andreadox

Reaction score
Hi! first of all sorry for my bad english but i'll try to make it as understandable as i can.
ok after an embarrassing start i'm getting better with defensive movements and with tactics in general; i try to adapt them to the opponent and i'm getting better. i still have one or 2 problems with the offensive movements and i would like to ask for some help.
i'm playing with a fast forward (pato) set as a poacher and i also set his movements in running into channels.
i want my players to pass the ball deep to him to use his speed and be in front of the gk. i set the 2 inside forwards playing on the wings + the offensive midfilder + deep lying playmaker to make through passes often but anyway nothing happens. the forward tries to start running many times but nobody passes the ball to him! they prefer to make a 2 meters pass. even the passing settings are set on direct passes but it doesn't work!! how do i solve it?
the second problem is that when i start a counter after a corner my players instead of running to the goal they run first to the side line and then they aim straight to the corner flag! what the **** is wrong with them?
i hope that i could make you understand what i meant.
thank you for the help
Andrea

Hi! first of all sorry for my bad english but i'll try to make it as understandable as i can.
ok after an embarrassing start i'm getting better with defensive movements and with tactics in general; i try to adapt them to the opponent and i'm gaetting better. i still have one or 2 problems with the offensive movements and i would like to ask for some help.
i'm playing with a fast forward (pato) set as a poacher and i also set his movements in running into channels.
i want my players to pass the ball deep to him to use his speed and be in front of the gk. i set the 2 inside forwards playing on the wings + the offensive midfilder + deep lying playmaker to make through passes often but anyway nothing happens. the forward tries to start running many times but nobody passes the ball to him! they prefer to make a 2 meters pass. even the passing settings are set on direct passes but it doesn't work!! how do i solve it?
the second problem is that when i start a counter after a corner my players instead of running to the goal they run first to the side line and then they aim straight to the corner flag! what the **** is wrong with them?
i hope that i could make you understand what i meant.
thank you for the help
Andrea

1. ) Its mainly because you are playing as Milan( top team in the game). This means that because the opponent sits deep and have many players behind the ball, theet is little space for him to run into, making it almost impossible to put a ball in behind the defence. If looking at a match in full mode, you will probably see that your players are attempting these passes every now and then, but as they rarely result in a chance, they dont end up in the highlights.

2.) Them trying to find free space, looking for a pass into this free space seing that the opposition has left central plaers behind ?. It also has to do with a glitch that will be sorted out in further patches

Last edited:
hahaha milan top team...that made me laugh!!
anyway that means that fast forwards playing for big teams cannot use their main weapon...how should i play them then? any suggestion on how to use their speed anyway?
i'm not going to sell pato to buy jan koller...
btw look at Andrea Pirlo(in real life i mean): he makes 60 meters passes behind the defenders and the forwards are always alone in front of the gk. it must be possible to make 15 meters passes behind the defenders in fm!

Last edited:
Who have you got in your team as the creators (the pirlo type players) because if you have players with good passing, decisions and vision, like i do with my Juventus save, i use control as match type to probe the final third around the opponents box to try and drag the defenders out of position and with the stats i mentioned above providing Pato is in the correct position when the defence is dragged out, the creators will find him. :)

hi!
i play with montolivo as dl playmaker, wellington nem as advanced forward, el sharaawy and boyan as inside forwards on the wings. they are good players with good passing attributes but they simply don't pass the ball behind the defenders...

hahaha milan top team...that made me laugh!!
anyway that means that fast forwards playing for big teams cannot use their main weapon...how should i play them then? any suggestion on how to use their speed anyway?
i'm not going to sell pato to buy jan koller...
btw look at Andrea Pirlo(in real life i mean): he makes 60 meters passes behind the defenders and the forwards are always alone in front of the gk. it must be possible to make 15 meters passes behind the defenders in fm!

Yerah, in the game they are though :D

Naturally its possible to use players like Pato...but...if the opponent sits deep, then your team will have trouble putting balls over the top of the defenders so this wont be your main threat. I assume that you already are playing on the counter ? . If not, the tick the box.

I think TheBetterHalf already cleared up a lot for you, but you might also have a look at your players preferred moves. For instance setting a striker that likes to come get the ball deep as a poacher won't work. The same goes for your inside forward that might like to stay wide. Also speeding up your attacks might help.