bozinis8

Reaction score
Hey there!
I have noticed that im my Pre-Match screen,my ***.Manager keeps saying that the opposition team does not do well against teams playing 4-4-2!
That's pretty much the idea of making a classic 4-4-2 attacking tactic,came on my mind!!!!
What's the more attacking version of 4-4-2?The answer is 4-2-2-2 or 4-2-4,whatever you prefer.
My tactic is an attacking(but not Overload) one.The goals that your team scores are shared to the midfielders and the attackers,so if you like to see your attacker as Top Scorer of the league,forget it!Usually the 2 attackers score 50-60% of your goals and the rest 40-50% goes to your wingers and Central Mids!I have tested the tactic with Liverpool but it is not a challenge,so i chose Birmingham which also competes at Europa League!

The Tactic
View attachment 178421
As said above,it is a 4-2-2-2 tactic which focuses on th strikers and the Central Midfielders.
Bottom line,the mids pass the ball to the Target Man,he either passes it to the Poacher,Shoots,or passes it wide to the wingers!Basically,Target Man is the most important player!

Players'Duties and Roles follow below:

GK-Sweeper Kepper-Defend
RB-Full Back-Automatic
LB-
Full Back-Automatic
RCB-Limited Defender-Stopper
LCB-Ball Playing-Defend
RCM-Advanced Playmaker-Support
LCM-Box to Box-Support
AMR-Winger-Attack
AML-
Winger-Attack
STCR-Target Man-Attack
STCL-Poacher or Complete Forward***-Attack

***You can use a Complete Forward but make sure his Physicall stats are very good(not only pace and acceleration but Naturall Fitness and Balance too)

Match Preperation

Set it to "Team Blend" during Pre-Season and then change it to Attcking Movement as soon as the League starts!

Opposition Instructions

If you have a reliable ***.Manager the let him take care of the Opposition Instructions.If you dont,Give orders to your players to "Show on to weaker foot" the opposition attackers and/or the wingers if are any!Just that!

My Results and Transfers
View attachment 178420
View attachment 178422
View attachment 178423
View attachment 178426
View attachment 178424
and finally my transfers:
View attachment 178425

Testers Needed!!!!
If you decide to use my tactic,please let it 2-3 LEAGUE games to gel and then you can see the great results

***Sorry for my english,I am Greek!

DOWNLOAD LINK :
View attachment 178432

What were your results like with Liverpool? Was Carroll getting many goals?

What were your results like with Liverpool? Was Carroll getting many goals?
No actually,The Target Man is the most important player but he doesnot score many goals,he gaets assiists,but again not too many!
He is an "Underground Worker",his work is not obvious bit is important!

---------- Post added at 06:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:28 PM ----------

And,as i didnt answer you properly before,with Liverpool I won the treble!

Nice, might give it a try if I start a game with Liverpool again.

I will try this tactic in Vitoria Guimaraes in Portugal.

Will try this in my Chelsea save :p
Tactic looks almost identical to the tactic I'm already using ;)

Last edited:
I'll give this a go with my tottenham side!

Glad to know that mate!Thanks!
Remember to post your results!

---------- Post added at 06:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:38 PM ----------

Will try this in my Chelsea save :p
Tactic looks almost identical to the tactic I'm already using ;)
Thanks Mate!I believe that the tactic will suit perfectly to Chelsea! Torres-Poacher,Drogba-Target Man,Essien-Box to Box!
Please post some of your results as feedback!

Last edited:
Do you not end up with loads of long shots from your central midfielders, since they're both set to take long shots often?

Do you not end up with loads of long shots from your central midfielders, since they're both set to take long shots often?
Yeap,but if your mids are not that good at long shots,set them to "sometimes"!
But still,if they have 14+ leave it like that!That's what I suggest.You can tweak the tactic to suit you best! ;)