The OP is 4 seasons in... Of course I would throw in the word regen now... I wouldn't say that if the OP is in the first season right? Lol....
Your conclusion is that Sissoko is not a beast because you seem to have a regen that has probably some amazing stats. I just say that bringing up a regen is not a valid argument to judge a regular player by. Especially not since Sissoko is one of the top 5 young box-to-box midfielders in the game. He only has a bit low POS and TACK, which are trainable attributes.
I know the OP is 4 years in. So I am not mentioning any options that are 23 or older at the start of the game. Buying a 27y old leading midfielder is the max I would do because 5 years later (maximum years on a contract) he is 32 and that is about the last chance you get to sell a player for serious money.

What does interest me in this topic is that nobody else but me mentions Romulo. Why is that? He is young, has great stats in defending, attacking, mental and physical aspect of the game and is also natural fit and not injury prone. So you can use him as long as you have used Gerrard.

I was just about to suggest Ward-Prowse too. Turned out good on my Chelsea save, and he is still just 21 in the 4th season.

koke 13m release clause at atletico madrid if he hasn't signed a new contract and he is amazing.

Your conclusion is that Sissoko is not a beast because you seem to have a regen that has probably some amazing stats. I just say that bringing up a regen is not a valid argument to judge a regular player by. Especially not since Sissoko is one of the top 5 young box-to-box midfielders in the game. He only has a bit low POS and TACK, which are trainable attributes.
I know the OP is 4 years in. So I am not mentioning any options that are 23 or older at the start of the game. Buying a 27y old leading midfielder is the max I would do because 5 years later (maximum years on a contract) he is 32 and that is about the last chance you get to sell a player for serious money.

What does interest me in this topic is that nobody else but me mentions Romulo. Why is that? He is young, has great stats in defending, attacking, mental and physical aspect of the game and is also natural fit and not injury prone. So you can use him as long as you have used Gerrard.

Dude seriously... You think you're a genius and everyone else suck at FM? Thats the vibe I get from every single post you post? Romulo is good but tbh... Like I said... Hes 4 seasons in... It is easy for him to find a regen with super nice stats by now... Investing in a regen now is the best option since the current super good regen are not gonna cost him that much yet... Next season and the regen can even range up to 30m for the really good ones already... Rather than investing in Romulo... Also since he is 4 seasons in you can't be too sure that romulo on his save is at a very good level... For all you know, Romulo on his save could have suffered 2 long term injuiries in his career at this point... Why I hate reccomending players once people play in their 4th season and beyond because of things like unexpected poor growth on the super awesome players or so you assume and now that there are really good regens... You always assume his players looks like what you see on your save... Thats why you don't get why I suggest regen in that situation... It is not base on the fact I have a regen with super amazing stats... And is a BBM...(As a matter of fact I have 3 super crazy BBMs regen 5 seasons into a save not just one... There is an abundance of them... Just poach...)

Will Hughes for 7m on the 4th season? The Derby Manager must have had a few swigs ._.

Will Hughes for 7m on the 4th season? The Derby Manager must have had a few swigs ._.

Nope thats the truth... After 3 seasons and he has been spending his time all in the Npower Championship, thats really how much he is worth... He isn't gonna go very far even if you buy him 7m I would estimate that within the next 5-6 seasons, the highest he would be worth if you choose to develop him would only be 20-25m... He may look really good on your save thus that 7m price tag may seems a bit weird but the truth is the 7m price tag is place on him because he is very very under developed on the OP's save.

Nope thats the truth... After 3 seasons and he has been spending his time all in the Npower Championship, thats really how much he is worth... He isn't gonna go very far even if you buy him 7m I would estimate that within the next 5-6 seasons, the highest he would be worth if you choose to develop him would only be 20-25m... He may look really good on your save thus that 7m price tag may seems a bit weird but the truth is the 7m price tag is place on him because he is very very under developed on the OP's save.

How come with some tutoring, 5 seasons time he was worth 30.25m on my save and practically destroying the teams I played against?
I haven't used editor, either.

Dude seriously... You think you're a genius and everyone else suck at FM? Thats the vibe I get from every single post you post? Romulo is good but tbh... Like I said... Hes 4 seasons in... It is easy for him to find a regen with super nice stats by now... Investing in a regen now is the best option since the current super good regen are not gonna cost him that much yet... Next season and the regen can even range up to 30m for the really good ones already... Rather than investing in Romulo... Also since he is 4 seasons in you can't be too sure that romulo on his save is at a very good level... For all you know, Romulo on his save could have suffered 2 long term injuiries in his career at this point... Why I hate reccomending players once people play in their 4th season and beyond because of things like unexpected poor growth on the super awesome players or so you assume and now that there are really good regens... You always assume his players looks like what you see on your save... Thats why you don't get why I suggest regen in that situation... It is not base on the fact I have a regen with super amazing stats... And is a BBM...(As a matter of fact I have 3 super crazy BBMs regen 5 seasons into a save not just one... There is an abundance of them... Just poach...)

Then don't respond on topics like this if "find and hope that a regen is created that is superior to all other players" is the only awnser you got. It's an irrelevant and speculative awnser. Just as good as "Romulo maybe had two big injuries". I wouldn't recommand anybody signing Messi either then if that will be the arguments.
And I don't think I am a genius. I do see myself as a player who spend more then 6000 hours in the football manager series and knows a thing or two about players, tactics and talents.

How come with some tutoring, 5 seasons time he was worth 30.25m on my save and practically destroying the teams I played against?
I haven't used editor, either.

When did you buy him? At the start of your save?

Then don't respond on topics like this if "find and hope that a regen is created that is superior to all other players" is the only awnser you got. It's an irrelevant and speculative awnser. Just as good as "Romulo maybe had two big injuries". I wouldn't recommand anybody signing Messi either then if that will be the arguments.
And I don't think I am a genius. I do see myself as a player who spend more then 6000 hours in the football manager series and knows a thing or two about players, tactics and talents.

I give up... You are too good at FM... Unstoppable...

Last edited:
I would have thought Joe Allen would have been an appropriate replacement. I would try and find one in the first 2 youth intakes so he can be tutored by Stevie G for a couple of seasons before being blooded in the first team. Paul Pogba is another who could play in a less goalscoring role I guess but you could find 3 midfielder to do his job as box to box midfieders are amongst the rarest of players in fm