Is it me, or can anyone else not get into it this year?

GryWlkr

Reaction score
When I first played the game, it was new and had a lot of new features and it had that typical freshness each game has has over the last few years, where you start at a team and that's it, you feel this is it, your long term save already. But I decided to explore the game a bit and went from team to team, just getting into detail about each player and club and staff and so on, that I've now lost the spark that makes me want to play it now.

Where most people complain about the match engine or stupid things SI hasn't sorted yet in this years version, I'm struggling for passion. I'm a Celtic fan, so I've naturally bored myself to death with them. I've played as all teams in the BPL, most *big* teams in Portugal, Italy, Spain, France and Germany, as well as internationals. I've tried the challenges, even set my own, from building a squad of same-nationals to signing only youngsters during the transfer windows. I've even edited Manchester United's players down a notch and rebuilt. I've saved teams from relegation. I've started in Feb 2014 and took over a team near the end of the season, to assume realism in the previous manager being sacked. You name it.

So why can't I get into it? I'm finding myself with a good idea and before the season starts, I ask myself why I am this team.

So I come on here looking for inspiration in peoples stories, tactics and general questions and I see myself going round in circles.

I've always wanted a go at lower league management too, but I feel the years have been unkind to my knowledge down there, as I've only ever spoiled myself on rich and high in reputation clubs and feel I would be sacked within a few months.

Anyone else got it bad, or had similar moments? Without suggestion don't play it? Because God love this game, it's addictive as ****.

For me, the start of a save is always the worst part, it takes me at least a season before I start getting into it, by that point I have facilities improved, I've made a few transfers, started developing youth, and can get rid of the deadwood etc.

I had moments with last years version were I got bored easily and didn't know who to manage and what league etc, then I got into LLM. The best save I've ever had was with Ebbsfleet, I took them from the Skrill South and won consecutive promotions up to the Championship. I recommend trying LLM, I knew nothing about players in the lower leagues either, which makes it alot harder, especially with such a restrictive budget as well, but you can't beat find quality free transfers and going on a good FA Cup run, plus having 3-4 leagues above you makes for a long term save as it takes alot of time to get to the top, you just need patience, once you get past the first season and have turned your club from semi-pro to professional the save gets much better.