Have you ever rage released/benched a bunch of players?

TakedaLegout

Reaction score
So I had been sitting in first place in the Russian Premier League. Had a somewhat questionable loss to a really good team and was losing my grip. Then, up 4-1 with 20 minutes to go to a 14th place team, my defenders and GK decide to just **** the bed completely. I go nuts and send them all to the reserves, bring up some reserves and young guys and start them the next game and promptly lose. But, I would rather lose with low potential guys than the studs I have not competing.

The thing is, I was so close to just releasing one or two of them outright just to prove a point...to probably no one. Figured if I had felt this way, someone else had probably gone over that line. Anyone?

Yeah, I know what you mean. It's really frustrating when key players don't perform. Especially players you bought for 30mil and on get an average rating of 6.

You're not the only one :D

I've definitely kicked players out of the first team entirely, and I think this is something the game actually sort of wants you to do when players are really under performing. Usually after a few weeks in reserve they seem to get the message and play better.
I've never come close to actually releasing a player, whenever I'm angry enough at them that I'm considering it I just yell at them in private chat and it seems to work.

Youngsters without exceptional potential who reply to me "I stand by what i said", get released on a free immediately.

yes i have

playing as united first season, build up to first game of season we lost 5-0! to spurs
my players were not even trying

so next game none of the first 11 or subs played and i played my reserves and unused first team- we actually won the game

started to slowly bring back the first games squad but i fell out with De Gea and never used him again lol

lingarrd and amos was used throughout the season

i have come very close before also..i think it's because you don't feel any satisfaction tellin them they're **** in a team talk or in the press

i have come very close before also..i think it's because you don't feel any satisfaction tellin them they're **** in a team talk or in the press

Exactly! Someone said in the "what can we add in 2013" thread that you should be able to tell your team that, and I quote, "they are a worthless bunch of shitbags". At the time, I thought it was kind of funny. Now I seriously want it as a team talk option.

Got so ****** off with my Juve squad in the 2nd season (they weren't trying and weren't even interested in even going for goal) that I put the whole first team squad up for sale. Not surprisingly they were all a little miffed. Some of them have bucked their ideas up and as a result have been unlisted, but can't wait for the next transfer window when hopefully the dead weights will find themselves new jobs and I can get someone in who wants to play for the shirt.

Even if I criticise some of mine they just put in a transfer request. I've had to change my approach since :(

I was in League One with Basingstoke on a saved game with a mate who is Boston United also in League one. He got promoted.

I raged so hard at the fact my Board weren't giving me funds (The mate with Boston had double my budget) I put all but three players on the transfer list at the end of the season.

I ended up getting promoted.

Rage fined players in mass before, mass transfer listed but never mass released. Money down the drain yo

I can remember once giving all my players the hairdryer treatment after a run of bad games and **** poor performances. Then one of my defenders comes out in the press and says there isn't enough discipline in the club. So pulled him in for a chat and had a bit of a go because he was one of the worst performers. if anything his performances got worse so he was straight on the transfer list. Love to know what he thinks of the discipline now the ****.

Only thing that makes me rage is when...players are raging.

After couple of plays clicking through the same pointless messages about player being unhappy or needing a hug, or this or that , just cause me to fume.

You don't like it in my club? Well then F*CK YOU, go and rot in reserves for the rest of your professional life. Now i know they're just computer stats , but it still gives me strange sense of satisfaction to break their entire career if they constantly complain llike 5 year old girls.

Makes me wonder if thats why SAF is the way he is. :p

Last edited:
james campbell got sent off on his arsenal debut when his contract had expired, so I fined him and he argued about it. The ginger ***** had to find a new club straight away

james campbell got sent off on his arsenal debut when his contract had expired, so I fined him and he argued about it. The ginger ***** had to find a new club straight away

Bit harsh if you ask me

But then again if he's ginger..........

Bit harsh if you ask me

But then again if he's ginger..........

lol he was called in cause all my left backs were injured so i needed him to just stay on the pitch and he has the cheek to get sent off. Also if he decides to argue about the my discipline and not back down when hes wrong i have to set an example and sell him. But cause hes **** and stubborn he has to be released so every expendable player can understand who is in charge of the club

I frequently have to deal with self-important ****** in my save, seems I attract them somehow.

One guy I signed on a free got sent off in the first 20 minutes of his first match, so he then went into the reserves, argued with me about that, so I put him up for loan, he went out for the second half of the season, all the season after, this season he's been put on my "punishment" schedule, of full strength and aerobic training then half of each of the Gk trainings. Hope he gets a career ending injury while he rots in the reserves.

I frequently have to deal with self-important ****** in my save, seems I attract them somehow.

One guy I signed on a free got sent off in the first 20 minutes of his first match, so he then went into the reserves, argued with me about that, so I put him up for loan, he went out for the second half of the season, all the season after, this season he's been put on my "punishment" schedule, of full strength and aerobic training then half of each of the Gk trainings. Hope he gets a career ending injury while he rots in the reserves.

why not sell him for money, that sounds harsh

Haha that's pretty funny...i have never gone to such lenghts but i have transfer listed guys out of rage