Made-up scenario: FC Cadaques: youth team in Spanish divison B. Take them to the top!

SuperMattio

Reaction score
Hi!
Here's a really fun game for anyone feeling up for something new. It's a result of my love for the game, for art history/culture and the north-east Spanish region.

INTRODUCTION
This is an edited save, put together with the in-game editor, in which I created a club in northern Spain called FC Cadaques, nicknamed Los Artistas (the artists). The club will make its first appearance in the Spanish division B4 this year (August 2011).

Next to the city of Cadaques lays a small and very beautiful town called Figueres, and this is the town all our players are from. It's population loves football and are a very loyal bunch of people. In fact this entire region is thrilled about their new team and will support it through thick and thin. But still the team has a rather non-existing reputation.

The club was founded in 2010 and the chairman/owner Javier Bardem built a new 8000 capacity stadium for his club (6000 seated), but being a very ambitious as well as positive character he made sure the stadium would be expandable in the future if so would be required. He named the stadium after a local legend, hence it's name The Salvador Dalí Arena. The well known surrealist painter was born in Figueres and spent a lot of time in Cadaques all throughout his life.
Javier Bardem is close friend with his neighbouring team FC Barcelona's board of directors, and they have developed a fine partnership together started at July, 2011.

Senor Bardem obviously loves his club very much and he's sitting on a solid fortune, though not sheik-like money.

His ambition was from the beginning to put together a team based on young local talents. develop them over the years and hopefully see his club climb the Spanish league ladder. He built top training facilities right next to the stadium and hired key staff members. He added average youth facilities but will look into upgrades in a few years time if such would be warranted.

FC Cadaques has a slightly different-from-normal squad structure; It's based on one squad primarily; the senior squad, being based on 16 year old local prospects and it has no reserve- nor youth team. (The game will add a bunch of youth players during the gameplay, it's inevitable)

STAFF AND PLAYERS
The chairman has so far contracted the following staff members, all with good abilities and high potential. But unfortunately he has yet to find a suitable manager (wink-wink):

Assistant Manager, Joan Miro
Coach, Diego Velazquez
Coach, Luis Bunuel
Goalkeeping coach, Julio Iglesias
Fitness coach, Paz Vega
Physio, Penelope Cruz
Scout, Federico Garcia Lorca

PS - Be smart with your coaches and their training assignments!

He has also contracted 22 players, all just 16 years old though under a full-time contract until 2015.

2 goalkeepers
2 right fullbacks

4 central defenders
2 left fullbacks
2 defensive midfielders, also capable of playing central midfielders
2 central midfielders
2 central attacking midfielders
2 right midfielders, also capable of playing right wingers
2 left midfielders, also capable of playing left wingers
2 strikers

Now it's up to the new manager to shape all these pieces of coal and turn them into diamonds, capable of going all the way up to highest division. Would this happen, the affiliation with FC Barcelona will immediately seize to exists as they cannot, under the rules of their relationship, play in the same division.

TACTICS
I shaped the squad with my preferred line-up in mind, a basic 4-1-2-2-1. But I also wanted the team to be able to quickly switch to either a more offensive line-up (4-2-3-1) or a more defensive oriented one (a deep 4-2-3-1).

I have included my tactics in the rar file if you want to try those out. I'm sure they could do with a tweak or two but they have worked well enough for me.
As for training I used Maestro Ugo's schedules with good success.

I have seen the best results with the smallest pitch size available.

The game needs Spain loaded down to division B, large database. You can add whichever leagues you want of course, but you need Spain. FC Cadaques is located in B4.

The uploaded rar file contains:

1 editor data folder containing the file FC Cadaques.xml
1 tactics folder containing three tactics: Starting, Defending and Attacking.tac
1 schedules folder containing Ugo's fantastic training regime for senior and youth players

These are to be placed in the correct folder before launching a new game (C:/User/My documents/Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2012/

I hope you will enjoy it!! I know I did and still do. And if there is anything you feel like adding, questions, comments, complaints, praise... please let me know.

PS - I added an updated editor file with a few added tweaks. Use this new one for the best gaming experience.

Last edited:
looks interesting mate , will look forward to test it after the holiday .

