FM 2009 Announcement

yeah exactly i dont have that many quarms with the actual game itself and its one of my favourite things ever, it could just be so much better. fix the old stuff before adding new fads just so you can put it on the front cover to flog a few to no0bs while not addressing the main things real fans want

Very good points made by everyone and being totally truthfull do we need more upgrates on things like media etc i think the game is fine the way it is just concentrate on fixing the things wrong with the game before adding more **** thats fun for 4 weeks then gets boring

How to contradict yourself in one sentence...wait is that a sentence???

Sean, Ters prob the best at SI in terms of communication, hes a regular poster on the forums

aye show them this thread

If you look at that thread thats the problem, they arent addressing the obvious concerns we've mentioned on this thread and that have been brought up thousands of times on SI's own boards.

khizanashvilli just scored a screamer past me for his first goal in 5 years. always nice

Ah got another gripe

Chairman selling your players. Fair enough if a ridicolous offer comes in but it never does. My chairman sold my best player for 3.8m in january when i was 2nd in l1 competeing which is stupid, keep him and almost garunteed promotion, sell and its much harder. He was worldclass as well, moved to Milan the next season for 12m, then onto Roma for 20 odd

I've heard that they're removing the arrows from tactics because they make it too easy to confuse the AI and the match engine if you make a tactic with loads of stupid arrows :|

This comes straight from FML, and the amount of people who moaned because they were getting beaten because they were **** tacticians. Yea some people were playing really weird formations which were confusing the ME - but instead of SI syaing 'OK we need to fix this to make daft formations non-functional', they took the easy route and took the arrows out.

To be honest the whole issue turned me off FML, and even after I quit I soon dropped 08 as well. It seems (as has been mentioned) SI don't want to listen to their long serving customers and take 'their way' of fixing things much more seriously. But it's the lazy way. They can remove the arrows all they like but you'll still get teams overloading attack in the last ten minutes and pulling those 2 goals back. It happened in FML all the time.

They shot themselves in the foot with FML, as it showed up just how bad the ME actually is, and they don't kow how to fix it.

To be honest the whole issue turned me off FML

Yup that was one of the main reasons why I never got back into FML. Tactics without arrows are quite simply, boring and useless. It's far too limiting it's ridiculous not being able to say to your players run here etc..

it would be killing one of the longest running additions to the game, as far as i can remember you could make runs with players

Yeh at least since CM2. I've never played CM1 so I don't know about that one. Unless they place arrows with more flexible player instructions then I think it will be a massive loss to the game.

This comes straight from FML, and the amount of people who moaned because they were getting beaten because they were **** tacticians. Yea some people were playing really weird formations which were confusing the ME - but instead of SI syaing 'OK we need to fix this to make daft formations non-functional', they took the easy route and took the arrows out.

To be honest the whole issue turned me off FML, and even after I quit I soon dropped 08 as well. It seems (as has been mentioned) SI don't want to listen to their long serving customers and take 'their way' of fixing things much more seriously. But it's the lazy way. They can remove the arrows all they like but you'll still get teams overloading attack in the last ten minutes and pulling those 2 goals back. It happened in FML all the time.

They shot themselves in the foot with FML, as it showed up just how bad the ME actually is, and they don't kow how to fix it.

I think its become much harder to create a successful tactic on the latest version, especially at lower league....maybe its just me as I write this as my Port Vale team that lost in the playoff final in the first season is now gettin trounced every game; but I do think its become harder and as someone said despite having much superior players a detailed tactic is still more often than not required.

No idea but I have put together a crappy holder page on FM-Base which can be seen by going to http://www.fm-base.co.uk

I'll update it with the info when it gets released :)

Holder page...so your making a proper page?

If Becky lets him. :cool:

P.S thanks for the rock Becky.

poor becky lol

nice page sean how long did that take:p

Assuming Che Guevera is taken to represent Revolution, then simply google "Revolution3D". It would seem that Revolution are a company involved in 3D graphics. No great mystery - everyone kept referring to "Revolution" and "3D" - I just added them together and googled them! Mystery solved?

I hope this isn't true, I can't see SI making a good attempt at 3d pitch tbh.

poor becky lol

nice page sean how long did that take:p

About 20 minutes surprisingly lol :D

I hope this isn't true, I can't see SI making a good attempt at 3d pitch tbh.

I think if they take the idea of CM 2008 when it comes to pitch they could make a good one as the CM 2008 pitch is in 3D but it still uses little stick men etc..

943098_20071217_screen005.jpg

to be fair ive never fancied 3D but that doesnt look too bad, even though cm womps.

it may make you able to see some of those dodgy decisions properly and see some classic goals! but it has to be done properly and i can imagine as its the first time it will be full of ****** bugs which is often the case

to be fair ive never fancied 3D but that doesnt look too bad, even though cm womps.

it may make you able to see some of those dodgy decisions properly and see some classic goals! but it has to be done properly and i can imagine as its the first time it will be full of ****** bugs which is often the case

Yeh I think it's been done quite well on CM as you can see players jumping, sliding and sprinting etc..

Anything is better than watching flat discs chassing a little ball around.