i got him for my villa team for 34mil in 2012/13. I just kinda slotted him in in cm, and he is doing alright 20 games in he has 10 assists and 5 goals i think? should i change my formation to suit him better? or should i keep it the same, cos i am still scoring goals?? cheers

5 goals and 10 assists in 20 games are way below Pastore's standarts. It is normal for him to underperform for couple of months or even for a season though, till he is fully adapted. You would be better off if you change your formation to suit him better. He is a beast as AMC(Atk Midf/Atk).

Pastore for me is the engine in the midfield. i play him as MC and he connects the passes to my striker really well. Lucky me i got him for only 17.5 millions here's my Pastore

I'm playing 4-2-3-1 and my 3 AMCs are : Ozil, Hazard, Pastore. Nuff said ;)

Pastore is a beast, didn't regret the 20mil i spent for him. He was voted best player of the league 3times in a row, finished all seasons with 7,80 and above.

Last edited:
I'm playing 4-2-3-1 and my 3 AMCs are : Ozil, Hazard, Pastore. Nuff said ;)

Pastore is a beast, didn't regret the 20mil i spent for him. He was voted best player of the league 3times in a row, finished all seasons with 7,80 and above.

did u lose any games in the last 2 3 years?

5 goals and 10 assists in 20 games are way below Pastore's standarts. It is normal for him to underperform for couple of months or even for a season though, till he is fully adapted. You would be better off if you change your formation to suit him better. He is a beast as AMC(Atk Midf/Atk).

Alright I changed my formation, to try and play him in his favoured AMC role, but I have now had this formation for half a season, and we are scoring less, and he isn't really improving much.
I was playing the 4-4-2, with two wingers pushed up. I had Pastore in the midfield, still in the attack playmaker role/Attack. Now I have a more attacking midfield with a well. 4-1-3-2. so effectively 5 attacking and 5 defending. This isn't really working. So should I go back to my original formation, or just see if I can ressuract sme results... this isn't really a pastore question, didn't plan that sorry :S. it involves him though :)
cheers in advance

I never bought him before untill recently because he is quite expensive. Bought him now with chelsea for € 36.5M in the beginning of the first season

View attachment 124116

What more can I say? The guy doesn't even speak english, never played in the Premier League before but already has 10 goals and 16 assists. He's gonna be dynamite next season, and still not yet at his peak :wub:

EDIT: I play him as advanced playmaker on AMC

Last edited:
Alright I changed my formation, to try and play him in his favoured AMC role, but I have now had this formation for half a season, and we are scoring less, and he isn't really improving much.
I was playing the 4-4-2, with two wingers pushed up. I had Pastore in the midfield, still in the attack playmaker role/Attack. Now I have a more attacking midfield with a well. 4-1-3-2. so effectively 5 attacking and 5 defending. This isn't really working. So should I go back to my original formation, or just see if I can ressuract sme results... this isn't really a pastore question, didn't plan that sorry :S. it involves him though :)
cheers in advance

If you insist on playing 2 forwards then go back to your original tactic.Personally I wouldnt like him as MC since he is not any help for defence and I expect my MCs at least average defenders(If I am not dominating yet) 4-1-3-2 if you play with a DMC leaves huge gap between offence and defence hence you productivity will fall. My suggestion would be to play a tactic with 1ST and AMC or 2 ST. 2ST+AMC would weaken your defense and transition of the ball to attack phase.
In one of the posts above, akirox stated he uses Pastore as MC and getting good results, may be he would be more help.^^

In central midfield i would personally play him as a central midfielder attack so he has a free role and maybe as a target man with ball to feet? Maybe switch your tactic to a 4-4-2 diamond as well.

Offered Palermo £10million for him and they accepted straight away!

View attachment 124120

I play a 4-5-1 formation with Barca though so retraining him as a CM to play in an Advanced Playmaker - Attack role. When Xavi gets to old I'm gonna move Iniesta to Deep-Lying in place of Xavi and I have a replacement for Iniesta's role in Pastore in the making.

i got hamsik for 11.5 mil in my liverpool save at the end of the first season(i had been taken over)hes ok as an attacking midfielder but hes better as an center mid

he cost me £44 mil over 48 months I have been playing him in cm as a advanced playmaker he's doing okay but nothing special

35m euros, lucky guy. i had my board do the tranfer and turn out 31.5m POUNDS

---------- Post added at 05:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:06 AM ----------

i got hamsik for 11.5 mil in my liverpool save at the end of the first season(i had been taken over)hes ok as an attacking midfielder but hes better as an center mid

i had hamsik in fm 10 and turns out the same as pastore in fm 11

if u have hamsik, no need pastore.

beast player, 35 goals and 45 assist in 1st season
49 assist n 29 goals in 2nd season
im in the 3rd season now =)
juz play him as advance playmaker

in my save, 5th season jis contract is expired. He joined At. Madrid for free after Palermo wins Serie A 2 times!

Signed for LFC on deadline day September in 5th season. £38M (20 Initial + 18 over 48 months)!
What a player, every penny worth it. Won player of the season!
People say Treq and Adv playmaker attack? NO WAY!!
Retrain him to play AML, inside forward attack and cut in!! The guy is immense, his stats are more suited for a inside forward aswell :)

javier ******* pastore after 10 season
javier2.jpg

javier.jpg

he has a knack of scoring important goals in important matches in the last 10 minutes. many times are winning goal. i suggest ******** him during team talk at half time if he and the team are not playing well and he will go magic in the second half.

He has many times ended 3rd place for the World Player of the year as the 1st and 2nd place is always that two guys, well you know who.

i dnt get how yu guys manage to get him to score like 20 odd goals like hes a striker or somethink , bought him for my first seasion as liverpool i play him as AMC and ive used all the instrutions like amc attack , inside forward , and attack playmaker bt i dnt see any improvements ok yess he has scored abt 8 goals for me playing him as amc attack but still i dnt understand how you guys play him and what team talk do you give him if yu can help me thanks !!!!