Do you watch matches and the movement of your players? IF/S will stay fairly deep and cut inside with the ball... right into the area where your AP/A and DF/S will be. Both of them will be deeper too, btw.

Yup I do watch them in Extended mode. They just simply became the AMC like you said. Seems like I put the wrong role.

Yup I do watch them in Extended mode. They just simply became the AMC like you said. Seems like I put the wrong role.
Tbh, Extended is worthless to when trying to watch how a tactic works, what the movement is like etc.

10 or 15 mins on Full will show so much more.

Tbh, Extended is worthless to when trying to watch how a tactic works, what the movement is like etc.

10 or 15 mins on Full will show so much more.

Will do so for my next match and try to learn something out of it.

The start you had in Premier League games... looks alike with what I was experimenting with my Leeds... win all the friendlies and then loose the first official games:)

In the last month all I did in my free time ( which is by the way in a very small amount) is to study tactics: guides, blogs , WJ posts from here etc. If I'll understand something out of it I'll do my best every time I can to help someone who is where I was/probably still am. So, in my very very very humble opinion ( and it's just my opinion and not an advice):
- you play a shorter style , intend to retain possession , get out of defense with a short pass rather than a clearance or a long ball forward but you also use a limited defender who is more intended to clear the ball and a target man ( in my opinion when using a target man the entire team should look quite often to bring the ball to him by long balls forward, crossing etc), The TM should also look to flick the ball but both the IF are on support duty and the AP(A) is still mostly a creator and not a runner so who would really benefit from the TM flick on? Maybe a F9/DLF/CF will be a better option? On the other side, maybe because you already have that AP(S) the IF will be more aggressive and more willing to join the box , acting like IF(A) - how does it look when watching games?
- Bojan will not be better suited to a SS/T role? One playmaker is not enough ? Why there should be two? These is simply something I'm asking because I personally don't get it ( also the T is a sort of playmaker-in my opinion)
- Van Ginkel may be better at creating chances than defending?
- that AP(S) , wouldn't he be more helpful as a DLP ?
- why do you use the offside trap? It's a standard mentality with not so high D line. You conceded a lot on the counter?
- you try to exploit the flanks but your team may be more naturally inclined to play through the middle because you have those playmakers there and no attack duty on the flanks?

struggled to follow this thread xD

All i got from it is you want to play direct possession football but tight at the back at the same time?

can you post a PKM?

Thanks mate, another thing learned today.
Btw, I wanted to add this now that I have some time.

You're learning now because you're giving info about how you want to play. So the posts are now all about YOUR vision (finally ;)) and translating that into FM. You know what your vision is, so half the job is done. Now it's just a matter of understanding the definitions and tactical concepts with a tip here and there.

The start you had in Premier League games... looks alike with what I was experimenting with my Leeds... win all the friendlies and then loose the first official games:)

In the last month all I did in my free time ( which is by the way in a very small amount) is to study tactics: guides, blogs , WJ posts from here etc. If I'll understand something out of it I'll do my best every time I can to help someone who is where I was/probably still am. So, in my very very very humble opinion ( and it's just my opinion and not an advice):
- you play a shorter style , intend to retain possession , get out of defense with a short pass rather than a clearance or a long ball forward but you also use a limited defender who is more intended to clear the ball and a target man ( in my opinion when using a target man the entire team should look quite often to bring the ball to him by long balls forward, crossing etc), The TM should also look to flick the ball but both the IF are on support duty and the AP(A) is still mostly a creator and not a runner so who would really benefit from the TM flick on? Maybe a F9/DLF/CF will be a better option? On the other side, maybe because you already have that AP(S) the IF will be more aggressive and more willing to join the box , acting like IF(A) - how does it look when watching games?
- Bojan will not be better suited to a SS/T role? One playmaker is not enough ? Why there should be two? These is simply something I'm asking because I personally don't get it ( also the T is a sort of playmaker-in my opinion)
- Van Ginkel may be better at creating chances than defending?
- that AP(S) , wouldn't he be more helpful as a DLP ?
- why do you use the offside trap? It's a standard mentality with not so high D line. You conceded a lot on the counter?
- you try to exploit the flanks but your team may be more naturally inclined to play through the middle because you have those playmakers there and no attack duty on the flanks?

Thanks for you help I will try to look through it, cause some of the parts are confusing to me :(

Btw, I wanted to add this now that I have some time.

You're learning now because you're giving info about how you want to play. So the posts are now all about YOUR vision (finally ;)) and translating that into FM. You know what your vision is, so half the job is done. Now it's just a matter of understanding the definitions and tactical concepts with a tip here and there.

Yup it somewhat really helps. Like creating a balance in the team with the role & duties. I watched the first 15mins of my first 3 PL games and coming out with this tactic after some changes according to the game,

View attachment 213282 View attachment 213281 View attachment 213280

I hopes that this is better than the one I started with, and learned things that you wanted me to.By the way I totally did not do the cheat by saving and restart like some guys do in other to achieve this results. Next up Man City, hopefully will at least get a draw.

Many of the same problems seem to still be there and there are a lot of added TIs, but let us know how the next game goes.

Many of the same problems seem to still be there and there are a lot of added TIs, but let us know how the next game goes.

Bro if like what you are saying, the same problem still exists and alot added (TIs?) I really can't find the mistake anymore, i'm not doubting you. Instead I'm doubting my own football knowledge. I already tried to learn as much :(

I will post the update of my next game against Man City at around 13Nov 09:00PST as I have something on now so I couldn't play.

By the way can you give me some recommendation on how could I edit my first post so that it's not so messy?

Bro if like what you are saying, the same problem still exists and alot added (TIs?) I really can't find the mistake anymore, i'm not doubting you. Instead I'm doubting my own football knowledge. I already tried to learn as much :(

I will post the update of my next game against Man City at around 13Nov 09:00PST as I have something on now so I couldn't play.
It's the same basics we've gone over in this thread, one of which was quite recent.

As I said, have a look in your next match.

I'm interested in the idea behind the tactic again. The same questions asked before. How are you going to defend? Who's going to be the main goal scorer? Who else will contribute with goals and how do you see that happening? Who will provide the assists and how? How are you working the ball forward? Etc

It's the same basics we've gone over in this thread, one of which was quite recent.

As I said, have a look in your next match.

I'm interested in the idea behind the tactic again. The same questions asked before. How are you going to defend? Who's going to be the main goal scorer? Who else will contribute with goals and how do you see that happening? Who will provide the assists and how? How are you working the ball forward? Etc

Against ManC, I changed my team mentality at the 13th minute to defensive from counter as Aguero and Silvia was a constant threat up front through the middle of the play. Also looking dangerous as they whipped in crosses and from set pieces.

Diouf had a missed 1v1 chance and a goal opportunity gone wide. Managed to get through the 1st half unharmed at 0-0.

View attachment 213054

View attachment 213053

View attachment 213052

In the second half, I got 2-3 agonizing misses (Sail wide) from Diouf again. Aguero and Co are still a threat through the middle of the park but I don't know what went wrong here. Since I'm already on Defensive tactics. Ended up losing the game 1-0 in the end from a Aguero goal, if not for Aguero off day I would be losing by a bigger margin.

Btw I have to be truthful here. Since this is the first game after my save, I decided not to save (sadly I'm cheating) as the two big matches against Arsenal is up next. I thought it would be better to get lectured & sought advice in what I did wrong in this match with my tactics before proceeding.

Sorry if the not saving part irks you. I just don't have the confidence to get through the 2 Arsenal match so soon after this lost.

Last edited: