This is awesome database as I ever tried myself to create it by editor for the old version FM but I really would like to get a lot more number of legends in the database.

As I was referenced in the thread “Modern Legend Database 2012” thread, I’d like to introduce the new version of the works “World Football Historic Center” http://xtrahistory.blogspot.com, primarily shows top 50 best players ever.

Last edited:
Check in the Documents whether you have 2 folders Sports Interactive. If you have, try to copy all files to that another folder (Football Legends_7B6F59BE-1BA0-499E-8A4C-FB5E9CD47FAA.fmf file to Sports interactive/FM 15/editor data/, and the Legends folder with facepack to Sports interactive/FM 15/graphics/facepacks/ )
Then start a new game with default database and choose Football legends filein the editor data menu.It must work.

This is the best database i have found on FM15, Top work mate! and from a selfish point of view amazing work on the Balkan leagues Serbia/Bosnia/Croatia etc so many players created, Loving it

Thanks! I'm from Serbia, born in ex Yugoslavia so I wanted finally to made a database with all yugoslav football legends with world legends ofc. I'm pleased with this work, and gonna to make a much better version for FM16 with legends from smaller countries like Greece, Bulgaria, Austria, Switzerland, Norway, and also much legends from lower yugoslav clubs such Buducnost, Vardar, Osijek, Celik...

Hey, Thanks a lot for this patch! It's been an amazing journey with my arsenal team.

I have a few questions though -
How long did you work on it?
Why did you choose to create everyone at the age of 17-18?

I'm looking forward for 16, and trying to create one myself! care to take part in the development of it?
thanks a lot again!

*I've seen you said you want to create one for 16 as well! do you need any help? If it's possible to adjust ages and to create them as homegrown (when needed) it would be great too! I'd love to help and make this amazing work even better.

Cheers

Thank you very much, I gave my best to do this as a better possible. I have worked about 40 days on this project, so the next work for FM16 will be easier and better than this. For a long time i have considered how to set a birth year for all of them. So, my criterion was , one decade - one year. Those who are born in: 70s (1997), 60s (1996), 50s (1995), 40s (1994)... It provides a chance to play a save game over ten years. Now I consider another criterion for FM16. Maybe is better to create a player in that age when he start playing in that club (Puskas joined Real at 31., Zidane to Real at 29, Ronaldinho to Barca at 23, maradona to Napoli at 24...) That older players will be at full potential, snd for younger players difference between CA and PA will be from 10 to 50... Youngest players will be home grown players like Giggs, Maldini, Puyol, Raul, and they will have 18 years and CA-PA difference around 50, so they can develope through few years. What do you think, is it better way to set ages? :)

Thank you very much, I gave my best to do this as a better possible. I have worked about 40 days on this project, so the next work for FM16 will be easier and better than this. For a long time i have considered how to set a birth year for all of them. So, my criterion was , one decade - one year. Those who are born in: 70s (1997), 60s (1996), 50s (1995), 40s (1994)... It provides a chance to play a save game over ten years. Now I consider another criterion for FM16. Maybe is better to create a player in that age when he start playing in that club (Puskas joined Real at 31., Zidane to Real at 29, Ronaldinho to Barca at 23, maradona to Napoli at 24...) That older players will be at full potential, snd for younger players difference between CA and PA will be from 10 to 50... Youngest players will be home grown players like Giggs, Maldini, Puyol, Raul, and they will have 18 years and CA-PA difference around 50, so they can develope through few years. What do you think, is it better way to set ages? :)
I always thought you should create clubs and not players.

You cant have both george best AND ryan giggs at their prime. Either create Giggs at his prime (age 24-27), and best as a youth (15-16), or the opposite. you create clubs and not players. Another example - create the 195x real madrid -
http://footballsgreatest.weebly.com/uploads/4/9/9/8/4998002/4867044.jpg?370
at their age they were in those days, and create Real's HG (Raul, Guti, Casillas etc) as youth. I dislike the fact you can play both at their prime - not meant to be. You can choose to create the Galacticos with Figo, Becks, Ronaldo, Zidane etc, and create Di-Stefano at River and not as real youth. In my line of thought you need to create in proportion.

