Metal

TheHig

Reaction score
If you like metal please talk about anything to do with it here, I love it, its what I mostly listen to.80s thrash is my favorite, but I also love the gothenberg melodic metal scene, and some new metal core bands.
A big fan of old school death metal bands and older black metal. I just love all heavy music lol.

At the moment I'm checking out old Dream Theater tracks

rust in peace :)
only trash band I like is Sepultura, metallica is overrated.
Big fan of old school metal too!!!!!!!
Black Top 5:
Nargaroth
Marduk
Immortal
Burzum
Judas Iscariot

You listen to epic metal? Hammerfall, Rhapsody, etc...?

yeah i got into hammerfall after i heard legacy of kings

Gotten more into metal over the past 12-18 months.

Quite like Thrash but my tatses there are still really limited to early Metallica and Megadeth, need to listen to more.

Favourite subgenre of metal is post-metal/sludge rock/stoner rock. Big fan of Kyuss, Black Sabbath (Ozzy era, although ive started listening to the Dio stuff, different but i like it), Pelican etc

Going to Download this summer as well, but its not that truely hardcore metal but still probs as metal a festival as youll get in this country

more into epic,melodic and power metal.

My fav stuff are

Sonata Arctica
Dream Theater
Gamma Ray
Helloween
Dragonforce
Rhapsody
Hammerfall
Edguy
Michael Kiske
Place Vendome
Angra
Shaaman
Avantasia

dont mind stuff like Metallica,Tool,Ozzy,Slayer,Maiden,Dio,Sabbeth,BLS but i wouldnt say im a huge fan.

Dont like Tool at all except the odd guitar sound in Schivism but that gets dull after about a minute.

Really hate Dream Theatre, such a pink flloyd fan, middle aged mans band

Dream theatre are one of my favorite bands..........tool are metal ?

Id say alt metal but more alt than metal

I'm not really into metal, my mate loves tool though. I have listened to them and think Lateralus and Schism are decent.

It's Dream Theater. been doing my head in your wrong spelling the last 5 years Greg

I spell it different everytime tbh

here goes a notsosmart question: are the maiden movies any good? I mean, are they bad even for a hardcore fan of maiden?

and tool is to be considered metal, but I really wouldn't know why, sigur ros is closest to them. And to hte light metal listeners, stratovarius and nightwish are both musts, am listening to blaze bayley solo work now and its not bad, recommended for any maiden-judas priest-nwobhm fan.

On the epic side, Luca Turilli's solo work is worth a look, if you really love rhapsody.

It's Rhapsody of Fire these days :S

dont know why

some legal problem, and these days they're nothing, no tours, no albums, Luca Turilli is similar, I think he's the guitarist of rhapsody but his work ain't as good as rhapsody but ****, for a rhpasoy HUGE fan like I am it is OK, waiting for the band to reunite though. A decent power-epic metal band is Mago de Oz, spanish lads very good, but like always nothing close to hammerfall or rhapsody, or even dragonforce.
A little more heavy but melodical band is Ensiferum, watched them live, loved them they've made a couple albums.
okay, and I see there are some ''beginners'' in the metal thing, don't die without having listened to motorhead!!!!!

<object width="480" height="295"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ffIYFiFldvA&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ffIYFiFldvA&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="295"></embed></object>

I don't mind Toxic Narcotic, Municipal Waste and Nausea. They're good thrash bands. Only problem I have with metal is how ridiculous it seems to be and also how many ****** bands there seems to be. Bands like Dragonforce are an embarassment. Metal kids are always stuck up ****** as well. "This band is well more metal and better than your band", "Dude that guy plays like 50 solos in that one song", "Dude this guy growls so deep it sounds like his head's gonna split in half". Who cares?

Last edited:
rust in peace :)
only trash band I like is Sepultura, metallica is overrated.
Big fan of old school metal too!!!!!!!
Black Top 5:
Nargaroth
Marduk
Immortal
Burzum
Judas Iscariot

You listen to epic metal? Hammerfall, Rhapsody, etc...?

i wouldn't say metallica is overrated, not because i'm a huge fan, but they have reached the top long time ago, and probably wont make any more awesome songs like they made in the 80's and early 90's. but still, when i see them live, i almost get an ******...what

lol AD

Well they are passionate about there music. Not there fault people with your music taste qq when you hear songs or cut yourself? or moan about how life is unfair and how you wanna hump your mum?

Whats wrong with Dragonforce?

I don't mind Toxic Narcotic, Municipal Waste and Nausea. They're good thrash bands. Only problem I have with metal is how ridiculous it seems to be and also how many ****** bands there seems to be. Bands like Dragonforce are an embarassment. Metal kids are always stuck up ****** as well. "This band is well more metal and better than your band", "Dude that guy plays like 50 solos in that one song", "Dude this guy growls so deep it sounds like his head's gonna split in half". Who cares?

Dragonforce is a type of metal, you can't say nightwish and cradle of filth are the same kind of music. Obviously if what you want is gore and suicide it is not recommended. And guitarists are fundamental in metal, what do you listen to? the beautiful drums that go 1-1-1-2 1-1-1-2????? And ****, comparing singers is kinda funny... that it looks ridiculous and that there is a lot of ****** bands, you've got a point. Kids are kids...
Yeah, and for their defense, although ive been a bit like that, it is difficult for a kid nowadays to explain to another one that system of a down is considered metal only by britney spears fan, add linking park, slipknot I mean they're not even a style of metal, they're denied and despised by most metal bands. Since metal is way on his way to extinction at least protect the memory (now, that's an opinion)

Last edited:
there are ****** bands in all genres, and also good, its no different with metal. Linkin Park and slipknot are not metal. Well slipknot are nu metal I guess but they suck.