Good luck to you :)

I've downloaded the scenario, looking forward to play it :)
Good work! :)

Thanks guys, and good luck playing the game. As I said in another thread, this is by far the most fun save I have ever played on any FM version.
I did make a few mistakes though... minor ones which won't effect the game in any way. For example, the chairman didn't get his title "chairman" and instead it says "unknown". No biggie, but if you hang on until tomorrow I'll upload a new edited edit. :)

I'm in my 3rd season, won promotion through the playoffs in first year, finished 7th, one spot outside playoffs in La Liga Adalente in my second season, have 6 or 7 games left at the end of my 3rd season, currently in 2nd place but tied on points with 1st, and finished Runner Up in the Copa D'el Rey to Barcelona, losing it on Penalties! Marcus Vinicius is currently my best player at 135 CA, although the majority of players have earnt Youth callups with Spain. Had a player come through the Youth ranks over 160 Potential, and have signed 3 youngsters over 160 PA :) Having trouble raising the reputation of the club so signings are hard to come by, although earning Europa qualification spot through the Copa D'el Rey will surely raise that (Barcelona don't need the spot through leading La Liga). Really enjoying this challenge.

That's great Steven!
I also had problems making new signings, and maybe that's something which ought to be fixed for an updated editor file.
If you find anything else you feel might have been better, or different, please let me know.

BCFCfirthy
What's the problem?

I'm not sure how it could be fixed via the editor, my problem was that I hadn't won anything to raise my reputation, I got in La Liga Adalente through playoffs =/ I don't know if there's anything in the editor that controls how quickly your rep grows, or how the game works out rep at all, but it doesn't seem to consider league position at the end of the season very heavily. I mean I finished 7th in L2 yet my rep was below most Segunda B and even a lot of Non-Division teams still =/ I've just finished my 3rd season and won L2 so I'll see when the new rankings come out and let you know, hopefully I'll shoot up now. On the other hand, the low reputation does help you keep your players from being poached too much

I guess one could use an external editor such as FMRTE to give the rep a bit of a boost... but as you point out; the modest rep does help keep the players at the club.

What kind of tactic(s) are you playing with if I may ask?

I'm actually mainly using the standard tactic you gave with the file, the 4-1-2-2-1, but I have also dabbled with a 4-3-1-2 to utilise Tomas and Fernandez, who have both become prolific goal scorers, I felt it was a waste having one on the bench late on in my 3rd season, where Fernandez had already scored 20 odd goals but started dropping in form and Tomas had struck some good form in the Copa D'el Rey, they both finished the season with more than 25 goals.
Vinicius is incredible at CB, and Sergio Cabalenas has really grown in this last season after developing more slowly in the first 2. I use FMRTE and Genie Scout to keep tracks of their development, but haven't cheated at all, the only change I've made is to their kits and colours! One thing I dislike at the moment is I am stuck with 3 awful sponsors, 2 end at the end of 2015, the other in 2016. When these change and create some big bucks, I'm going to add sponsors to the kits I made.
I would also really like someone to make a logo for them! Something orange with an Artist's brush would be amazing, or something really modern, in my head Los Artistas are kind of like the Oregon Ducks college american football team, built on a brand of being fashionable, young and cool, and then the players and fans follow!
I've thought about this way too much. :p

Out of interest: did you quickly end up using a preferred starting XI, or did you, as I did, try to give all players equal playing time? I think it wasn't until the third season I started using a more selective approach and using a set starting XI.

// Matt

Good luck Rik,
I just started a new save as it was quite a while ago I did it originally.
Maybe this time I can take the team further than the last time around. I got them to Liga BBVA but ended up somewhere in the lower half. Then my PC crashed. :(

I'm haflway first season, every La Liga club is wanting my players :( But I get to keep a hang on them!
I'm in third place now, two points behind leaders Cadiz. After a pretty bad start, I'm going for promotion straight away!

I'll keep you updated!

I thought about giving the players an even higher loyalty-stat, but as the chairman Senor Bardem won't interfere and is very patient you should be able to keep a hold of them. For now at least. :)

I got promotion the first season after play-offs. New season and three out of three losses so far. Need to get my act together.
Thinking about getting an additional striker, or training a winger into a new position and change to a 4-4-2 formation.

I just holidayed through the season and became Champions! Same points as number 2 but a better goal difference got me the title!
To bad Spain has a difficult promotion system and I had a lot of work to gain promotion with the play-offs, but I'm off to Liga Adalante!

I used a 4-1-2-2-1 like you suggested but made my own tactic around it, a good possession game with a Deep Lying Forward who got 28 goals in 40 appearences. My two wingers both got into double figures too!

Giving this a go! Can't believe I didn't find this sooner! Looking forward to seeing what I can do! Might try and bring in some 'older' free's just to sure up the side, and use their experience to help bring the youngsters forward!

That would be a very good idea. A bit of mentoring (that's not really a word, is it?) can really help the development of these young kids.
Still I use a very rigid sqaud rotation philosophy, making sure all players get playing time. Soon I think I'll try to be more selective though and might work out a preferred starting XI.