andym88

Reaction score
squad is as below. this is the first FM I've had for a few years, playing the touch version

GK: A Begovic
LB: M Haidara / I Strinic
CB: M Ginter / K Wimmer / H Moreno
RB: G Peruzzi / C Mbemba
CM: Danilo / A Rabiot / F Vazquez /
WLM: G Wijnaldum / F Carrizo
WRM: M Sissoko / F Thauvin
FW: A Mitrovic / A Perez / Z Clough / L Teodorczyk (currently out for 4 months)

8th first season, 5th second season, 9th third season and look set to be 9th -or worse - again.

If not for some joke results I'd have been around 5th, not 9th. Thing is as my squad has got better I've slid down the table to 9th.

I actually got to 5th using my own tactic, which was a somewhat unchanged 4-1-2-2-1 (wide), but a lot of the games were rather smash and grab, never felt convinced. Post match inbox often reflected that by saying we were lucky, which seemed to be reflected by the possession and shot count. Since then I've downloaded and tried umpteen tactics, indifferent results at home and prone to tonkings away from home.
In earlier seasons I've always felt we could be higher anyway and we seem to pick up a stupid amount of injuries, with it nit being unknown for us to have 5 subs from the reserves for weeks or months on end. In each season we have lost Perez for at least 2 months, and last season we lost Mitrovic for 3 months, which cost us a place in the Uefa Cup final - Siem De Jong was the only option as a striker and had chance after chance to put the tie to bed (Milan away 2nd leg), so I signed Clough and Teodorczyk to bolster our front line.

Any help appreciated

Last edited: