Harryy

Reaction score
I aim to manage in Europe’s top five leagues - Spain, England, Germany, Italy and France (although I see that Portugal is ranked 5th​ on my save) and possibly even more leagues in Europe. I plan to move on from each league after winning it. Winning the Champions League is the ultimate goal.

Last edited:
I always love doing journeyman saves although I don't always move on straight after winning the league and sometimes I try more obscure leagues like the Argentinian First Division.

Anyway, good luck!

VALENCIA

View attachment 325051

I’ll be starting with Valencia, no particular reason behind this. They are a well-known club that has experienced harder times recently with their last league title coming ten years ago. Last season they finished 8th​ which left them without European football. We are predicted to finish 4th​ behind the likes of Barcelona, Real Madrid and last season’s champions Atletico Madrid.

View attachment 325047

However they have invested over the summer with a fair number of new signings, which include the likes of Alvaro Negredo, Nicolas Otamendi, and German World Cup-winner Shkodran Mustafi. This left me with very little to work with regarding transfer funds and very high expectations from the board. They gave me £10 million with a remaining wage budget of… £0 and expect me to challenge for the title!

Next Update: Preseason and transfers

View attachment 325040

Gonna be hard to push the big boys with just 10 million but best of luck with it, I'm sure it'll be interesting! :D

VALENCIA

View attachment 324855
Preseason

View attachment 324854

Preseason went well. Expected us to lose to Juventus although we did have a few good chances and they scored a scrappy goal. I was pleased with the victory over Benfica, the rest of the matches were just to get match fit really.

Transfers

After adjusting my transfer budget to give me some wages to work with I was left with a whopping £5 million pounds and about £50k of remaining wages… I did some digging to figure out why the transfer budget was rather low and I discovered that £20 million was spent on Negredo, £10 million on Otamendi and £6.5 million on Mustafi. I suppose my transfer budget is reasonable then.

View attachment 324853

We desperately needed a right-winger, Ould-Chikh isn’t exactly what I was looking for but he’s all I could afford. He’s good enough to be back up to Feghouli for the time being.

View attachment 324849

After I had completed that transfer I realized that the club was only £700k under the Financial Fair Play restrictions and we were not able to buy another player. Loaning was the only option, which lead me to Suso. He can play in a few positions and is good enough to be my in my starting XI. I snapped him up when Liverpool told me I only had to pay 50% of his wages. I tried to add a future transfer fee into the deal but Liverpool wanted £39 million…

View attachment 324848

I did try to bring in a few wonderkids for cheap that could play a role in the squad like Jesus Vallejo and Pavel Savitzky but they turned me down.

View attachment 324851

Elsewhere, Real Madrid spent a gargantuan £8.25 million acquiring Musacchio and Vallejo!

Starting XI

View attachment 324850

This is what I expect my starting XI to be for the first few games of the season while Negredo and a few others are out injured.

Key Players

Dani Parejo

View attachment 324847

Diego Alves

View attachment 324846

Alvaro Negredo

View attachment 324845

Future Stars

Paco Alcacer

View attachment 324840

Jose Luis Gaya

View attachment 324844

Rodrigo De Paul

View attachment 324839

Next Update: First game of the season vs. Sevilla and August fixtures​

VALENCIA

View attachment 324764

August

First Match vs Sevilla
View attachment 324725

Our first match didn’t get off to a brilliant start with Carlos Bacca giving Sevilla the lead early on and they continued to dominate the first half. After expressing my displeasure at half time the team responded magnificently. Alcacer put us back on level terms and Otamendi scored the winner. A good start to the season.

August Results

View attachment 324722

We dominated in the second game of the season against Malaga. They only managed two shots in the whole game, none of them on target. It took 76 minutes for us to find the net but Feghouli was in fine form and bagged himself a hat-trick.

Player of the Month

View attachment 324719

Otamendi was my player of the month, scoring the winner against Sevilla and putting in a solid performance against Malaga.

League Table
View attachment 324714

We sit in 3rd​ but the two wins are the important part. Gil is top of the assist chart and Parejo has picked up a yellow card in both games. Ronaldo has been in fine form for Real Madrid scoring seven goals in two games!

Next Update: Will the good start continue?​

Great save so far buddy, Valencia have a great squad this season. :)

VALENCIA

View attachment 324433

September

View attachment 324432

September was a good month as we picked up another 3 wins but I was disappointed with the draw against Getafe.

