wezkat

Reaction score
Hello all.

I am going to start a story on the biggest club in South Africa, Kaizer Chiefs. Here We go:

KAIZER CHIEFS

View attachment 56810

HISTORY
Founded:1970
Nicknames:Amakhosi (Zulu for Chief)
Stadium:Loftus (51 762 all seater)
Rivals: Orlando Pirates, Supersport United
Colours: Yellow, Black

View attachment 56811
Loftus Stadium

KEY PLAYERS
Simphiwe Tshabalala
View attachment 56813
José Torrealba
View attachment 56814
Jimmy Tau
View attachment 56815

Now a bit about the PSL. It is the premier division of football in South Africa and one of the best quality football in Africa. It has been dominated by Kaizer Chiefs, Orlando Pirates and Mamelodi Sundowns but teams like Ajax Cape Town, Supersport United and Santos have been at their tales. The quality of the PSL has improved year over year.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tb6VWDM2Lbw
View attachment 56820

Nice mate :) Good luck.

I have just put in a couple of updates if you fancy a look

Nice to see another league being played, I'll try to follow this. Good Luck :)

Nice to see people moving away from the epl and it's a great idea using a club from your native country! To bad Bangladesh league's ain't in FM10 they wud be **** anyway lol

Nice to see another league being played, I'll try to follow this. Good Luck :)

cheers.

It is after all, the host nation of the World cup so we need to advertise the league ^^)

---------- Post added at 12:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:31 AM ----------

Nice to see people moving away from the epl and it's a great idea using a club from your native country! To bad Bangladesh league's ain't in FM10 they wud be **** anyway lol

Haha Bangladesh are rubbish at football, not bad at cricket though....

It's not my native country, just the country i'm living in^^)

Sounds interesting, and i'll try to follow.

I remember the good old days of FM07 where names like Nengomashe, Musasa and Ngwenya would rip
the english lower league into pieces<3 Btw. Tshabalala is great, especially in real life.

18 JULY
SUNDAY TIMES

KAIZER CHIEFS HIRE NEW MAN

Today, Kaizer Chiefs boss, Kaizer Mutaung, has officially released a statement that former coach Vladimir Vermezović's contract has been mutually terminated and replaced by football newcomer, Wes Schroeder. Speaking to SABC, Schroeder said that he is delighted to be at Kaizer Chiefs and hopes to set an example to the world and put Chiefs on the World map.

A nice warm welcoming to the Club and here is the team report
View attachment 56835
Generally a good team and definately a team worth winning, however, I am looking to buy a few Bafana stars such as Teko Modise.

The minimum expectation is to win- nothing else will do.

Good luck dude.

Nice story dude,always had a soft spot for the Kaizer Chiefs as I learnt about them when Man United kept beating them in the pre-season every time they went to South Africa XD

Good luck with this though ;)

haha. yeah manchester united and spurs kept sending their reserve team and they used to win 4-0 but chiefs beat them once on pens. manchester city's full squad lost to chiefs last year

---------- Post added at 01:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:23 AM ----------

NEWS UPDATE
Having a tough time signing new players for these reasons
1: I am only allowed 5 non-South African players in my squad:(
2: Players from oversea's look to the PSL as a downstep in their career:O
3: The other PSL players that I can buy literally suck compared to mine:S
4: I only have a budget of 631K and 11K wagesoO)

Pre-Season Fixtures

FRENDLY CUP - LOFTUS

Kaizer Chiefs 2-0 Chiapas (MEX)
Zwane, Molekwane (att: 13 279)

Orlando Pirates 0-2 Tottenham (ENG)
Corluka, Defoe (att: 5 509)

FINAL
Kaizer Chiefs 1-2 Tottenham (ENG)
Torrealba (Musona Injured) - Crouch, Defoe (att: 22 701)

Good performance against Chiapas which shows that we can play on an international scale. Tottenham was always going to be hard and a 2-1 result was quite good IMO. Young Musona's injury is quite a worry.

