lolrofl

Reaction score
Hey guys I need a bit of help here, Now Jack Wilshere is supposed to be a really good player on FM but for some reason I can just never get him playing good? I play him either as a roaming playmaker as a CM or a Trequesta as A CAM. And he just plays like f@*#n poo every game. Need advice thanks

Hey guys I need a bit of help here, Now Jack Wilshere is supposed to be a really good player on FM but for some reason I can just never get him playing good? I play him either as a roaming playmaker as a CM or a Trequesta as A CAM. And he just plays like f@*#n poo every game. Need advice thanks

I suggest posting your tactics and team instructions.
Wilshear is a phenomenal Midfielder so if you're struggling to get him to play even okay then your tactic probably dose not utilise his skills correctly.

Back in FM14 i got him to win World Player of the Year by playing him as a Box to Box mostly and sometimes as an Advanced Playmaker.

Also the guy has a 7.60 rating in the last five and a 7.02 for the season.. Not bad really

in that tactic, it looks like you are simply asking him to make short passes to depay and cazorla, those two are going to be right in front of him often, so he wont be going forward, and wont see runners to pick passes to because those two will be right in front.

i mean, you are in second, so its not like you are doing terribly, but you have an awful lot of players in the middle of the pitch, so its going to be tough for a guy like wilshere to find space to do anything productive.

Back in FM14 i got him to win World Player of the Year by playing him as a Box to Box mostly and sometimes as an Advanced Playmaker.

Also the guy has a 7.60 rating in the last five and a 7.02 for the season.. Not bad really

Nah he has 7.60 because funny enough he just got MOTM twice in a row but before that he was bad

in that tactic, it looks like you are simply asking him to make short passes to depay and cazorla, those two are going to be right in front of him often, so he wont be going forward, and wont see runners to pick passes to because those two will be right in front.

i mean, you are in second, so its not like you are doing terribly, but you have an awful lot of players in the middle of the pitch, so its going to be tough for a guy like wilshere to find space to do anything productive.

Can you suggest a tactic i should use to get the best out of him

Can you suggest a tactic i should use to get the best out of him

i cannot because I always create my own. If you head over to the tactic section on the SI GAMES community forum, there are three guides there stickied at the top that will change the way you play. It will be WAY more fun when you know how and why your team is doing what its doing. I promise.

Couple things though.

Not everyone in your team is going to be able to score goals, play through balls, and create opportunities/get assists. Since you are in 2nd, or were two weeks ago (ha), im going to assume the people around him are playing well. Depay, for instance, is selfish and will dribble and shoot a ton. While he will also score a ton, it means the players around him will likely score less. When you have players like cazorla and depay in the team, you need other players to "hold the water bucket" for them. Right now, looks like Jack is that person.

You can make an effort to change that, but it will require finding some space for him to play in and get forward in, which will require changes to the treq and IF-S you have in front of him. Its all about Balance :)

I tend to build my Arsenal squad around Wilshere. He's my favourite player IRL and in the game. However I understand people's frustrations with him (also both IRL and in FM). Some saves he just doesn't work for me, other saves he becomes the best player in the World.

My main advice is: play him offensively. He's got all the major stats going for him to be a force in the box - especially setting teammates up. If you pull him back to a CM role he lacks the long ranged shooting and while he still has excellent mental and passing stats, I think you lose some of his prowess.

I play him as a regular Trequartista centrally. AMC - Trequartista or Advanced Playmaker. In my current Arsenal save (my first on FM15) he did so:

View attachment 316674

Not the best ever I've gotten out of him (in FM14 had him World's and Europe's best player and all major PL awards as well as Europe's Top Marksman and about 8.50 average rating in his third season) but quite good for a first season.

Oh, and as you see I have him taking penalties despite not having the highest rating for that. It builds confidence (I guess) and seemingly ads to his ability in other areas as well. Have been doing this the last two FM's and it seems to work - and at least looks good on his stats.

Last edited:
I just notice from my previous post that, notorious arguer of ref decisions, Wilshere didn't get a single yellow or red card his first season :O

Oh and I play a 4-2-3-1 Narrow lineup - with instructions to keep hold of the ball, dominate possession, short passing etc.

Wilshere as AMC Trequartista with Alexis to his right and Özil (first season) and now Depay to his left.