How much can I reasonably expect a trait to go up during a player's career?

TakedaLegout

Reaction score
I don't use the editor (feels like cheating for me), so those who do could probably answer this. Say I see some player who is 18/19 years old and is pretty solid but his (insert trait here) is pathetic, like say his agility is 3. My scouts have him rated as a potential 5 star but probably because they are looking at everything else. How much can I really expect that 3 to increase to? 8? 5? Completely random?

Using the individual training regime option you can even it out with other stats but it will never be one of his strengths. It will not increase much though if you don't us individual training regime.

Is hes 18 or 19 you can expect easily 2 pts a year until 24 or so. He can reach 15,16 if he have high professionalism

With good training and if he has a high potential, it can go up a lot. I remember looking at a stat for one of my goalkeepers, from 16 to about 24 years old, one of his physical stats was just a diagonal line from about 4 to 20. He played every first team game from 17 and had an extremely good mentor.

I'd say about an average of 1 per season, 2 for youngsters and perhaps more if you put heavy personal training on top of a training schedule tailored for that stat. Of course everything still depends on personality, playing time, tutoring and overall quality of your staff and facilities.