The first game of the month against Espanyol did not start well as they scored in the first minute and Filipe Augusto was sent off after thirty minutes for a reckless tackle in the opposition’s box. Suso pulled a goal back before half time and we managed to win the game comfortably in the end despite having a player sent off.

The second game of the month was horrendous, as Getafe had not picked up a single point before playing us. We were fortunate enough to be awarded a penalty that Parejo put it in the top corner.

We really should have scored a couple more against Cordoba but Suso’s goal was enough to give us the win.

We took our chances against Real Sociedad with Feghouli and Rodrigo finding the net.

Player of the Month

View attachment 324431

Suso was my player of the month for his two goals and consistent performances.

League Table

View attachment 324430

We’re second on the table, level on points with Real Madrid.

Next Update: Atletico Madrid and October results

VALENCIA

View attachment 323995

October

View attachment 323993

October started off with my biggest game as Valencia manager to date against Atletico Madrid. It was an excellent month as we picked up three wins from three matches.

View attachment 323992

I went in the match against Atletico Madrid expecting them to bring us back down to earth with our first defeat of the season. Thankfully that wasn’t the case. Parejo was able to give us the lead in the 25th​ minute with a perfectly struck free-kick which found the top corner of Oblak’s net. We continued to dominate the match and in the 51st​ minute Godin gifted us a penalty, which the ever-reliable Parejo slotted home. I was delighted with victory and the performance that went with it.

A goal from Rodrigo put us in the lead against Deportivo and I expected us to kill the game from then on. It was only Negredo’s first goal for the club that made the win seem convincing.

The last match of the month was an impressive yet expected win over Elche. Gil gave us an early lead and we scored for fun after that. Suso had a game to remember bagging a goal and setting up three more.

Player of the Month

View attachment 323988

Suso was my player of the month yet again, with a goal and five assists.

View attachment 323987

We are top of the table, two points clear of Real Madrid

Next Update: November results and my biggest game yet!​

VALENCIA
View attachment 323641

November

View attachment 323640

November was a tough month as none of these fixtures were what I would consider easy. However we did reasonably well picking up two wins and two draws and remained undefeated.

Not much to say about the match against Villarreal. Pretty even affair but Negredo was able to take a chance, which was enough to give us the win.

We dominated the match against Athletic Bilbao only allowing them four shots while we had four clear-cut chances but one goal from Suso was all it took to secure another three points.

The next match saw us come up against fierce local rivals Levante. A game that we would be expected to win but anything can happen when facing a rival. The game was fairly even and we probably didn’t deserve more than a draw.

Barcelona
View attachment 323639

The month ended with my toughest match as Valencia manager to date. Everything that could of happened did happen. We took the lead after ter Stegen deflected the ball into his own net from a Piatti cross. Alba was sent off in the 54th​ minute, which made me feel confident of getting a win. However, Suarez scored his first goal for Barcelona moments later to put them back on level terms. I decided that we should go for the win and threw on Rodrigo De Paul who immediately put us back in the lead. I felt confident of getting a win from that point and when Messi went off injured in the 80th​ minute to leave Barcelona with nine men I thought the game was over. Unfortunately that wasn’t the case as Gaya came of injured shortly after and it was 10 vs. 9 for the last few minutes. Suarez grabbed himself his second of the game, which would see it end as a draw. We should of won the game given the circumstances but a draw was a fair result.

View attachment 323638

This lad seems to get injured every time he steps on the pitch.

Player of the Month

View attachment 323637

Suso was my player of the month. Again.

League Table

View attachment 323635

Real Madrid are two points ahead of us as we both remain undefeated.

VALENCIA
View attachment 323267

December

View attachment 323266

December kicked off with our first match in the Spanish Cup against a fairly poor team in Toledo. Alcacer came back from injury and bagged himself a hat-trick.

Our first defeat of the season came against Granada, a team we really should be beating! It was an even match but Abdou Sissoko was able to find the net from a fair distance, which was enough to beat us.

We got back to winning ways against Rayo. Suso’s early goal put us on our way as we put in a good performance and won convincingly.

The second leg of our Spanish Cup tie was an easy victory highlighted by 17 year-old Ould-Chikh’s first goal for the club.

The last match before the winter break was against Eibar. Rodrigo put us in the lead early on and Ould-Chikh scored his second in two games. Parejo put us three up with a superb free-kick from 30 yards. Zuculini capitalized on a miskick from the keeper a put the ball into an empty net from 40 yards. Negredo could of made it 5-0 from the penalty spot but he struck the crossbar. Thankfully it wasn’t costly as we strolled to victory in our most convincing performance this season.

