Nadal Wins US Open

Jak

Reaction score
Rafael Nadal has won the US open and has become the seventh to win all the slams.

I can't congratulate Rafa enough as he has put so much work in to become the best player in the world. When he was first around many (including me) thought he may just be a clay court player but he has shown he can be frighteningly deadly on all surfaces. that is a testament to the amount of work he has put in. Personally I thought he wouldn't win the US open as this is his weakest surface but he really has put me in my place and I can only say congratulations. The only worry is how long can he keep it up for? His game relies so much on his physical state and his body can only take that punishment for so long. He's already had operations on his knees which is scary for someone of only 23 years of age. Only time will tell how fit he can stay. I would love to see him break Federer's record but whether he can stay at his best for that long is a big question. What do you guys think? Did he deserve to win the US open? Will he stay fit enough to beat the all time mens grand slam record?

Great player and great athlete. I personally think Federer is too cocky so I'm glad to see Nadal winning things. He derserves it as he is more entertaining to watch than any other tennis player at the moment