Robert Clough

Reaction score
right.. i've been playing as PSV and for the past 3 seasons ive loaned Verratti (2011/2012 - 2013-2014) his value went from 500k to 5.5million whilst on loan with me his stats have constantly improved. hes been played regularly for the past 2 seasons hes been one of the top 3 players in contention for young player of the year. he also broke the record for assists.

as ive had 3 sucessful seasons in charge of PSV 2nd, 1st and 1st my last season i was undefeated in the league. i was getting bored of PSV last season so when it came to renueing my contract i thought id leave it for just 1 more season and kept rejecting it until the very last day.

well anyway to the actual point of this post.. for the most of last season i kept on getting messages saying Verratti backs me to win a new contract at PSV.. so theres me thinking Verratti loves me and the club... baring in mind hes been happy to be on loan for me aswell 3 years in a row, well anyway in the 3rd season i offered his contracted club 10million for his services at the end of the loan, which they accepted. his club was lazio so im guessing he was happy with being tied with them.. when at the end i offered to buy him for 5.5m his then valuation Lazio ( his club ) accepted when during negociations it read he has no intention of joining my club... i thought something was wrong.. he rejected... so i tried for a loan (again) he rejected it saying its a step in the wrong direction...

so now hes returned to Lazio... why would a player do that... or has anyone else had this...

id also like to mention he hasnt even being given many chances in U21 for Italy either (dont think they've even called him up once) so its not like he has a big reputation...

so i have no idea why he had a sudden change of heart...

tell verratti to kick rocks and sign a less cold hearted person. maye the club had more reputation then yours...maybe he still liked his club better then yours not meaning he hated yours he might just have had more love for them? hope im making sense.

simple, the answer is your team is not as good as Lazio, your clubs Worldwide Reputation is worse off than Lazio's hence he thinks it would be a step in the wrong direction joining a club at a weaker standard of league!
if you were Real Madrid, its a different story all together!

Your clubs Reputation is lower than Lazio,it does not matter if the player adores you....like for example Villa adores you but he is not going to come to Oxford just for you

i probably should have offered him the beans.. my clubs ranked 25th in the world and i regularly got to atleast the quarter finals of the champions league, its just really annoying how he was so happy to play for me for 3 seasons but as soon as i tried to buy him he doesnt wanto to re-loan ?

Maybe he is now good enough to start for Lazio. And he may want to play in the higher standard of league.