If you are managing an underdog team train your Central Defenders Pace and Acceleration, if you are managing top team, get faster Central Defenders like Dayot Upamecano

I have the same problem....the winger just glide past my full back , cross and bang! The opposition CF score a goal...

Will faster central defender help? Wonder how to stop all those crosses coming in....

I have the same problem....the winger just glide past my full back , cross and bang! The opposition CF score a goal...

Will faster central defender help? Wonder how to stop all those crosses coming in....

Hey, like many other game fans here, I believe ME abuses crosses a bit too much.

Has anyone tried these OIs (show onto foot), looks logical enough to help in this regards? I am using one of the 352 WBs tactics. Conceded only 1 cross so far in 6-7 matches. But my defense is quite strong, so can't really judge the impact.

RB - Left Foot
LB - Rght Foot

RWB - Left Foot
LWB - Right Foot

MR - Left Foot
ML - Right Foot

AMR - Left Foot
AML - Right Foot

Hey Jackson, did you send your tweak to MR. L's testing league? It would be interesting to note down the results.

However, the original shaolin 4141 didn't do very well even excluding 352WB formations.

Also, stephanhk created this formation (41221) as well based on his original 4141. Only roles different in your tweak is IF(a) instead of IF(s), and AF(a) instead of DLF(a). And your PIs for front 3 are minimal.

I have tried shaolin 4141, and it seems to play great counter attacking opportunities. Your tweak is better in attack definitely. However, why not add "Shoot less Often" to IFs as well.

Also, I will look to change IF(a) to IF(s) with PI "Get Further Forward", this way IFs attack the same way as IF(a), but more efficient while defending.

Correction for the above post:

The original did pretty well in the testing and was rated 5 star as well. Your tweak should be an improvement since the GD should be better.

Ratings: overall 63, Sub-top 70, underdog 56
Goals scored: 390
Goals against: 221
GD: 69

Sorry, it seems I am bombing your thread, but I am excited to try this good old 433 formation in year 3 of game with below line-up:

ter Stegen

Semedo / Pique / Romagnoli / Alba

Busquets

Sergi Roberto / Coutinho

Messi / Suarez / Dembele

Correction for the above post:

The original did pretty well in the testing and was rated 5 star as well. Your tweak should be an improvement since the GD should be better.

So
Ratings: overall 63, Sub-top 70, underdog 56
Goals scored: 390
Goals against: 221
GD: 69

Sorry, it seems I am bombing your thread, but I am excited to try this good old 433 formation in year 3 of game with below line-up:

ter Stegen

Semedo / Pique / Romagnoli / Alba

Busquets

Sergi Roberto / Coutinho

Messi / Suarez / Dembele

So what is your changes about the tactic for make it more efficient?

So what is your changes about the tactic for make it more efficient?

Already suggested. IFs to be changed from IF (a) to IF (s) with PIs: Get further forward, Shoot less often.

This tactic is suited to my team, man utd. Started the rebuild that mourinho needs to do this summer, sold smalling, blind, darmian and fellaini. Signed alex sandro, de ligt, fred, arthur and zivkovic. Undefeated so far. Beat madrid for super cup. Promising start

Hello people. I've been using this tactic for 4 years with Blackburn

1st season - Champions of League 1
2nd season - finished 6th in Championship (lost in play-offs to Newcastle)
3rd season - Champions of Championship
4th season - finished 9th in Prem
5th season - finished 2nd in Prem
6th season - Currently 2nd in Sept. i have made a tweak this season which has lead me to 6-1 at home to United, 4-1 away to Dortmund and 5-0 at home to Liverpool all in a row

i changed Full backs to Wing Back (attack) and on CBs i put ease of tackles...thats helped my defence and attack!

i will post screenshots when i can, im busy at the moment, but take my word for it and try it

View attachment 51542View attachment 51541

as you can see i'm far from having the best squad, youngest avg age at only 25! and low avg wage at only 49k in the PL!! i tend to go for physical style type players as you need a lot of fitness for closing down..and technical style players for attacking

Last edited:
Hey Jackson, did you send your tweak to MR. L's testing league? It would be interesting to note down the results.

However, the original shaolin 4141 didn't do very well even excluding 352WB formations.

Also, stephanhk created this formation (41221) as well based on his original 4141. Only roles different in your tweak is IF(a) instead of IF(s), and AF(a) instead of DLF(a). And your PIs for front 3 are minimal.

I have tried shaolin 4141, and it seems to play great counter attacking opportunities. Your tweak is better in attack definitely. However, why not add "Shoot less Often" to IFs as well.

Also, I will look to change IF(a) to IF(s) with PI "Get Further Forward", this way IFs attack the same way as IF(a), but more efficient while defending.

No, for some reason I couldn't be able to upload to tweak to that site actually, but believe me I really wanna see the testing results !!. Yeah I tried Shaolin 4141 and it didn't really impress me. So I just changed some mentality and some position as you know, IW to IF duty. You asked why I didn't give Shoot Less Often to IF's, tbh personally I love to see an impact on the game from wingers, maybe the reason that I didn't do that is this. They make assists and goals a lot. So I didn't change anything on the insctruction on wingers after I saw how they effected the game.

I must say I am impressed :) keep it up mate :))!!!

It's a great tactic!! makes your IF score a lot and striker scores as much as he should. My only concern was the defence, i finished second because i out scored, had the 5th worst defence in the league, but i can only assume thats because im blackburn and my defenders had avg tackling of 12.

Im starting a new file, will update you soon

Sooo, what is the best training atm?

i use tactics high (or average when midweek games) and use attack movement at all times
pre season i use fitness and match tactics

i use tactic training because my manager profile, my best attribute is tactic training, if yours is attacking or defending then i suggest you use that as your training so you can get the max out of it

Player instructions

Can you please post your player instructions as I can download on the ipad

thanks

do you use any individual training, if so what?

yes i did and can i say, things like training have little effects to results, just as long you keep the morale...i used individual player training depending on the player, for example, an attacking full back (like Bellerin) made them train RB WING BACK, but a defensive full back (like Ivanovic) i would just put Full Back but if im training a youth player i put him on complete full back...young strikers i out on complete striker but experienced i put advanced forward

match training i left teamwork on all season for a season so it gets majority of players in the same social group and all bonding, that worked great but you notice when everyone is roughly in the same group i needed to change match training to defensive postioning...general training i used physical and tactical because compared to the league thats what i needed to work on..every team is different

will post some new results with colchester soon!! i was in league 2 predicted to finish 6th and finished 1st with 100 and something points....league 1 predicted to finish 20th again finished 1st with 100 and something points...now in championship and currently 1st, predicted to finish 23rd!!

hands down best tactic in fm18!!! should get more views and downloads than the other tactics posted, specially better than unrealistic 3 striker where you can play a CB up top and score 20