Paris Saint-Germain: Painting the World Red and Blue

new era

Reaction score
View attachment 460890
Peinture du Monde Rouge et Bleu

Who will be the new manager? That was the question asked by the fans and media worldwide. PSG president, Nasser Al-Khelaifi, was said to be upset and angry that Carlo Ancelotti bolted to
the Spanish capital following a very good season. In 2012/13 PSG dominated Ligue 1 and was inches from making it to the semi-finals of the Champions League (Lost a heartbreaker to Barcelona via tiebreaker). Nasser Al-Khelaifi had high hopes coming into the season, but the news of losing Ancelotti has shattered his optimism. With the season fast approaching, a manager must be hired soon.

The Guardian's List of Potential Managers
View attachment 460889View attachment 460888 View attachment 460887
Laurent Blanc.......................Arsene Wenger....................Andre Villa-Boas

PSG Looking in the Direction of Countryman
View attachment 404751
PSG has scheduled a press conference at Parc des Princes on July 1st 2013 to unveil their new manager. A reliable source claims that the manager is of French descent. Rumors are still flying around whether it could be Wenger or Blanc. Andre Villa-Boas has recently stated that he wants to stay at least one more year with Tottenham.
View attachment 460886

Nasser Al-Khelaifi looked on as the room began to fill up with excited reporters. The entire football universe has been excitedly anticipating the unveiling of the new manager. In the world of social media, it was an arbitration for information to be kept so undercover. The room began to quiet down as Nasser Al-Khelaifi pressed his mouth towards the microphone. He continued to look on, obviously trying to play up the dramatics, but after the atmosphere began to calm, the man spoke: "We are very happy today... to be able to sign such a legendary figure to PSG."

Who is this man? The room was dying to know, but the president was unwilling to give them what they wanted so fast. Nasser Al-Khelaifi waited as the chatter and whispering of the reporters died down. He continued, "The man is a french legend, as a player he played for the biggest clubs. He was someone who led this country to championships."

Laurent Blanc! It must be! The entire audience began to type furiously on their devices. Laurent Blanc clearly has the managerial experience to lead PSG to trophies, but also has the successful playing career to get the team to respect him.

Nasser Al-Khelaifi turns to his right and says: "I would like everyone to give a round of applause and a chance for us to welcome the man of the evening!" Everyone looks to their left as a man walks out from the dark corridor, onto the stage and sits down to face the media. They couldn't believe it. They didn't even expect it. They never saw it coming.

It was none other than the local legend Zinedine Zidane. Zidane looks coolly at the crowd, but slowly smiles and gives them two thumbs up. Did Zidane really leave Madrid? What kind of impact will he have on this team? There were many questions that needed to be answered, but as of now everyone was speechless.

Last edited:
Continuation of the Press Conference
View attachment 460779
Personal Info
Born on 23rd June 1972 (41 Years Old)

Career
61 Appearances for Cannes
139 Appearances for Bordeaux
151 Appearances for Juventus
155 Appearances for Real Madrid
108 Caps for France

Individual Highlights
Ballon d'Or
Ligue 1 Player of the Year
La Liga Best Foreign Player
World Soccer Gratest XI of All Time

Team Honours
1998 FIFA World Cup Champion
2000 Euro Cup Champion
2x Serie A Champion
1x La Liga Champion

Why did you decide to leave Real Madrid?
I felt it was time to move on and achieve greater things. Madrid will always have a place in my heart. I loved working there, but I wanted more control of the team and PSG gave me the opportunity to do so.

What are some of the short term goals that you wish to reach with PSG?
Obviously Ligue 1 is very important. But I also want to stress the importance of European competition. It is not an exaggeration to say that this season is a failure if we don't make it far in the Champions League.

Who are some of the players that you?re looking to bring in? Does anyone on the team need to worry that they are not needed?
I will not comment on anyone's future as of now. Everyone deserves a chance. This team is very talented, but talent on paper doesn't win championships.
Do you have any long term goals as a manager?
Only one: I want PSG to become one of the greatest clubs in the world.

Last edited:
Pre-Season:
Zizou Ridiculous as Ligue 1 Start Date Nears
View attachment 460603
3 Days into the campaign and
Zinedine Zidane has already been ridiculously active. There were rumors everywhere that Liverpool was interested in Blaise Matuidi and those rumors proved true. Matuidi was sold for €17 Million, a ridiculous amount given his market value. Ancelotti's man: Ezequiel Lavezzi was also sold to Arsenal for €35 Million. Zidane clearly wanted to bring his own guys in and he did. During the Pre-Season transfer window, he brought in a total of 9 players.

