Giles Barnes or James Coppinger?

Max

Reaction score
Hey, well I apoligise if there is one of these threads already, but I could only find one for FM2010, so yeah, I'm having a quick go with Leicester on Chris's V8 update so we're in the championship, and I'm looking for a right winger/midfielder, and I'm struggling to choose between Giles Barnes and James Coppinger. Barnes will cost about £2m, and Coppinger will cost about £1.1m, my scouts (Who have 19 judging ability and 19 potential ability) say Barnes is better than Coppinger, but should I go for lower ability and cheaper price, or higher ability and higher price? I've got around £1.4m left in my budget and the Barnes buy would have £400k of it upfront and the rest in monthly installments.

Cheers, Max :)

P.S: If you hadn't already figured it out this is for FM09 :)

Go for Barnes, he is a great player in the Championship.:D

Go for Barnes, he is a great player in the Championship.:D
Cheers mate :) I think I'll go for Barnes, and if I've got enough money, get Coppinger aswell because both of them can play RM/RW/CM/ACM so I think I'll use the tactic I created for Everton which is 4-3-1-2/4-3-2-1 so I could switch it about with the two of them swapping positions from ACM to RM and giving other teams a handful :) Also I'm hopefully getting Zenden on a free :p

Lol, Zenden should be decent. Hopefully you should be able to sign both of them.

Yeah hopefully :) Has anyone here ever had any experience with Martyn Waghorn? He's on loan here at Leicester from Sunderland and he looks alright, just wondering if anyone's had past experience? :)

Last edited:
Got Barnes, offered Coppinger a contract and hopefully the board will allow the transfer to happen :)

Awesome, a good player you got there.

Got Coppinger :) Didn't get Zenden though :( He went to some Dutch team, oh well, Lloyd Dyer will have to do on the left :p Also just got Tamir Cohen from Bolton for £200k xD What a steal

Last edited:
Oh well unlucky, though you got a couple of good players there.