Friendlies
Kaizer Chiefs 0-2 Blackburn (ENG) (Ewood Park)
Kaizer Chiefs 1-2 Wolves (ENG) (att: 13 482)
Mutaung Jnr.
VODACOM CHALLENGE
View attachment 56975
Kaizer Chiefs 0-0 (3-4pen) Palermo (ITA)
(att: 36 829)
Orlando Pirates 4-1 Standard Liége (BEL)
(att: 9 267)

FINAL
Orlando Pirates 0-4 Parlemo
(att: 44 383)

The annual Vodacom Challenge came apon us and this time two different Euro teams came here. Parlemo are quite a tough team in the Serie A and a 0-0 result was excellent, but losing on pens sucks! Orlando Pirates shocked Standard by winning but then Italian dominance came to play as they were killed 4-0

Friendlies
Kaizer Chiefs 3-0 FCAK (Eldorado Park)
Nhleko, Torrealba, Ntuka

Overall the pre-season was a tough one. I organised these European teams to prove that a PSL team can match the quality of a top premier league or Serie A side and we did. We could easily have won the Vodacom challenge if it wasn't for penalties.

Top Scorers for the Pre-season

Torrealba 2
Nhleko, Ntuka, Mutaung Jnr, Zwane, Molekwane 1

Player of the Pre-season
José Torrealba
View attachment 56981

Last edited:
I like Kaizer Chiefs so I'll follow

Last edited:
Good luck with this, I'll try to follow. Three things came to mind watching the video:

One: the defenders really could try harder, but then there will be lot less to watch.
Two: too bad FM doesn't allow you to play in the same style, won't get you to the top but would be really great to play like this in the lower leagues.
Three: SI should really add more different goal celebrations to the game.:D

Good luck with this, I'll try to follow. Three things came to mind watching the video:

One: the defenders really could try harder, but then there will be lot less to watch.
Two: too bad FM doesn't allow you to play in the same style, won't get you to the top but would be really great to play like this in the lower leagues.
Three: SI should really add more different goal celebrations to the game.:D

The video is Brilliant imo. Defending in the PSL is generally shocking and so is the one-on-one striking, but South Africans are so skillful and the celebrations are cool. The fans are weirdly funny! Notice the men eating watermelons

Sunday 3/08/09
View attachment 57316

PSL SEASON KICKS OFF

Super Diski fever has hit South Africa as the season will kick off on Wednesday. 2 matches are lined up for the weekday while the rest are for the weekend. In the opener, the Brazilians will face Platinum Stars while fan favoured Amakhosi will play at home to KZN outfit, AmaZulu.

TRANSFERS
IN
Happy Jele - Orlando Pirates 35K
View attachment 57328
Oscar Ntagwae - Platinum Stars 45K
View attachment 57317

MATCH 1 PSL vs AmaZulu
View attachment 57318
We started the season off with a win and a good crowd. Would have liked to have scored more since they got their red card and we were all over them.

CAF CONFEDERATIONS CUP GROUP BView attachment 57321
We were pitted in the CAF Confed Cup (UEFA Champions league equivalent) against:
Esperance (TUN)View attachment 57323
OC Khouribga (MOR)View attachment 57324
Raja Casablanca (MOR)View attachment 57325

MATCH 1 CCC vs OC Khouribga
View attachment 57327
Dead match in truth with very odd fans throwing green fire crackers at the field. Africa is a tough place to be.

TELKOM CHARITY CUP SEMI-FINALView attachment 57329
vs Supersport United
View attachment 57332
The first ever match at the newly built 90 000 soccer city stadium and it was the rivalry between Supersport and Chiefs. It was a brilliant match that eventually led to penalties where we were the luckier of the two teams. We are hoping that Soccer City will become our new home ground as 88 000 fans packed into this magnificent stadium. Finals here we come.
View attachment 57333

Last edited: