Help needed : New defensive fast counter attack tactiic

Benniewijs

Reaction score
I am a fan of the Barcelona/Ajax (I am Dutch) style of attacking football with a lot of possession and a lot of CCC, but I can also enjoy watching to good played counter football. I didn't create a lot of tactics, so I am quite new to this.

I want to create a defensive tactic with fast counter attacking football. I want to use this tactic with small teams against bigger teams and for bigger teams in away matches. I am also thinking about using it in games when I have a 2-0.

Most of the tactics I use are 4-3-3 variants (4-1-2-2-1 or 4-2-3-1) and sometime 4-2-2-2.

I think 4-1-2-2-1 with a good defensive block on the midfield would be good for this tactic. I am doubting to use Wingers or Inside forwards on the wings.

For counter attack system I think I should use direct passing, rigid freedom, no roaming, no pressing on the other half.

Any suggestions for the system I could use and some of the settings I could use are welcome. I will keep you up to date with the progression I make building this tactic.

I would try Balanced-Defensive- press more- direct
Get ball forward- focus the play through the middle( tweak this setting manually) and play wider