Milleg9

Reaction score
*disclaimer*
  • This is the first tactic I have posted , been on the forum for a few years now and playing FM since well the "champy" days.
  • I have not taken any of this from any other tactic but is purely my own thoughts and design
  • I did not want to try this with Bayern , Barca , Real , PSG as any tactic will work with them
  • I will be looking for a few more testers for this result so once you see the screenshots let me know if your interested.
  • There is no corner or free kick bugs as you will see below.
View attachment 202863View attachment 202862

The "SPIDER" itself is an attacking based tactic with the aim for the players to be passing and moving creating space for each other to move into to give us the opportunity to score.

with the tactic being quite open I have set all the players to support or Automatic roles so if we lose the ball we can try to fall back into a more defensive shape and then spring into attack when we win the ball back.

View attachment 202861

TEAM SHAPE

A Balanced approach as i don't want us to be too exposed if we lose the ball but I don't want to be too narrow so we don't have enough space as the inside forwards will cut in looking for a pass and will also create the space for the wing backs to bomb on.

The high defensive line is so to give us the best chance of pressing to win the ball, However you do need centre backs and wing backs with the pace to get back if required.

BUILD UP

I want us to be a passing team with the ability to make the "killer pass" - (so you need your AP to be able to do that get them trained on that from the start.) You want the high press to have the wing backs further up the field with the inside forwards cutting in to create the space again on the pitch and if the ball does go out wide the wing backs have the IF and the striker in the box to aim for.

I also want the players to run at the defence again with the high press I do not want to wait for the defenders to get back and I want us to take the most of our opportunities.

out of 64 goals 49 have came from inside the box with the inside forward and strikers scoring the vast majority, Again it is key the strikers and IF have good finishing and I trained all of them on "Place shots"

Another Key element of the tactic for goals is the striker must be a poacher again aimed at stretching the game and being in the box when needed.

View attachment 202856

View attachment 202855
Again as you can see from the assists it does come from the flexibility in the tactic i do not want a single source for the goals and with approach we have that allows us the best opportunity to keep the opposition on there toes.

View attachment 202853Top scorers in the dutch league with some stiff opposition averaging 2.72 goals per game.

View attachment 2028497 of the top 10 players in the league coming from my team , considering I use quite a rotational system to keep the players fit consider we have a high intensity for our matches.

View attachment 202847View attachment 202842
Again as you can see we are scoring a lot against decent opposition apart from the blip at the start when the players are getting used to the formation some very impressive results ( PLAY AS MANY FRIENDLIES AS YOU CAN )

View attachment 202841
An example match where we dominated the game in almost all fields.

View attachment 202837

Another example of dominating a tough game in all area's of the field.

I would love some feedback on this tactic for what you think? any testers or anyone that would like to play this tactic.

Last edited:
Dammit I scrolled down saw the spider and punched my screen :p Joking aside looks interesting :)

Dammit I scrolled down saw the spider and punched my screen :p Joking aside looks interesting :)

Aye! You could also name it Xmas Tree. It vaguely resembles that as well. And it is in the holidy spirit we are entering. 'Tis the season to be jolly

Very good OP. Will test with Liverpool as I think the roles my suit them. Will let you know ow I get on

Brilliant! really excited to see how you get on! good luck and if you need any help with it give me a shout!

On you screen shot one of the midfielders is the role central midfielder but i just downloadet it and the role is are DLP ?

On you screen shot one of the midfielders is the role central midfielder but i just downloadet it and the role is are DLP ?
change to CM automatic mate apologies! I will fix that on the download now mate!

"I did not want to try this with Bayern , Barca , Real , PSG as any tactic will work with them"

testing as ajax is probably easier, as the overall opposition is a lot weaker comparatively and you have a pretty talented team

looks good though

Hmm I see what your saying but barca have messi that can win a game on his own regardless I wouldn't say viktor fisher quite has the same ability to do so and the tactic is more important ... But I accept the challenge haha I will look to test with a different team but I don't think this is a plug and play needs the right stats and capability to work well but maybe I will be proven wrong with some tests

I would say that any team that is predicted 7th-15th in the EPL is the best to test tactics with. You come up against heavy oppoisition in the form of Chelsea, Arsenal or the Mans while at the same time having opportunities against the lower ranked ones.

Try it out there.

Any specific opposition instructions, or training, individual training etc? Or should I leave all to assistant?

Any specific opposition instructions, or training, individual training etc? Or should I leave all to assistant?

I leave this to the Asst. but I always make sure I have a asst with 15+ for tactical