prigrajf

Reaction score
I searched but didn't find anything on this mater. I play a 4-2-3-1 formation, attacking strategy. My team realy struggls when the opposition gets a red card. It should be reverse but it isn't in my case :D In the last 5 matches, I had this advantage, the opposition managed to equlise or even get the match winner goal :( Not only that, they dominate and dictate play. It's getting really really anoying.
How to battle this, how to play after the red card?

go flat 5 across the middle with expansive quick wingers, exploit the flanks, get ball forward and counter attack?

"control" strategy or "Pass to feet" generally works for me.

The AI will become alot more defensive and player counter attacking football. So when you go more attacking they will hit you on the break. You need to pass the ball around and use your one man advantage.

I still haven't found anything to solve this.. I wrote about this in thread called "Disadvantaged user and stupid scripts" .. I am afraid that developers just overcharged the team morale after sending off.. Of course, it is possible to win or equalise with ten men.. but usually in 1 of 10 cases.. not almost in every match.. frustrating

I've not had this problem, even got a few nice wins vs much bigger sides thanks to a early red card. The most attacking approach I use is Controll. With a player more I try to limit their passing options and keep my goalkeeper out of work. I may try to keep possesion more, "Retain Possesion" "Pass to Feet" atleast for the first 10 mins after the red card is given.

I still haven't found anything to solve this.. I wrote about this in thread called "Disadvantaged user and stupid scripts" .. I am afraid that developers just overcharged the team morale after sending off.. Of course, it is possible to win or equalise with ten men.. but usually in 1 of 10 cases.. not almost in every match.. frustrating

I agree with this, that is if you are facing a team that has players with good work rate and that are determined. If facing teams with few of these players and perhaps with a lot of players with really low work rate, then its the other way around and I have on a few occasions scored 5-7 goals in the last 30-45 minutes when the opposition have gone one man down

I don't play against ten men any differently than I do against eleven... I watch the whole game anyway and make changes based on what's happening on the pitch.

e.g. if any one player seems to be getting the ball more/dictating play then he gets tight-marking, closing down always, hard tackling and shown onto weaker foot... take out the kingpin and the rest of the team will buckle (usually ;) )