Hey David,
Awesome database, really great job. Love how you put attributes on every player u made and actually made a facepack. I would love if you would check out the legends database I made. Here's a link for it: V3.7_D1DD3F31-C8AF-4B79-B332-F62A715587A3

I've uploaded it on Steams workshop aswell, but no where else. Here you can see what teams i've done so far: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1FR0wiNr2BmH9E4YnJmcDIn6GFzF29G8Pts8tVXP0s0A/edit?usp=sharing

I've tried to focus on getting the value right on every player which is extremely hard btw. Maybe we could work on a database together when FM 2016 is out.

Oh I wanna try this with all these legends it should be FM hard mode since there is too many good players, but the thing I wanna do the most is Caniggia, Maradona and Mutu, I wanna get all three snort brothers in mine squad, and now its possible woohoo and if I add Vinnie Jones and Best to them, maybe Higuaita and Luis Suarez, Materrazzi for insulting in the back, Romario for tough matches to "soften" the judges, Cantona to dropkick everyone, Mihajlovic to spit on people, Terry to satisfy their wife demands and maybe Di cannio, I can finally make dirty controversial squad lol and best place for this deep southern Italy in the town of Naples....

Now imagine that squad, imagine them playing a single match with less than 15 fauls, or a match without a card, or 10 matches without someone getting banned or doing some stupid move...
On the safe side I do not want to promote that sort of behaviour I personally hate it, but when manager gets too easy you can always set a challenge for yourself, right? :D

absolutely loved this database for fm15, any chance you can do a fm16 version please

First of all I just want to let people know that the maker of this mod has created a new for for 2016, so everyone who liked this look out for it.

i would like know how many people still play fm15 and how many would actually download an updated version of this? I've used this mod and I've made a lot of chages to it, because I'm still using 15. I have done it for myself as I enjoy hear kind of databases but if there is enough interest I will look at making it available when it's ready but currently I have started

- deleting players who didn't play from 90's onwards
- changing players ages to fit with the era they played (eg martial, Barkley will be 14/15, Messi, Ronaldo 17/18, beckham, scholes 22/23, Zidane 25, Zola 28, Mattheus, maradona 30 ish
- changed the World Cup and qulieifer format, so the World Cup happens every year (I may changed this to every 2 years depending on how the test goes
- changing CA and PA to make players less overpowered but still trying to reflect the players as they were at that age
- changed players to play for the clubs they are better known for eg sol Campbell at Arsenal (due to success) Ashley Cole at Chelsea,
however I will go through and where teams have too many players (eg man united, Real Madrid I will look at putting players who were as well known at other clubs, so you will find Owen and mcmanaman at Liverpool and if Man U have too many strikers I may put the likes of Sheringham at Tottenham, and Yorke at villa, maradona at Napoli etc
- I have also played about with pictures and kits and have done a couple, so depending on how long it takes me to finish the database I may edit pictures of kits and players so they are clearer and have no background.

other changes I am looking at making

- adding more legends, especially from the premiership the more I edit, the more I'm finding people are already in game, but I would be looking to make teams full of their own legends, and add people such as bowyer, woodgate, to Leeds and the likes of di Canio etc
- I am looking at possibly adding loans for certain players to keep squad balance, eg vidic for example is early 20's in game at Man U, he isn't near his CA and will not get a look in with ferdinand, Stam, Bruce (at his peak) so I would possibly put vidic on loan at his old club for the first season or two, so he is used at that club and progresses. This may also work for the striker situation mentioned earlier.
- I will also look at adding preferred teams to play for eg Henry will be at Arsenal but he would have wants to play for Barcelona, hopefully this will help keep players to move between clubs they actually played for as much as possible.
- adding managers. I haven't looked at managers much yet but I will be hoping to put managers around early 40's in age, and try to put them close to their prime, as well as replicate their style. I will also add each clubs most successful manager of the 90's onwards.

to be honest it started of as me thinking I'll download the database and change a few players, but it's not taking me as long as I thought.

Folder with pictures move to the Documents / Sports Interactive / Football Manager 15 / graphics / Facepacks /

"Football Legends (followed by loads of numbers and letters)" file move to the Documents / Sports Interactive / Football Manager 15 / editor data /

Start a new career game.
A little pop-up window will come up that says there is X enabled editor files. Select "Custom" from the editor data drop down menu and choose the Football Legends and it will be load in your new save.

Ive cant find the facepacks file. Any idea on what I can do?

i just want to say a huge thankyou for creating this database. i played championship manager since cm02 and what you have done here is created all the players i loved since then. so thankyou for all the hard work and time you put into this.