How to edit a team's starting points

After testing, I've discovered that a points deduction that takes place later in the game only takes affect if the team remains in the division the points deduction is set in. I'll have another look around and see if I can change this so it carries over divisions.

only way i can think of would be to apply the same deduction to all divisions they could possibly be in by that year.

if i just want to remove the home grown rule, do i just follow down to the bit where u change the rules from active to false then re-write them in the editor?

if i just want to remove the home grown rule, do i just follow down to the bit where u change the rules from active to false then re-write them in the editor?

You can do it that way yes. Change the rules to false and save, and then opn in the editor to continue editing in there if you find that easier -- you will have to put the prize money back in though (can be done in editor too) as that is part of the game rules. In the editor, tv money will be set to 0 -- ignore this, the tv money will still be in the game when you play it.

Also, if you want changes to affect all divisions in your league then you need to edit each division and replace any promotion / relegation play-offs in there.

If you have any problems send me a PM and I'll help you out :)

Alternatively, which division are you editing? I've already uploaded the German, French, Italian, Spainsh and English leagues into the Alcaraz, Trivaldo, Pyscho and LukeCro editing thread with squad rules disabled.

Last edited:
ive had a go with the english league and it seems to have worked, however on the editor it seems there is no way of doing another nation without pressing the remove nation rules tab, does any1 know if doing this will remove the rules i made or just put them back in the game and let me do another nations rules?

Great, now i have to try and digest this to finally remove the deductions for palace and southampton

---------- Post added at 09:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:10 PM ----------

oh, how do you find the amount for the prize money? real life or in game?

ive had a go with the english league and it seems to have worked, however on the editor it seems there is no way of doing another nation without pressing the remove nation rules tab, does any1 know if doing this will remove the rules i made or just put them back in the game and let me do another nations rules?

Example...

If you begin with FILE A and make the changes for the English league, you should save your edited database as FILE B. You would then load up FILE A again and make the changes for your next nation and then save that as FILE C. More nations? Repeat the process -- always starting with FILE A.

IF you have made the English changes and saved over you original file then yes, you would have to remove the nation rules and then re-enter them for Spain (then save it with a different name.) This is not the best way as you can end with 'ghost' data in the xml that conflicts with your other files when they're all combined (or loaded together) at the end.

---------- Post added at 10:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:43 PM ----------

Great, now i have to try and digest this to finally remove the deductions for palace and southampton

---------- Post added at 09:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:10 PM ----------

oh, how do you find the amount for the prize money? real life or in game?

If you are editing the Championship remember to put the play-offs back in :)

Usually, to find the prize money, you would load up the game and click on the league table. From there select the 'rules' tab and you'll see the prize money.

Unfortunately, the Championship does not display its prize money so you would either have to make up the figures or search online. I did a search the other day and some people reckon that the Championship prize money is minimal -- £150,000 or less. I can't vouch for this, but that's what the folks out there seem to think.

Alternatively, (I've done English and a few others on Patch 10.3) you could go to this thread http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/f74/...9s-editing-requests-thread-t42121/page31.html and search for post 920. This also has the squad rules taken out.

Last edited:
just a thaught but you could find out the prize money by loading up the game and managing all of the clubs in the division then going on holiday for the season with all of them and finding out the prize money for where they all finished. this would proberly take a while to holiday but it would get you exactly the same amount as what was there pre edit which would help for consistency and help to keep the league from getting under or over powered.

just a thaught but you could find out the prize money by loading up the game and managing all of the clubs in the division then going on holiday for the season with all of them and finding out the prize money for where they all finished. this would proberly take a while to holiday but it would get you exactly the same amount as what was there pre edit which would help for consistency and help to keep the league from getting under or over powered.

That would be a good idea for divisions such as the Championship that don't show their prize-money in the league table :)

I know it's quite low in real life in this division - hence the 'golden ticket' to the Premier Division, but I don't understand why it's not included in the league table when in the other 3 English divisions it is.

i've no idea why unless there isn't any but i know there is as there wouldn't be any for the lower divisions otherwise.

on a seperate note did you find out if there's a way to get future points deductions to work if the club changes divisions or not?

on a seperate note did you find out if there's a way to get future points deductions to work if the club changes divisions or not?

Tbh, I forgot to check m8, but I'm pretty sure the way you suggested a few posts back is the way forward -- I'll get around to testing when I come back off holiday next Tuesday :)

ok mate if not i can't think of a way round it.

on my db file when i open it in notepad i cannot find the what it says to find with edit >find

I am having so many problems with this I just do not want to go into them all...is it possible in any way that somebody can take the 10 points deduction from southampton in 2009 league 1 and then upload the db file onto here for me? I would really appreciate if anybody could do this.

Thanks

I am having so many problems with this I just do not want to go into them all...is it possible in any way that somebody can take the 10 points deduction from southampton in 2009 league 1 and then upload the db file onto here for me? I would really appreciate if anybody could do this.
Thanks

Look at post #27 on this thread. You'll need patch 10.3 though.

Hi. I've tried to find what you have said in the database using notepad etc, but it always says, cannot find etc etc. Where am i going wrong?

Hi. I've tried to find what you have said in the database using notepad etc, but it always says, cannot find etc etc. Where am i going wrong?

Which bit and what are you typing in? Sorry about delay in answering -- I completely missed your post yesterday.

The first bit. All of it i guess. I have started from the beginning and when i get to the part where you search by typing in that line..... it says it cant find it.

All i want to do is change the prize money for the premier league. Can you change the prize money for other comps like, CL and FA Cup???

If you can't find the following line

<list id="league_comps">

then you must have missed a step somewhere. This appears in all databases that have had nation rules edited.

There's a link in this thread to an already edited file (see post #27). You could edit the prize money in that one if it's easier? Just open it in the editor and click on the premier league and you'll be able to change the prize money.

how do you get rid of the 25 man rule in the english priemer divison ?