London 2012

*Jamess*

Reaction score
So there is 1 year till the Olympics start. Are any of you going?

My town Huntingdon was just on Sky Sports News

I didn't bother putting in for any tickets, too much of a farce but would have love to have gone. When does the carrying of the torch start? That will be a spectacle to follow all over the UK!

didn't go for any tickets, hope it rains 100% of the time and the event is a shambles.

didn't go for any tickets, hope it rains 100% of the time and the event is a shambles.

All but sums up the British public these days :/

Can't say I'm particularly looking forward to them tbh, although I should imagine I will watch it. A bit annoyed they had to cancel Glastonbury for it though!

I'm going to the basket ball preliminary rounds and going to the road cycling at boxhill. Going to be great :p

i only have that opinion because the country refused to back manchester's olympic bids in 1996 and 2000, and the commenwealth bid for 02 all though that was succesful. they have also gave manchester a minimum amount of events and have built things in london which were already in manchester like the velodrome, thus giving more money and jobs to londoners from us. disgraceful

Last edited:
Meh. Find the Olympics boring tbh. Never interested me much (though I did enjoy when I was younger watching Daley Thompson). Be nice for this country to do well at something for a change though, so even though won't be going/watching, will be wishing them luck.

Looking forward to team GB football team ! Will most likely watch sprinting and football ...

Should be some nice income for the country. I enjoyed staying up to watch Beijing as well. London transport isn't going to be fun, though.

Meh. Find the Olympics boring tbh. Never interested me much (though I did enjoy when I was younger watching Daley Thompson). Be nice for this country to do well at something for a change though, so even though won't be going/watching, will be wishing them luck.

This. Apart from two or three events, olympics aren't particularly compelling to me.

Should be some nice income for the country. I enjoyed staying up to watch Beijing as well. London transport isn't going to be fun, though.
**** sake, only thought about it now, hardly gonna be able to go any where.