Owen Hargreaves, is he worth the risk?

jagginman

Reaction score
Hi I am starting a new save with Wolves using the recent LFC Marshall transfer update. This means that Hargreaves is available on a free and that only his wages could be a stumbling block.

Now my question is whether or not I should attempt to get Hargreaves, his attributes are waaaaaaaay better than the rest of my midfield and provided he stays injury free then he should be pretty good.

But is he worth the risk considering that he will ask for 25,000+ in wages and that he gets injured seemingly everyday?

Yes. Simple as. When I had him he was a great player. Went on to become an excellent coach and assistant manager too. Don't do a Wenger-PAY UP FOR QUALITY!!!!!!!!! ;)

in FM he isn't as injury prone (for me anyway). I got him and he has played almost every game so far this season (in February atm). Dunno if Marshall will have editted his injury prone stat however. I would go for him (if you can get him of course ;) )

Yes yes yes. I don't think he got injured for more than a couple of weeks in 4-5 years on my United save.

Best midfielder in the world on a free, do it!

he played 3 seasons straight for me in my Utd 11.3 save :)

Owen-Starsky-Hutch-Signature-Do-It.jpg

he came to me with southampton on a 22k wage so you should be able to get him easy.

Go for it mate, just try to keep him fit. I'd suggest giving him a lighter training routine because his attributes aren't going to improve anyway so it would help you keep him injury free.

Torres has an Injury Proneness attribute of 18!! And doing this I managed to keep him injury free for two straight seasons. That and a bit of luck.

on the offical patch he is immense, i play him all the time along side a playmaker as he is a great ball winning midfielder

Yes. I had him later in his career for Shrewsbury in Championship and Prem for 1 season and still did well as defensive mid. Now on my coaching staff.

If I start a new save definately get him again

Yes he is a very good player and well worth the risk, he only got injured the once for me at Leicester and that was only for 2-3 days.