Important cause

John

Resident God
Reaction score
Boro are a club that desperatly need assistance.
Please if you can give just £500 a season to sponser a club in need do.

But dont take my word for it, heres desperate pleading David Wheater to ask for your help in supporting this valuable and heart felt cause.

Yes, he's saved you a seat. Several thousand if he's being honest.

I would not pay £200 odds to watch boro.

To be fair i thought it was quite a good thing, quite clever. The club and fans have been drawing further apart for a while and the club is trying to get back what it was like not so long ago.

Take the **** all you like, it could be worse we could have spent a **** load every season for the last few seasons on other people's youngsters and still be languishing in the bottom half one point above a team with 4 fans.

haha quality

when he said ive ran for 70 mins i thought he meant cos hes ***** and gets subbed leol

Didn't Boro actually make money in the summer, surely didn't spend all the £11.25 million from the Yakubu transfer.

To Kris' comment, I would't pay £200 odd to watch boro either

Bought:

Woodgate £7m
Tuncay Free
Alliadiere £2.5m
Young £2m
Shawky 500k
O'Neill £5m
Mido £6m

We spent a fair bit to be honest, and we reported losses last time i heard.

I had no idea you spent so much this season, the way your playing aswell doesnt help. Southgate sucks as a gaffer in my opinion i mean can you imagine him trying to enspire or motivate players?

Always baffled me why they put him in charge anyway with no track record

they got rid of one dull boring gaffer and put another in charge :p

Gibson has a hard on for "local English talent" despite clear indications that the local talent is not very good. He had a whole interview on MOTD about a game in which he basically just played his sub-level youth team because they were all from 11 miles around the stadium. They got schooled though so it didnt really make him look great. It was a good advert for McLaren though and probably helped get him the England job.

In short, its Redders' fault we didnt qualify for Euro 2008, and before the Jocks thank him, he's also part Italian i hear so its his fault you didnt qualify also.

Don't know how you dare say anything about our local talent, when you have to go out and pay ridiculous prices to buy other peoples. Try putting all that money into an academy.

A positive for the Boro fans was the final home game of the season against Fulham, where 15 of the 16 squad members were from the local area (the exception being Malcolm Christie). Lee Cattermole captained the team for the match and became Boro's youngest ever captain. It was also the first all English line up in the Premier League since Bradford City in 1999 and the first all English match squad since Aston Villa in 1998.
To be honest, i think that was a pretty good achievement - and i am sure most sensible people would agree - and i think you will find we were beaten 1-0, hardly "schooled" as you so wonderfully put it.

and clear indications that our local talent isnt very good? hence why Spurs keep bidding for all our local left sided players yeh?

Shut up or come up with something better next time.

Last edited:
I don't see enough of them to want to pass comment but Downing is the most over rated pile of ****.

well he is consistently boros best assister and he is our top scorer this season so far. he has been linked with 10m pound moves to tottenham for about 3 years and also been called up to the england squad on several occasions. i do agree that he is not as good as he could be and he is a bit arrogant and lazy these days he is a good player and can put a killer ball in - see the derby game yesterday. he lacks abit of heart and passion sometimes and does ***** out of a tackle but at the end of the day thats not his job - his job is to put a cross in or score a goal and he seemingly does pretty good at these. so unless you watch him week in week out i dont think you should be passing judgement like that

Don't know how you dare say anything about our local talent, when you have to go out and pay ridiculous prices to buy other peoples. Try putting all that money into an academy.

To be honest, i think that was a pretty good achievement - and i am sure most sensible people would agree - and i think you will find we were beaten 1-0, hardly "schooled" as you so wonderfully put it.

and clear indications that our local talent isnt very good? hence why Spurs keep bidding for all our local left sided players yeh?

Shut up or come up with something better next time.

It was a game against Fulham, hardly the most dangerous team in the league. Especially if you were at home (i think you were but i cant remember fully).
Spurs could probably do that quite easilly, obviously they wouldnt all have English sounding names, because of the catchment area, and they wouldnt all be as good because of the catchment area. Our catchment area sees us competing with teams such as Arsenal and West Ham, Crystal Palace, QPR so obviously its a little more difficult finding quality players early on. In the past we've had a few good players come through in the likes of Campbell and King more recently, Campbell at one point laid claim to being the hottest property for his position in the country. King is vastly under-rated but thats irrelevent.

My point is, most teams could do what Boro do, they just have the common sense not to.

And FYI we've just finally got planning permission to build a new Youth Development & First Team Training facility, something which we have been trying to do for a good 4 years. Just in built up places like London its harder to find the space.