Player of the Month

View attachment 323265

Mustafi was my player of the month as he was solid at the back whilst featuring in all of our matches this month.

End of year awards

European Golden Boy
View attachment 323264

Suso won European Golden Boy!!!

Golden Ball/Ballon D'Or
View attachment 323263

World Player of the Year
View attachment 323262

League Table

View attachment 323261

We’re top of the table but Real Madrid have three games in hand.

VALENCIA
View attachment 322437
January

View attachment 322436

Just the nine matches this month! The team exceeded my expectations in winning seven of the nine matches and drawing the remaining two.

vs. Real Madrid
View attachment 322435

The month kicked off with a top of the table clash against Real Madrid. I wasn’t feeling too confident heading into the match and I expected a heavy defeat. They dominated the match from the off and Ronaldo and Bale were causing my fullbacks major problems. However, 17 year-old Bilal Ould-Chikh managed to cut inside Coentrao and coolly slotted the ball past Casillas to put us one up!!! I was ecstatic yet nervous as I hoped we could hold onto the lead until halftime. Unfortunately that wasn’t the case as Kroos was able to find the back of the net from the edge of the area. I offered the lads some encouragement at halftime and let them know they were still in this. Bale had a number of easy chances that could of put them ahead but he blasted them wide. Negredo then repaid my faith in him as he put the ball in the net after an error by Casillas. I told the lads to sit back and we just about held on for the win!

Our second tie in the Spanish Cup came against Rayo who put up a fight as we only managed to scrape a draw with Alcacer getting both the goals for us.

The games were coming thick and fast as we played Celta. They were the better team but we were able to find the net as Ould-Chikh scored again and Suso struck early in the second half to give us the win.

The second leg of our Spanish cup-tie against Rayo proved to be an easier match than the first as we walked to a 4-1 victory with Suso and Alcacer scoring one a piece and Ould-Chikh netting a brace.

We weren’t able to find a way past the wall Almeria had built at the back, which resulted in a boring 0-0 draw.

We faced Athletic Bilbao in the quarter final of the Spanish Cup and to be honest I wouldn’t have been bothered if we were eliminated at this stage. However, we put in a dominant performance and went out deserved 2-0 winners with Negredo and De Paul scoring the goals.

I was determined to beat Sevilla as Bielsa slagged me off in the media before the match. Zuculini gave us the lead early on and then scored a 30-yard screamer, which was probably the best goal we’ve scored this season, to put us two up. Reyes pulled one backed late on for Sevilla to make for a nervy end to the match but we held on for yet another win.

Athletic Bilbao had to go all out attack to get back into the tie so I decided to play on the counter. It paid off as we had the better of the chances. Susaeta opened the scoring for Athletic but Ould-Chikh leveled the score. We put the tie to bed in the second half with Alcacer chipping the ‘keeper and Piatti scoring his first of the season. We face Barcelona in the semi-final…

The month came to an end against Malaga. It felt as if they set out cripple my players as four of them picked up injuries. However, they weren’t able to stop the formidable BILAL OULD-CHIKH!!!

Player of the Month

View attachment 322434

This was obvious as only one player was truly worthy of this award and it was BILAL OULD-CHIKH. Six goals (one against Real Madrid!!!) and two assists for the youngster. He has been superb since coming into the team and I regret not starting him sooner.

League Table

View attachment 322432

We’re five points clear at the top but Real Madrid have three games in hand and I expect them to close the game.

View attachment 322433

In other news I have signed a new contract with the club until 2017. Not to say that I will stay here for that long but hopefully it will give me enough time to win the league.

Transfers

View attachment 322431

Transfer Window Roundup

View attachment 322430

Exciting times in Spain…

VALENCIA
View attachment 321767

February

1st leg vs. Barcelona
View attachment 321766

February began with the first leg of the Spanish Cup semi final against Barcelona. I was hoping that we would be able to grab a goal or two and still be in with a chance when they came to our place. We didn’t get off to the best start as Vezo managed to stick the ball in his own net to put us 1-0 down after 9 minutes. However, Suso soon pulled on back for us with a lovely bit of play. Things were looking up as we approached halftime but my defenders switched off and left Rafinha unmarked and he wasn’t going to miss a chance to put them 2-1 up before the break. As the second half began I hoped that Barcelona wouldn’t be able to stretch their lead but a mazy run from Neymar ended with cool finish. 3-1 inside sixty minutes and it didn’t seem like they were done just yet. Neymar made his way off only to be replaced by Messi! My hope of us staying in this tie were slipping away and Mustafi only made things worse when he brought down Messi in the box and he converted the penalty as he so often does. Thankfully the massacre ended at 4-1 and surely Barcelona had booked themselves a place in the final…