View attachment 460606View attachment 460612View attachment 460611
View attachment 460609View attachment 460608View attachment 460605
View attachment 460607View attachment 460610View attachment 460613

Some of the Featured Arrivals include: Sven Bender (€17.5M), Martin Montoya (€6.5M) and Douglas Costa (€13M -- Pending Contract)
All Departures include: Ezequiel Lavezzi (€35M), Blaise Matuidi (€17M) and Gregory Van der Wiel (€3.8M)

PSG's Official Team Roster as of August 3rd, 2013:
View attachment 460597

Tactics that were used during the Pre-Season:

View attachment 460595View attachment 460596View attachment 460594

Pre-season Results:
View attachment 460592
Given the lack of team chemistry, finishing 3-2 is pretty good. Zidane claims that the pre-season was essentially for match fitness and that the results don't have any significance.

Last edited:
PSG is a fun team to play with, plenty of cash, great players but still room to get your own touch on it as they have a rather small squad at the start.
The Benders are always great, but you really didn't buy any top players, are the board happy with those transfers?

Hope you'll do good against rich Monaco, rivals Marseille and the interesting french youths of Lyon.

PSG is a fun team to play with, plenty of cash, great players but still room to get your own touch on it as they have a rather small squad at the start.
The Benders are always great, but you really didn't buy any top players, are the board happy with those transfers?

Hope you'll do good against rich Monaco, rivals Marseille and the interesting french youths of Lyon.

I have some ideas on which superstar I wanna get. I usually wait for the next window though because in the current one everyone is very expensive. Board doesn't care as long as I win.

Last edited:
2013 Trophee des Champions
View attachment 460583
Zinedine Zidane decided to use the popular 4-3-3 with Pastore, Ibra and Cavani up front. Motta, Bender and Dani Parejo manning the middle. The back four included new wing back Neil Taylor, Alex, Thiago Silva and recently signed Reveillere.

View attachment 460582
Final Result: PSG 1 - 1 Girondin
PSG was the Vegas favorite, but the underdogs came out on fire. Maurice-Belay scored an early goal off of a corner. It looked as if Girondins Bordeaux would run away with it, but Taylor equalized before the half. PSG was very fortunate that they were able to survive the game 1-1 as Girondins Bordeaux completely controlled the tempo and possession (65 to 35) of the game. In penalty shoot-outs, PSG won 5 to 3. Zidane's team may have come away with the trophy, but many will question why they looked so unprepared.

Interesting story with a lot of new signings, you have done very well to sign those players for so cheap and get so much money for your players going out, I have really struggled in my Arsenal story to sign anyone for a reasonable fee even RB Montoya would have cost me ?11million after a long time of negotiating.

The story is very well laid out and I will be interested to see the likes of Ibra and Cavani.

Interesting story with a lot of new signings, you have done very well to sign those players for so cheap and get so much money for your players going out, I have really struggled in my Arsenal story to sign anyone for a reasonable fee even RB Montoya would have cost me ?11million after a long time of negotiating.

Backload the transfer fee. I don't always, but sometimes I use the "Minimum League Goals: 50 --- $XXMillion" and other clauses to lower the fee. I also find that if you give them more money up front, they won't ask for the % of next sale and such a high amount of monthly fees.

The story is very well laid out and I will be interested to see the likes of Ibra and Cavani.

Thanks. I enjoy your story as well. From what I've seen in preseason, Cavani isn't that great playing in the Left Wing (Attacking IF). I will try to implement the 2 striker formation more in the future.

Ligue 1 Season Opener
View attachment 460287
The season will kick off and everyone expects an easy victory by the away side. Montepellier will have their work cut out for them. Zidane has said all the right things, but games are won with action and not words.

Pastore-----Ibrahimovic-----Cavani

Diame-----Parejo

Bender

Taylor-----Alex-----Silva-----Montoya

Sirigu

View attachment 460288
Montepellier 2 - 3 PSG

Both teams looked very active, but showed a lot of rust. Ibrahimovic and Cavani missed multiple chances throughout the game. At the 28 minute mark, PSG was able to take the lead with a Thiago Silva goal. Silva received a beautiful pass off a Pastore freekick and struck it through the outstretched arms of Geoffrey Jourdren. PSG was able to add to the 1-0 lead when Ibrahimovic scored a penalty. Montepellier cut the lead to 1 when Montano scored off a nice set piece play. In the second half, Camara made immediate impact off the bench for PSG as he scored off a lob free kick pass from Parejo. Montepellier was able to score a late goal, but the game was far over by then. Despite the close looking score, Zidane's team was in complete control of possession and shots on target.

Key Midfielders Out for 3-4 Weeks
View attachment 460276
Sven Bender's "knock" from the Montepellier game appears to be more serious than everyone first thought. Team doctors report that Bender has a groin injury. News get worse as Parejo twisted his ankle during training. PSG's Ligue 1 title hopes take a hit as both of their key midfielders are shelved for 4 weeks.

