have exactly same problem - have had every incarnation of fm (and previously cm) and have always used editor with no problem.
any more ideas?!

Had same problem but fixed it when you start new game there should be a option like fm 09 where you can select te database,altho it only says default,there is a box in the same window you can tick , still you can only select default.but if you click continue when you have ticket the box then a new window will show up with the edited database you have,should fix the problem.

if you dont get the option where to tick the box then i cant help you

Just to let you know, this is what worked for me.

First you need to copy the config.xml file somewhere else and leave just the edited database. (in /Documents/Sports Interactive/FM 2010/editor data)

Then you need to go to the Preferences tab. Unclick "Use Skin Cache". Click "Always Reload Skin on Confirm". This is how I've been told in previous games to clear the cache.

Next go to start a new game. You should get what the poster said above. The box you should see says "Change". Click that and continue, leaving default in the box at the top. The next screen you can select your database easily.

So there you go, no uninstalling. Two minutes tops.

You don't need to delete any config or sort out any cache or whatever from my point of view. Just make sure when you click new game on the main menu you tick the chage database box at the bottom and start. It should let you change your database afterwards.

OK wat u do is simple if you download the databse u have to see if the person that edited used the same patch as u have then if he has save it were it belongs then just select new game and choose the database

---------- Post added at 03:10 PM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 09:39 PM ----------

Untitled.png
i have the same problem.. but i have noticed when you start a new game and you are selecting which leagues to put in, under the new game tab theres a button that says "select editor data files" next to the "select leagues" but even though i have saved a editor data file i cant load it dunno wat to do???
press cancel wizard and use that button if it doesnt work then the patch your on is not the same as the patch that made this database

ive deleted cache and removed the config.xml and now i can select my editor file but nothing changes

Please does anyone know how we can solve this problem?

People form fm its self or anyone?

Did you have any problem after following the directions I gave earlier?

According to another poster you do not need to clear cache/reload skin but I did it just to be on the safe side.

Ive managed to load up own database.

It worked for me - Document>Sports Interactive>Football Manager 2010>editor data>

the 'editor data' folder had two files in it, my saved database called "update1" and the second file called "config". I deleted the "config" file.

I then loaded up fm10 and selected new game, was the given the option to change the database (like it used to on fm09) you then tick the small box at the bottom of the window. it then takes you to another larger window and your database (mine - update1) is then ticked and press confirm. done! hope this helps, if not - good luck.

Worked for me too

THANKSS

I have the same problem, when i go to new game i dont get that option of the tick box option. I have even given up on the creating a league idea and went for the transfer edit that was posted up here and I cant even get that to work on my PC. i save in editor-data but when i look in editor-data after i have started new game its has nothing saved. : (

Try this: Copy the original database folder called "1000" from /Football Manager 2010/data/db to users/files/Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2010/db and paste it there. Got the box in the New Game screen, but can't still select my database when i tick the change box. It just says default and when i click OK it goes to the "select editor data"page and its empty.

i have managed to get the box to appear where i can select a new database, but the new database i have saved does not appear anywhere. it jus says there are no new databases to load. any ideas??

The only cache i can find is the skin one :S

---------- Post added at 06:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:38 PM ----------

------------------help--------------

Hey if your still having problems loading your own custom database, try this;
1) Open the preferences menu
2) Under the general tab, untick the use wizard option
3) Under the display and sound tab, untick use skin caché and tick the the option below it (something about reloading skins)
4) Start the game (new game) a small window should appear, click change box then continue
5) Once the game has loaded for a bit, click the database you want to use then continue
6) follow the game through the settings (database size, countries ect) and onto the manager creater screen, pick your team and it should load up with the database you created

Hey if your still having problems loading your own custom database, try this;
1) Open the preferences menu
2) Under the general tab, untick the use wizard option
3) Under the display and sound tab, untick use skin caché and tick the the option below it (something about reloading skins)
4) Start the game (new game) a small window should appear, click change box then continue
5) Once the game has loaded for a bit, click the database you want to use then continue
6) follow the game through the settings (database size, countries ect) and onto the manager creater screen, pick your team and it should load up with the database you created

i have saved my database but it does not appear when i need to select a new database to use. any ideas?

hmm in your documents folder, under sports interactive > football manager 2010 > Editor Data
delete config.xml then do the above steps

hmm in your documents folder, under sports interactive > football manager 2010 > Editor Data
delete config.xml then do the above steps

hi, ive tried that and now it is showingm y new databases but the info that i have changed in the editor has not changed on the game when i tick the new database to load.

Last edited:
oh thats strange, seems like one solution for everytime you start up the game (my post with the numbered instructions no longer works for when i want to play as barca). has anyone actually contacted SI for help on this? as it seems very unlikely for them to make it this difficult. maybe its to do with your OS? as i found FM09 worked perfectly on xp but not at all on windows 7

i had the same problem as many people. Editor does not seem to work for me. But my advice to any who wants to change the game is to download the real time editor and use that. Very easy to use and works instantly.