richwebb101

Reaction score
Hello all. I have been looking at this site for years and love it, but have never posted. Have never needed this much help before!

So I am managing Spurs and in my second season. managed an unconvincing 3rd in first season. In the summer i sold vdv and modric and some other players to raise 73mil and have bought in tevez, leandro damio and veloso (plus a few others).

I am playing a balanced 4-4-1-1 (tevez in the hole) with fairly high line, width and tempo with short passing.

My problems are twofold.

1) Outside of the top 5/6teams, I dominate games and create loads of chances, but don't score many goals, sometimes none. My strikers, despite great stats, miss easy chances and I've no idea why. Can any of you good human beings help?

2) I always struggle badly against the top teams. My team suddenly turns awful! Arsenal finished 10th but walked all over me both games. Again, help please!

Many thanks

Rich

Try a 4 2 3 1 mate i've found its by far the best tactic when you want to control weaker opposistion then maybe a 4 1 2 2 1 against better teams

Try to use a more defensive tactic against bigger teams, slow the tempo of your game down and get them to play possession football not hoof and run.

1) Because your players are too hasty. Slow them down, make them not shoot that early and that many times and restrict themselves to fewer but better chances, then probably they'll create some that are actually easy.

2) Overawed by the higher reputation teams? Be optimistic in your press conferences, see if that makes your players fear them less. Work first on making your tactics against those teams tight behind rather than to get it productive, make the defence your main goal and let the goals come as a bonus.