Need advise/answers on Agent Ownership [Gabriel Barbosa]

pebsykid

Reaction score
View attachment 233956

So I brought in Gabriel Barbosa in my third season with Barcelona, paying 14.5M for him, but only own 40% of the player. My question is if its worth purchasing the rest of Barbosa. I know in England, along with some other leagues, you need to purchase the player in full, as third party ownership is banned, but that does not seem to be the case in Spain. Ive tried looking on this site and google, but all the questions I have come across have been to do with offering players to agents (for the smaller clubs) or about which leagues allow third party ownership. To build a bit on my question, is the only advantage of purchasing Correla's 60% of Barbosa correlate with being able to get a bigger fee if I were to sell him? (As, I assume, that I would only be selling 40% and not 100% of him). Or, are there other factors?

I am a bit hesitant to purchase the rest of him as the agent wants 20 million for him. Normally I would probably not worry about this issue, but I may be looking to move him in the following seasons, and want to collect on the largest fee I can get for him. Final question, does having Correla owning 60% of him affect his vlaue at all? I only ask because he is a starter (has been hurt this year) and has had some excellent seasons, but his value is much lower than players of the same age who have smaller contracts and less first team experience.

View attachment 233955

Thanks for any info!

Pebsy

View attachment 932271

So I brought in Gabriel Barbosa in my third season with Barcelona, paying 14.5M for him, but only own 40% of the player. My question is if its worth purchasing the rest of Barbosa. I know in England, along with some other leagues, you need to purchase the player in full, as third party ownership is banned, but that does not seem to be the case in Spain. Ive tried looking on this site and google, but all the questions I have come across have been to do with offering players to agents (for the smaller clubs) or about which leagues allow third party ownership. To build a bit on my question, is the only advantage of purchasing Correla's 60% of Barbosa correlate with being able to get a bigger fee if I were to sell him? (As, I assume, that I would only be selling 40% and not 100% of him). Or, are there other factors?

I am a bit hesitant to purchase the rest of him as the agent wants 20 million for him. Normally I would probably not worry about this issue, but I may be looking to move him in the following seasons, and want to collect on the largest fee I can get for him. Final question, does having Correla owning 60% of him affect his vlaue at all? I only ask because he is a starter (has been hurt this year) and has had some excellent seasons, but his value is much lower than players of the same age who have smaller contracts and less first team experience.

View attachment 932274

Thanks for any info!

Pebsy

Personally I like to buy 100% of players so that I can maximize the player's worth to the club. I've no proof to back this up but I'm assuming that if you only own 40% of a player's sporting rights, you won't get as much from his shirt sales, marketing from his home nation, ect. When you sell him on, you'll only receive 40% of the negotiated fee (minus any clauses)

I'm not really sure to be honest. His value seems about right considering the value of his contract. (85k p/w) x (208) = £17M+/- so his value seems proportional. If you sell him, you'd only be entitled to 40% of the fee though (I think)

Dunno,he's one of my favourite wonderkids,but he has developed poor,there are many regens that coulf be much better than him,so i would say SELL,even you own 40% of his rights.

Dunno,he's one of my favourite wonderkids,but he has developed poor,there are many regens that coulf be much better than him,so i would say SELL,even you own 40% of his rights.

Ya, especially after seeing many screenshots of him, I feel like in my save he got the lower spectrum of his PA. His dribbling was 15 and his finishing hit 16, but both dropped after an injury plagued season so far.