FM23 NewGan faces: Created good config, but faces not loading in game

augusts99

Reaction score
So I downloaded the newest NewGan version (v1.3.1) from https://github.com/Maradonna90/NewGAN-Manager/releases/tag/v1.3.1.

I then downloaded the big FMNEWGANv2.zip face pack. I extracted it in my "graphics/faces" folder.

Then I created the RTF file by using the 'SCRIPT FACES player search', did succesfully ctrl+a and printed as text file:
rtf_example.PNG

It contains way more players of course, just a small example here.

Then I created, using NewGan version v1.3.1 the config:
config_example.PNG

This config is placed in my "graphics/faces/FMNEWGANv2 + Update 1" folder (next to the faces).

Then I go to my game, I clear cache, untick 'use caching to decrease page loading times' and I reload skin.

No faces load... I keep having the same regen faces (or silhouettes, as I turned those off).

The weird thing is that my logos and kits DO load. Those packs are located in the exact same graphics folder: "graphics/logos" and "graphics/kits" respectively. The config files of the logos and kits are also just exactly like the one from NewGan.

I have no idea what I am doing wrong. I exactly follow all these tutorials I am sure.

What should I do? Anybody else had this and solved this? Thanks in advance!

So I think I figured it out myself. The key thing here was that I started a save with 'fake players' (an option you can tick on when starting a new save). 'Mathys Roeland' here is the fake player for Kevin De Bruyne and has exact the same player ID. I think here it starts to go wrong. My config and photos are totally ok, it is the fact that in game this ID belongs to Kevin De Bruyne, and not the fake player the game generated for him.

This is also the reason why I think my logos and kits do still work, as those are still for the actual clubs (who have not been faked). I started a new save in which I load the actual player database (so 'generated players' option ticked off) and now the facepacks do load!

For anyone that has the same problem, and started a save with generated players, perhaps that when actual newgens are generated in game (so actual new youth players that are no copies from real players) the face pack will work.

For me it still doesnt work, did all the same steps you did and did not started the data-base with fake players. I cant seem to get it working in 2023. Very frustrating.

So I think I figured it out myself. The key thing here was that I started a save with 'fake players' (an option you can tick on when starting a new save). 'Mathys Roeland' here is the fake player for Kevin De Bruyne and has exact the same player ID. I think here it starts to go wrong. My config and photos are totally ok, it is the fact that in game this ID belongs to Kevin De Bruyne, and not the fake player the game generated for him.

This is also the reason why I think my logos and kits do still work, as those are still for the actual clubs (who have not been faked). I started a new save in which I load the actual player database (so 'generated players' option ticked off) and now the facepacks do load!

For anyone that has the same problem, and started a save with generated players, perhaps that when actual newgens are generated in game (so actual new youth players that are no copies from real players) the face pack will work.

The problem I have is that everybody is in mijn list exept my own players.....

Well everybody has a face now except my own regens haha, how to fix that?

Well everybody has a face now except my own regens haha, how to fix that?

In the scouting page, or the player search view (when you print screen all the players), there is an option to 'exclude own players' (in the filter search part, with the attributes). It is by default ticked as you don't want to scout your own players. But for this you want to untick it. If you have them included you can print screen the players, save as RTF and run NewGan again.