Harryy

Reaction score
I currently play Giroud as a lone target man on attack in a 4-1-2-2-1 formation. He managed to score 25 goals and 10 assists last season in 40 games. Timo Werner is my back up striker who only scored 7 in 35 games as a poacher. I just wanted to know if anyone has a striker who scores a goal a game playing as a lone striker. Or any advice on how to improve their goalscoring record would be much appreciated. Thanks :)

I was playing Giroud as a poacher with Arsenal and he would go on goal scoring droughts for upto 16 games and thats with Ozil and Wilshere behind him!,

After reading a fm14 guide from somebody who has input into the match engine i set him as a target man/support and he scored 4 in the first game as a target man and keeps on scoring.

As TM/S he drops back and gets involed with play more rather than being isolated on his own upfront.

He goes through scoring droughts in my save and then he'll score 4 goals in 2 games and go on a drought again. I'll try playing him on support for a few games. Does he have any specific instructions? Thanks for the help.

I was playing Giroud as a poacher with Arsenal and he would go on goal scoring droughts for upto 16 games and thats with Ozil and Wilshere behind him!,

After reading a fm14 guide from somebody who has input into the match engine i set him as a target man/support and he scored 4 in the first game as a target man and keeps on scoring.

As TM/S he drops back and gets involed with play more rather than being isolated on his own upfront.

Where did you find this guide, I'm always looking for ways to improve my game and players. Thanks

Basically if you play lone striker, support role is a must (exception in my saves was Levandowski as CF on attack duty). Benteke plays excellent as TM support.

I sold Giroud at the start of my second season. He just wasn't scoring consistently enough. Got Lewandowski who finished the first season with 27 goals in 35 league games. Wilshere managed 16 goals playing trequartista behind him as well.

Basically if you play lone striker, support role is a must (exception in my saves was Levandowski as CF on attack duty). Benteke plays excellent as TM support.

Actually, that is not necessary;; depends on your tactics and players. Like, Frederico Macheda has scored 15 goals in 16 matches for Soton for me as TM -Attack, and yes, he is a lone striker. Lambert has scored 14 in 17, again as a lone striker - TM Attack. In United, van Persie scored 30 off 31 games as Poacher Attack, also as a lone striker//