Pawn361v.Vodu - Probably the best tactic with 3 DC, 6 Midfielders and 1 Striker! :p

Pawn_pt

Reaction score
This is the first tactic I am sharing in this forum, and I hope some of you will appreciate it! :)I tried to build an alternative to the common 4 defenders tactic formations that most people use at the moment. I have been looking at other tactics with 3 defenders, and didn't see many good reviews to those so decided to try my luck and make something different, but still viable!

The Formation
Its a 3-6-1, trying to replicate the very old tactic I've created for CM 2001 (**** 361), a "few" years ago... :D The tactic is composed by 3 CD, 2 DMC, 1 CM, 1 MAD, 1 MACD, 1 MAE and 1 PLCE (and yes, it's asymmetric :p)

tacticaldesign.jpg

The Make-Up

The tactic was built up from the best (imho) 442 tactic created for this FM, the 442 Vodu Caos 12.0 (Link), with MisterVodu permission to do so :p

There are are so many similarities with MisterVodu's tactic that I felt obliged to include Vodu on this tactic's name.

Playstyle

Building a tactic with 3 defenders, I had to choose between protecting the wings, and play with 2 wing backs or reinforcing the central defense. The 2nd gives solid protection against freekicks, corners and crosses (which will happen a lot, as we do not have wingbacks!). And it also provides stronger offense on free-kicks and corners! Beside that, it's also easier to only have 1 DC in the bench (or even a MDC that also plays as DC) than a bench full of players (1 DE, 1 DC and 1 DD), to cover all defensive positions...This tactic usually has lower ball possession (as you can verify in the below screenshots) than the opponent, but is able to create "fast and furious" counterattacks, which are fatal to most defenses! When defending, there is a solid block of 6 central players, and 4 players "waiting" for the ball recover.

teaminstructions.jpg

The tactic has a slow tempo and a short passing, and so, when the opponent goes back to defense, it gets harder to make it through! I remember one time I've scored 9 goals in the first 59m just to read that the "opponent team" is now playing more defensively. And the massacre ended there! :p

The Players
Central Defenders: Of the the 3 Central Defenders, the one in the middle should be the tallest of your CD, with good heading and anticipation (as he will score a lot of goals, from corners!)Try to have defenders with Pace, Acceleration (due to the defensive line being pushed up), and good Heading, due to the number of crosses they will be facing, as well as the other usual attributes: Tackling, Marking, Concentration, Anticipation, etc...

Defensive Midfielders:
Those guys will be the less visible players in this formation, but their role will be crucial for your success! They will be part of both processes, defensive (recovering balls) and offensive (distribution / passing), and therefore should be as complete as possible (speedy and resistant, with good tackling, passing, creativity, decisions and work rate).

Central Midfielder:
The CM should be a more creative version of the DMC's mentioned before, with a bit of defensive stats too, because he is the last of your defensive block.

Wingers:
Both playing through the flanks, they must be explosive, with high pace / acceleration, and high technical skills (dribble, crossing, technique, passing), as they will create most goal chances, and also score a few (some finishing and composure will help!).

Attacking Midfielder Center:
Preferably someone that is also a good Striker! This player might be the best of your players, as he will score at least, as much as the Striker, and also create many chances for the other 3 attacking players.

Striker:
I like them with finishing, composure, technique (he has to have technique to finish well!), pace, acceleration, off the ball and anticipation.

Team Instructions:
Assistant Manager

Opponent Instructions:
Assistant Manager

The Assistant Manager shall have high Tactical Knowledge, Motivation and Determination in order to execute the above roles well.

Match Preparation:
As in the screenshot, Workload High, Focus on Attacking Movements.

matchpreparation.jpg

And, for last, but not the least, regarding corners, please pick a left footed player taking corners on the right side, and right footed players on the left side.Please give it a try (if you like 3 defenders tactics :p) and give me some feedback on it!

Cheers,

P.S.:
English is not my native language, so I apologize if something is grammatically incorrect, or if some skills are written in a different way.

Screenshots:

goalscoringexample.jpg

goalscoringexample2.jpg

goalscoringexample3.jpg

sportingvsbenfica.jpg

sportingvsbraga.jpg

realvsbarca.jpg

primeiraligainglesavist.png

manchestercityplanteljo.png

manchestercityjogoscale.png

manchestercityjogoscalep.png

mancityvbayernmuniquein.png

mancityvdortmundinforma.png

View attachment 214695

View attachment 214696
DOWNLOAD HERE or HERE!

----------------------------
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

VERSION 2 OF THIS TACTIC:

As I have mentioned before, I mainly play with Low League Teams, but even those, sooner or later, get to be Big Teams!
And here I come to tell the story of a small team from the last playable division of North Ireland that became the Champions League winner in 15 seasons. But this was only possible with a good tactic to support my superior (imho) planning!This Irish guys are simply crazy, and I had to play 8 games in 14 days, and sometimes had to play 2 games in 2 days! So, I couldn't use my best players, all the time! Due to that, I couldn't achieve the 200 goals in the NI league...

campeonato38j.jpg

The tactic I am presenting now, has a good balance between defense and attack, and for those who already have a strong team, you may notice that your team does not concede many goals.

statsequipa.jpg

But my idea was different! I wanted to create a One Man Show Tactic! A tactic that would make one single player to score Loads of Goals! And apparently... I did it!

analiseplantel.jpg

This Montenegro guy, scored 96 goals in 40(+3) games! It was pretty awesome, and he did something that I had never seen before:

montenegro11.jpg

He scored ALL the goals of my 11 goal win in one of the games!