Last edited:
PSG Wonderkid Leaves for England
With 4 capable foreign players already in the mix for playing time, Zizou decides to loan Brazilian wonder kid Marquinhos to Fulham until the end of the season. He assures us that Marquinhos will still have a future with the club despite not being able to get playing time this season. Marquinhos arrived in the summer for a fee of 32 million.

Ligue 1: Match 2
View attachment 460012
PSG has their work cut out for them with the absence of two of their starting midfielders against AC Ajaccio. It is expected that Verratti and Javi Garcia will step in for the injured players. To add to PSG's misery, there is expected to be slight rain which could completely change the way PSG usually wants plays.

View attachment 460011
PSG 3 - 1 Ajaccio
PSG started the game off brilliantly. Cavani scored at the 19 minute mark with an assist from Ibrahimovic, set up by Verratti who was able to start the counter attack off the Ajaccio turnover. The attack continues as Ibrahimovic scores 3 minutes later off a Verratti assist. PSG enters halftime as the classier side - outmatching their opponent with 10 shots, 62% possession and 87% of their passes completed. The only bad news is that Javi Garcia was hurt and replaced with Motta. In the second half, Zubar was able to score for Ajaccio off a set piece. Their hopes were short-lived as Cavani was able to break loose and caused an own goal by the Ajaccio goalkeeper. The game would end with a win for the home side and Ibrahimovic bringing home MOTM honors. Marco Verratti is definitely a player to watch as he is making the most of his playing time.

PSG Signs Experienced German Defender
View attachment 460009
With the injury to Camara and the lack of CB depth, Zidane has decided to bring in experienced veteran Manuel Friedrich off the free agency market. Friedrich last played for Bayer Leverkusen and appeared in 147 matches for them.

Last edited:
Ligue 1: Match 3
View attachment 459505

PSG will play the exact same lineup as last game. It appears that Javi Garcia is fine despite giving fans a scare when he was subbed out before the half last game.

View attachment 459504
FC Nantes 1 - 4 PSG
Pastore was able to give PSG a 1-0 lead with a beautiful one-time strike from the edge of the box. Javi Garcia led Pastore perfectly with the pass. Nantes was able to quickly equalize as Djordjevic was able to sneak pass defenders scoring on a nice crossing play. At the 20 minute mark, PSG fans were holding their breaths as Ibrahimovic was tackled hard by Gabriel Cichero inside the penalty box. Cichero was ejected from the game and Ibrahimovic was able to score the penalty. Two minutes later, Javi Garcia scored off a nice free kick pass from Ibrahimovic, but the side judge called it offside. Zidane was seen irate on the sidelines claiming Garcia was onside. Right before the half, Thiago Silva was able to score off a corner set piece. At the 45 minute mark, Pastore was able to rifle in another shot. They had no answer for him! Both teams were held scoreless in the second half as PSG missed many opportunities and the 10 man Nantes was kept in check.

Champions League Drawings
View attachment 459503
PSG was seemingly given the toughest group in the Champions League. They have their work cut out for them as they will face the current Premier League, Serie A and Superliga champions. Zinedine Zidane was asked for his thoughts on the drawing. He replied, "To be the best, you have to beat the best.".

Ligue 1: Match 4
View attachment 459149
Zinedine Zidane looks to catch Guingamp off guard with a 3-5-2 formation. This is a surprising move given how great their 4-3-3 tactic has looked. Sven Bender also looks like he will be playing as he was dressed up and looked ready to go. This also is a surprise given how great Javi Garcia has been during the German's absence. Vegas set PSG odds of winning the match at 1.57; which is low considering Guingamp is at the bottom of the table.

View attachment 459050
PSG 2 - 2 Guingamp

1 minute into the game, Ibra scores a beautiful header off a Verratti free kick. Soon after that Fatih Atik was able to catch 3 defenders off guard to equalize. The action would not stop there as Ibra does what he does best and makes an amazing header giving PSG the 2-1 lead to end the half. Very early in the second half, Atik was able to score again. Despite PSG causing turnovers and limiting their opponent's opportunities, they have been very bad against the counter. Guingamp with 2 goals on 2 shot attempts! At the 60 minute mark, Ibra was subbed out due to a minor injury. The game ends as a draw despite PSG being better at every aspect of the game.

AS Monaco Continues the High Profile Signings
View attachment 459141
AS Monaco does it again. They have brought in another quality player in their attempts to win the Ligue 1 title. They're sitting only 3 points behind PSG and have been very good defensively, only letting in one goal.

Last edited:
**** Desktop crashed. I'm gonna get a new one eventually, but pretty sure data can't be saved. I think in the future I'm gonna just post results instead of analysis (barring the huge games).