Football Manager 2012 : Liverpool Thread

Danny

Premium
Reaction score
After seeing the Arsenal version of this, I thought I'd follow suit and create a Liverpool version, hopefully it'll help crackdown the amount of pointless threads.

180px-Liverpool_FC.svg.png

Not sure who to buy/sell whilst you're managing Liverpool?

Unsure which tactic will be the best to play?

Are you wanting to show of your squad? (Please use screenshots)

Have you managed to end the long run without a league title?

Are you wanting help regarding anything Liverpool related?

Do you want a screenshot of a Liverpool players years into the game?

Then feel free to post in here, with the amount of Liverpool supporters in here, it won't take long to get a reply

YNWA

Great idea. Definitely gonna help keeping the forum clean of threads full of questions who can be answered in one sentence :)

Tis a nice idea for a thread.
Will be sure to consult this thread if I ever need help.
If anybody makes a full cut out facepack for the team it might be nice to add a link to the op?

Once the game is out, and Facepacks/Skins/Logo's etc do come out, everything Liverpool related will be in the OP.

Don't have a question or anything but I thought I would share my experience of Liverpool in the demo so far. Decided to use Liverpool as my team to test the demo and it's going okay. My only defeat in opening 8 games was 3-0 to Wigan of all people. Awful result I know but in my defence they have also beaten United 3-0 and City. :S Also drew with United 1-1 and the rest are wins.

Only signed one player- Tshabalala- for backup and versatility. Also trying to give some youngsters time such as Shelvey, Flanagon, etc. In terms of tactics I'm using 4-4-2/ 4-2-3-1

------------Reina------------
Johnson-Agger-Skrtel-Enrique
--------Lucas--Adam---------
Kuyt------Gerrard-----Downing
----------Suarez--------------

As expected Gerrard and Suarez are working very well together. Agger is putting in some good performances as a ball playing defender. However the wide players have been average so far, especially downing- if I can get that right we will have a good chance of mounting a title challenge.

thats probably our best formation, but i think that im gonna try to replace lucas and buy some1 else instead as Las Diarra, depends of price :)

And keep Aquilani ofc and make some more offensive mid with stevie/him and adam :)

Sold Maxi and Fabio Aurelio and loaned out Jay Spearing and Danny Wilson for some extra cash. Used the funds to pick up:

Christian Eriksen -- £9M, £35,500/wk -- Great young player. I'll probably sell Adam next year, so I'll have Eriksen and Henderson ready to take over when Gerrard retires.
Sime Vrsaljko -- £800K, £13,250/wk -- Another great young player. A better rotation option for Glen Johnson than Martin Kelly, who I'm using in his more natural central defender role. Also versatile enough to play defensive mid.
Ola John -- Free loan, £2,400/wk, Option to buy for £2.8M -- Lots of upside for this pacy winger, gonna see how he performs and might pick him up for cheap at the end of the season.

Here's my starting XI:

----------------Reina
-----------------
-Johnson---Carragher--Agger---Enrique-
----------Lucas-----------------------
-------------------Eriksen------------
----Gerrard-------------------Downing-
------------Carroll--Suarez-----------

Bench: Doni, Bellamy, Kuyt, Vrsaljko, Coates, Skrtel, Adam

I've got the squad playing fluid possession football and I'm doing pretty well, despite injuries to Agger and Downing. Heartbreaking loss 1-0 at Anfield to United, but got it back in a 1-0 win at White Hart Lane.

I have mainly been using the demo to find my way around the new FM and I am really enjoying it. I have been using Liverpool but I will be starting a new save when the full version comes out.

I have already decided what team and tactic I will be using and its as follows:

GK: Reina
RB: Johnson
LB: Enrique
RCB: Carragher
LCB: Agger
DCM: Lucas
RCM: Gerrard
LCM: Adam
RW: Suarez
LW: Downing
ST: Carroll

Subs: Doni, Skrtel, Coates, Henderson, Kuyt, Bellamy, Maxi

I'll be trying to offload a couple of the youngsters on loan deals (Suso, Sterling, Flanagan, Wilson, Wisdom & Coady). I will also be attempting to sell Jones, Maxi & Aurelio and possibly bring in a winger and a striker to replace them with the cash I generate. Apart from these changes I think the squad Liverpool have is really competitive without being too overcrowded. Could probably do with a couple of superstars over a few years but this squad should definitley give me the capabilities to get back into the top 4 which will be my aim for the first season.
Players not mentioned above are Kelly and Robinson and these 2 will get games but are mainly in the squad for back up. A few injuries may leave me down to the bare bones but I think the Red Men are generally covered in all areas apart from another winger and possibly a good young striker.

my team 451 got can dmc and lombombe amrlc st form genk for the furture for 750 k a player

I got a 5-5 draw with utd in the demo as liverpool! what a game that was.

I think our biggest challenge in the first season this time is to work with what we have, rather than having 20 or 30 mil to bring in who we like. A big question I have is related to Andy Caroll. I'm pretty sure I know what the rest of the team have to offer, but has anyone found him effective? He's a target man by the looks of it. Has anyone found him to be useful in this role? or any role for that matter? I'd hate to have to bench him and work with one striker up front because he's not exactly a like for like replacement for Suarez (who is? :p).

have anyone tried Pepe Reina as a Sweeper Goalkeeper? His stats might work well with that role and playing with a high defensive line, also the backup keepers will suit the role too.

I managed to get Ericsson and Donovan, sold Maxi and did a few monthly installments.

Donovan cost me 6Mill and scoerd more goals than Suarez that guy has got me to 2nd in the league by xmas, well worth the buy............

Oh and Swansea are top :S

From day one of getting the job, I knew exactly what, or should I say who I wanted. Edinson Cavani. Obviously with only £2m to start with, I had to sell to buy, within about a week or so of taking over, I managed to sell Brad Jones, Maxi Rodriguez and Martin Skrtel, in the process bringing in £10.5m and wiping about £100k p/w off of the wage budget. This enabled me to bring in Cavani. £2m upfront and £24m over 48 months. So my starting eleven, when fully fit is:

GK: Reina
RB: Johnson
CB: Carragher
CB: Agger
LB: Enrique

MCL: Adam
MCR: Lucas

AMR: Downing
AMC: Gerrard
AML: Suarez

ST: Cavani

Subs: Doni, Kelly, Wilson, Henderson, Shelvey, Bellamy, Carroll

I am using a 4-2-3-1 formation with 2 CM's and hopefully it all comes into place nicely, a few injury problems at the moment however with Gerrard, Carra and Shelvey out. First league game of the season coming up now. At Anfield... Against United...