To achieve this, I've picked Montenegro to be my Target Man, and he is also the Penalty Taker and also the man who will show at 1st post, in Corners!
This is tactical formation of the tactic (a slightly different version of the original Pawn361)

:
onzeinicial.jpg

And with a team that was not as good as Real Madrid or PSG, (at least those were among the top team in my save), with a WEAK defense and a VERY STRONG attack (wingers and striker, mainly), I achieved the following results:

lcgrupovsarsenal.jpg

lcgrupovscska.jpg

lcoitavosj1.jpg

lcqfj2.jpg

lcmfj1.jpg

lcfinalvspsg.jpg
Being the last match the win over PSG, in the Final of Champions League, where I had to play with 10 since the 36th minute, and nevertheless managed to get more and better chances to score!If someone wanna try this tactic, you can download it here =======> Pawn361vVodu2

Hope you enjoy it!

Cheers,

Last edited:
I am looking forward for some feedback! :) Hope you have fun with the tactic!

:O A tactic thats actually been tested on teams other than Barca and Man city :O

Well done mate, some of the results speak for themselves, downloading and will let you know how it goes :D

I am looking forward for some feedback! :) Hope you have fun with the tactic!

Are you Portuguese?

And is Vodu Caos that good?

I may try it if I am struglling in any save but it looks impressive btw

Had some amazing results with Vodu's 4-4-2. Will try this once the season ends.

:O A tactic thats actually been tested on teams other than Barca and Man city :O

Well done mate, some of the results speak for themselves, downloading and will let you know how it goes :D

I am a LLM lover (Lurgan Celtic is a tiny team from the 2nd Northern Ireland Division) :p Thanks for that!

Are you Portuguese?

And is Vodu Caos that good?

I may try it if I am struglling in any save but it looks impressive btw
I am Duca, I am! Vodu Caos, imo, is that good! I have never seen so many different and random people showing results like those I've shown here (10-0... 9-1 vs Inter, 7-0 vs Man Utd, etc etc). His tactic presentation topic, in a portuguese forum, has dozens of amazing results... with many different teams! :) Nevertheless, I don't like the pure 442 neither having allmost all players with the backward arrow :p

I am a LLM lover (Lurgan Celtic is a tiny team from the 2nd Northern Ireland Division) :p Thanks for that!

I am Duca, I am! Vodu Caos, imo, is that good! I have never seen so many different and random people showing results like those I've shown here (10-0... 9-1 vs Inter, 7-0 vs Man Utd, etc etc). His tactic presentation topic, in a portuguese forum, has dozens of amazing results... with many different teams! :) Nevertheless, I don't like the pure 442 neither having allmost all players with the backward arrow :p

Qual forum? :p

(which forum?)

I would reply to you, in a private message, but seems you got a few there, and can't receive anymore :p

Qual forum? :p

(which forum?)

cmportugal

Great to see u here ****. Yes i used ur tactic in cm. My striker scored loads with it, if i remember it right. Maxim Tsigalko.

saudações tugas

cmportugal

Great to see u here ****. Yes i used ur tactic in cm. My striker scored loads with it, if i remember it right. Maxim Tsigalko.

saudações tugas

Good old times :D I don't think that tactic spreaded out to foreigners though...

Saudações! :)

cmportugal

saudações tugas

Obrigado
(thanks mate)

ohhhhhhhhhhh,so good to see a variation from the 4-4-2 tactic!
Hope you are gonna use it :DI am still looking forward for any feedback! I would keep posting huge goalscoring screenshots here, but then, I could be spoiling my LLM story on the portuguese forum (and there might me a few users common to both foruns, here) , and I don't wanna spoil it :pCheers,

estava a achar estranho nao ver Portugueses por aqui :p

Finally a 3 CD tactic! I have always used it, i was wondering when someone would post one here =) I don´t like to play with string teams, so I wonder if it works on Underdogs ( teams that are suppose to fight not to be thrown to the second division... )

What patch?
Its the last one, the 12.0.4 or something like that (I don't know where I do see the version, but did the last update)
estava a achar estranho nao ver Portugueses por aqui :pFinally a 3 CD tactic! I have always used it, i was wondering when someone would post one here =) I don´t like to play with string teams, so I wonder if it works on Underdogs ( teams that are suppose to fight not to be thrown to the second division... )
Olha! Outro tuga!(Look! Another portuguese!)You gotta give it a try, although I believe that nowadays no tactic is miraculous! I managed to play against bigger teams with a some defensive and offensive quality (€15 M teams vs €250 M teams!) and remember, this tactic invites the opponent to have the possession, to go through the wings, and to cross to the middle! But when they fail to score, funny things happen! We strike back with "fast and furious" counterattacks!Try it and let me know how did it go, but try to have the right players for the positions: DC = Tall (basketball players! :D)l, Wingers and Striker = Fast, MAC = Star Player, MDC/MC = True Anchormans with some passing quality