View attachment 321765

Up next was a league match against Espanyol who were not willing to give us an easy win after our thrashing midweek. They took the lead after 19 minutes but Suso pulled one back to put us back on level terms. Espanyol soon struck again and held the lead till the break. I told them how useless they were and it got through to Suso as he scored another equaliser. Ould-Chikh then put us in the lead for the first time in the game as we started to take control of the game. Ould-Chikh scored his second late on to give us a 4-2 win.

2nd leg vs. Barcelona
View attachment 321764

I went in to the second leg of the Spanish Cup with no hope of making it to the final and both sides fielded weakened teams. We got off to a flier with Negredo scoring a cracking goal from outside the box in the 1st​ minute! Feghouli made it 2-0 after 5 minutes and we were back in it! Could we get another and win this on away goals?! Negredo soon found the net again to give us the 3-0 lead we needed. Now we just needed to hang on for the remaining seventy minutes… We sat back and defended for our lives.
Parejo came this close to making it 4-0 in the 75th​ minute:
View attachment 321757

But the three goals were enough to send us through to the final!!!

We are up against Real Madrid in the final…

View attachment 321763

After our most dramatic game of the season we played Getafe. We were as poor as I’ve ever seen but fortunately enough Negredo was brought down in the box and he scored the penalty.

A short month came to and end against Cordoba where two early goals from Suso and a late goal from Felipe Augusto gave us a comfortable win.

Player of the Month

View attachment 321760

Suso was by far the best player this month while scoring five goals and registering just the one assist.

League Table

View attachment 321758

We’re four points ahead of Real Madrid but they still have two games in hand. The gap between fourth and fifth is a massive fourteen points. We have players featuring in all but the top goalscorers chart.

Really nice updates so far and great results. Don't know if BBVA is the best league to start in though, might be hard to win the league title over RM!

VALENCIA
View attachment 321487

March

View attachment 321486

An almost perfect month began against Real Sociedad. We were always in control and Mustafi’s first goal of the season gave us the lead. Suso then doubled the lead in the second half with a fantastic header.

Next up was a tough trip to Atletico Madrid and we didn’t get off to a great start as Griezmann scored a 30-yard screamer within ten minutes of kickoff. But my encouragement from the sideline was enough to inspire Negredo to score a cracking goal himself. Rodrigo later put us in the lead with a classy finish. It was a quiet game after that and we went home with an important win.

Deportivo put up no real contest as Zuculini gave us the lead early on and we were awarded a penalty shortly after as Suso was brought down in the box and Negredo converted. I thought we would go on to score a few more, but we didn’t.

The match against Elche ruined my month as we conceded from early from a corner, which came after Diego Alves saved a shot that was going wide! We had chance after chance but just couldn’t find the net. My players were either missing the goal completely or their ‘keeper was pulling off an amazing save! We finally pulled a goal back in the 71st​ minute through Suso, which should have been his third of the match. It seemed as though it just wouldn’t be our day, as we couldn’t find a winner.

This sort of made up for it but if we had won we would have been five points clear.
View attachment 321485

Youth Intake

Three decent players came in through the youth intake; I doubt that I’ll be around when they reach their peak though.

The best of the lot was probably Jorge Sanz who looks as though he could be a decent player in a few seasons.

View attachment 321484

Next up was Daniel Orduna who seems like a pacey winger that will run with the ball and whip in a cross…

View attachment 321483

Lastly was Dani Garcia who looks like he could be a good goalkeeper in time

View attachment 321482

Player of the Month

View attachment 321481

I tried to give it to someone else but none of the others game close to Suso so he gets the award for the fifth time this season. I’m gonna miss this lad next season as I doubt we’ll be able to bring him here permanently. He scored two and assisted a two more this month.

League Table

View attachment 321480

We are three points clear and Real Madrid have no games in hand! They had a terrible month by their standards drawing two and losing one as well as being knocked out the Champions League by Arsenal. However, Barcelona are back in the title race after their thrashing of Real Madrid.

Really nice updates so far and great results. Don't know if BBVA is the best league to start in though, might be hard to win the league title over RM!

Thanks mate. It has been tough but not having to play in Europe has definitely helped us out and it will be even tougher next season.