No assists/involvement from central midfield

Fenris47

Reaction score
Hi

I'm currently playing with Arsenal, running a 4-5-1/4-3-3. This is my typical starting lineup.

Giroud as poacher
Podolski and Adrian as inside forwards on attack

Carzola Ap Attack (cm)
Wilshere - B2B
Lars Bender - Anchor

Vermaelen and Mertesacker as CD's
Sagna and Monreal as FB's on support.

I play control, fluid, short passing, press more, zonal marking and more roaming.

After a ropey start of 1 win , 4 draws and 2 losses. For once I stuck with it and was delighted at the turnaround I had made by december and was 3 points behind Man city in 2nd place. But , amidst this new found joy of success, I happened to look at my overall stats for players and realised that my midfield are not creating goals or at least not creating goals directly enough to warrant an assist.

I was wondering what changes could be made to accommodate this and hopefully improvement their involvement? I must stress at this point, that Giroud as 16 goals already, scoring is not the issue. But, Adrian and Podolski and even Florenzi, who I use as Inside forward on the left, having been snatching goals and assists all over the place. Also, neither Arteta or Ramsey do any better than Carzola. (as I know he shoots long too often).

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

I have lost my way on FM and tend to pine for my glory day back on cm 97/98. lol

Its a bit hard to tell with the little amount of information but I personakly prefer to set my IFs to normal instead of cutting inside. This means they will show up in front of the goal instead of cutting inside for the shot. This way you also prevent the channels from being crowded with your own players which leads to your cms actually having room to move into and providing more assistance. This is assuming you have a lot of players set to: move into channels

u can go to mr L. rock classic tactics on his page or either on my page of tactics ....copy the CM settings same as are their . i have never seen a cm dominating the game that much ever in fm 13 .

I'll have a look at those cm settings thanks.

It very well could be the inside forwards, cutting in and crowding the place out. If you have them has wingers though, I get 20 crosses a game out of Oxlade that go nowhere. Now, whilst that would be true of Theo ... lol

I'll have a play around with the cutting in.

Never had so many problems trying to get someone to pass the ball, score yes, pass no. Thanks for your responses thus far.

I'll have a look at those cm settings thanks.

It very well could be the inside forwards, cutting in and crowding the place out. If you have them has wingers though, I get 20 crosses a game out of Oxlade that go nowhere. Now, whilst that would be true of Theo ... lol

I'll have a play around with the cutting in.

Never had so many problems trying to get someone to pass the ball, score yes, pass no. Thanks for your responses thus far.

I didn't mean to set the IFs as wingers. Just as IF-A but instead of have the wide play as Cut Inside use Normal. That way their main way of attacking is still dribbling right at the defense without clogging up the middle.

I never said you did. The entire section about wingers is a joke.

However, this won't work for me anyway, due to Adrian having cutting in as a ppm.

Jassars advice won't work either, because that's a classic tactic, running 3 dmc's from what I can see. Unless I was looking at the wrong thing.

I'll have to chalk it down to bad ME. Like the excessive long shots, I've been playing Fm /Cm since 1998 and have enjoyed every version up until 2007. I have found the more realistic the game tried to be, the hard and utterly more ridiculous the players involvement had to be.

For me, it's gone down a certain road now and I need even more realism, I need to be able to kick or throw a boot at my star players head, if he's dicking around in training, I need to threaten the players they all be fined if they don't turn around an embarrassing loss at half time.

I hope 14 will deliver a bit more control because to be honest, I don't feel there's enough at times.

I hope assistants are more useful, they should tell you in plain english what changes they believe you should bring around.

Needless to say I am bitter and twisted about the whole thing, I worked out that I have spent over a full year of my life playing fm. One whole year of my life lost to a computer game (I'm sure many of you can say the same) and the last time I had any kind of enjoyment out of it was 2011.

I gave up for a year after FM 12 and didn't miss it, I only had too watch the england womens team play for 5 minutes before I'm thinking "i'd like to give it another go." So I picked 13 up for ?7 on steam this summer, wish I'd stayed away. Might give Football Director a go. (just kidding!)

I'm given SI one more chance, 14 better be good.