how can i add my pic

jamesgk1

Reaction score
I am James Baird the scotish goalkeeper in the game and i would like my pic in the game is there anyway i can add it or someone make it for me..

email [email protected]

James - I have replied to you via your hotmail e-mail address - let me know

hi guys i have a similar problem, i forgot to upload my manager's pic, can u help me out rosco? cheers!

Ok Kugene

(ignore steps 1&2 if you already have a 'facepacks' folder set up in your 'graphics' folder)

1. on your PC go into documents file -> sports interactive -> football manager 2011 -> graphics folder

2. create a new folder in the graphics folder - call it 'facepacks'

3. go into facepacks folder and add your own picture (as a jpeg image) - ideally resize your pic (using microsoft office picture manager to 140 pixels wide by 180 pixels high, as this fits perfectly in the image part of your player profile)

4. then add into facepacks folder a CONFIG file with your own manager unique i.d.

5. close all the folders, and start game of fm2011

6. once game loaded, click on small 'FM' box (top right of screen) -> preferences -> display and sound.

7. untick 'use skin cache'

8. tick 'always reload sin on confirm'

9. click 'confirm' button.

10. should be done!

If you don't have a config file already set up from another facepack (e.g. a team's set of faces) , or you don't know how to get unique i.d., let me know & I'll explain.

I'm pretty sure the guy doesn't know how to get unique i.d. so why don't you enlighten us all... How do we create this config file and what has to be in it?
I tried a few different packs and nothing worked for me. The only thing I got to work was a simple dark2011 skin.

To get unique id for players/staff:

Click on small FM logo in top right-hand corner
Go into 'Prefences'
Click on display and sound' tab
Click on 'show unique Ids' so tick appears
Untick 'use skin cache'
Tick 'always reload skin on confirm'
Click on 'confirm' button

when you go back into game and find player/member of staff their unique id number will be beside their name.

To get rid of the unique id, go through the above steps and untick 'show unique Ids'

---------- Post added at 02:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:46 AM ----------

To get config file:

The easiest way is to adapt/edit one that is already in a facepack download for FM 2011
on this site; as follows:

Download a facepack (say, Liverpool) and put into documents file -> sports interactive -> football manager 2011 -> graphics folder -> facepacks folder (if you don't have a facepacks folder you can create one)

Set up a new folder - call it 'custom' or something like this

Go into the team facepack you have downloaded - as well as pics you will see a file called 'config'
Copy this config file and paste into your 'custom' folder

RIGHT click on this copied config file and open up with Edit OR right click and open up with Notepad.

Amend one (or more) of the names and the/their related unique id number; delete any names/ids you don't want, but only delete these lines in the file, not those which do not start with '<record from...>

Save the new/amended config file

Add any pics, making sure they are named the same as the names you used in the config file. Best size for pics is 180pixels high by 140 pixels wide (you can resize/crop pics to this size using most picture editign programs like Microsoft Office Picture Manager)

Come out of all the folders

Go back into the game

Click on small FM logo in top right-hand corner
Go into 'Prefences'
Click on display and sound' tab
Untick 'use skin cache'
Tick 'always reload skin on confirm'
Click on 'confirm' button

when you go back into game your pics should appear.

No bother! :p