So yes, you could say that you have developed more players to break through your ranks and we're buying our players in, but then thats how your club survives. Ours does so off its fanbase. Hence what this thread is pretty much all about.

lawl, burn on the surviving off fanbase comment

It was a game against Fulham, hardly the most dangerous team in the league. Especially if you were at home (i think you were but i cant remember fully).

It was at Craven Cottage - also, going back to your "schooled" comment, Fulham scored their goal in the 84th minute - and it was a penalty :).

And on that point, i would like to note that Fulham defeated Tottenham at Craven Cottage that year 1-0 also (pretty sure you didn't play 11 local lads - and i would also like to add you lost to Grimsby and Leicester in the cups) - so you can keep quiet about "hardly the most dangerous team in the league rubbish.

Another point i would like to add is that we had played 62 competetive games already that season and our next game was a UEFA cup final, so restings players seemed a sensible thing (ok maybe not to the degree we did).

In the past we've had a few good players come through in the likes of Campbell and King more recently, Campbell at one point laid claim to being the hottest property for his position in the country. King is vastly under-rated but thats irrelevent.
Campbell must of came through what, 12ish years ago?

So yes, you could say that you have developed more players to break through your ranks and we're buying our players in, but then thats how your club survives. Ours does so off its fanbase. Hence what this thread is pretty much all about.
Our club survives by what? selling our youth players or having to play them? - because neither is true.

Who have we sold and benefited from in recent years out of the players to come through the acamadmy? - James Morrison £2.5m.

Middlesbrough have got it spot on as far as i am concerned with the youth policy, and the way the team mixes locally grown talent and people brought in is brilliat that is why we get youngsters like Downing (wonder if Spurs will bid for him again) and Johnson (Wonder if the rumours are true and Spurs will bid for him) coming through, and playing well.

Last edited:
It was at Craven Cottage - also, going back to your "schooled" comment, Fulham scored their goal in the 84th minute - and it was a penalty :).

And on that point, i would like to note that Fulham defeated Tottenham at Craven Cottage that year 1-0 also (pretty sure you didn't play 11 local lads - and i would also like to add you lost to Grimsby and Leicester in the cups) - so you can keep quiet about "hardly the most dangerous team in the league rubbish.

Another point i would like to add is that we had played 62 competetive games already that season and our next game was a UEFA cup final, so restings players seemed a sensible thing (ok maybe not to the degree we did).

Campbell must of came through what, 12ish years ago?

Our club survives by what? selling our youth players or having to play them? - because neither is true.

Who have we sold and benefited from in recent years out of the players to come through the acamadmy? - James Morrison £2.5m.

Middlesbrough have got it spot on as far as i am concerned with the youth policy, and the way the team mixes locally grown talent and people brought in is brilliat that is why we get youngsters like Downing (wonder if Spurs will bid for him again) and Johnson (Wonder if the rumours are true and Spurs will bid for him) coming through, and playing well.

Yes we probably did lose to Fulham that season, as our away record was and still is pretty dire. But we were still about 1 point off 4th place for the season.

The next year we were 5th again after playing about 55 games, i cant remember the exact amount (but over 90% of all our allocated tickets were sold home and away).

If Boro dont make money by selling players then clearly i was mistaken, just how do you make money?

Can't see us bidding for many players this January, if we do it will probably be defensive players.

Campbell was a long time ago yes probably more like 15 years than 12, but as i said we have numerous clubs all competing to grab the same local youth talent in the same catchment area. Theres probably no part of our surrounding area that doesnt overlap with another clubs. Where as Arsenal steal from the academy's of the best players around the continent we try to nurture local players but often they only show the skill levels of players who could cope in League 1 and at best the Championship.

Some other players for you to consider (again a while ago now) are Beckham and Crouch.

Lately the only players to have broken through have been AAB, the likes of Marney (scored two on his home debut against Everton, was gash after that) Barnard (lethal in the reserves wont ever make the step up) O'Hara (took him from the Scum academy, yet to do anything of real value despite playing on Saturday against Pompey) and Phil Ifil who made a great start but hasnt lived up to that promise.

Younger players we have brought in, include Pekhart Olsen and the ones you probably know about Lennon, Rose and Huddlestone.

If Boro dont make money by selling players then clearly i was mistaken, just how do you make money?

We spent a fair bit to be honest, and we reported losses last time i heard.

Younger players we have brought in, include Pekhart Olsen and the ones you probably know about Lennon, Rose and Huddlestone.

Never doubted the fact the players you have brought in have great potential.