Project Totaal Voetbal - A Dutch Emulation Tactic

I tried using this with holland and i got some amazing results against lesser team but once we came up to average/bigger team i was getting dominated.

I would still say this is a good tactic from what i am seeing but you have to have time and patience to let your team get used to the tactic. I think this could take up to a season before you start to see the true force of the tactic.

Brilliant work though!

I tried using this with holland and i got some amazing results against lesser team but once we came up to average/bigger team i was getting dominated.

I would still say this is a good tactic from what i am seeing but you have to have time and patience to let your team get used to the tactic. I think this could take up to a season before you start to see the true force of the tactic.

Brilliant work though!

I second this notion.

Thanks very much for the feedback - it is much appreciated. Would also be great if you could sign up on the forum it is released on and leave a comment on there in the thread.

As I have said, earlier, btw, it does only seem to work with big, technically good teams. Not for mid-table or relegation candidates.

First of all, thank you very much for uploading this tactic, i really appreciate all the hard work u've put into it.

Okay, so i just finished 2nd in the first season as Man United (using both your tactics and training schedule), here are some statistics:

League Games: won 24, drawn 8, lost 6

In CL lost to Arsenal in semi-finals: 2-1, 2-3

Won FA Cup, but my toughest opponent was Man ****** ;), so not that big of achievement after all

Goals scored/conceded: 72/34

Yellow cards: 79, highest in the league

Red cards: 10, i absolutely dominated my opponents in that field, second was Fulham with 4 :)

Here's my squad:

Gk: Van der Sar/Lindegaard (underperforming all season, but they arent really suited for that gk-libero role, so its understandable)

CB: Vidic/Evans, Ferdinand/Smalling (rly nice performances whole season, lots of goals scored from the corners - 11 in the league alone)

FB: Evra/Fabio, Rafael/O`Shea (average score around 7, so ok i guess)

CM: Anderson/Goetze/Sahin/Rooney (as u can see i had to experiment in that postion, even changed Rooney into CM, but it seems that no matter whom i played, they were all underperforming against avarage and good teams)

LCM, RCM: Fletcher/Carrick/Hargreaves/Vidal/Park (same as above)

WR, WL: Valencia/Nani, Hulk/Giggs (all did really well, Giggsy even managed to improve some of his abilities, avarage score around 7.5)

ST: Rooney/Berba/Chicha (all played well, Rooney was top goalscorer in the league - 21 goals)

Im a little disappointed with the results (expected to win the league), but at the same time i have to say, that the games were really enjoyable to watch. Had a hard time playing against strong opponents (Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool),some set-back with weaker teams (lost 4-1 to WBA), but also few epic wins (9-2 against Blackpool :))

All in all Project Totaal Voetbal was fun experience, but i dont think ill use it next season.

Thank you again for the opportunity :)

new feedback from the mighty helsingborgs if:

season 2018 is now finished. the league title was usually secured with 7 games to go. shame i got my first League defeat in 4 years (121 matches without losing), a lucky strike from a gefle midfielder in a game that looked like a sure 0-0
anyway, i also won my second EURO Cup in a row, beating Shaktar, CSKA Moscow, Panathinaikos, Real Madrid and Siena (do not laugh, a South-African tycoon bought them, they're current italian champions and lately beat Man City 4-1 in their CL group)
the CL draw was tough, with current CL champions Bayern Munchen and french league runner-ups Bordeaux. plus FC copenhagen. heavily lost against BM in Munich (5-0), won 3-0 home, tho. Won 1-5 in Bordeaux and lost 0-2 in Helsingborg. drawn 2-2 home with copenhagen and won 1-3 in denmark. so, to summarize, on European scale the team still needs some tweaking. big won and big defeats are common, so i guess it can depend on the young age of the team. what i currently hope is that with the new stadium they built me i could use a maximum pitch with a decent width. the olympia was 105x69, the new one (named after me :p) can reach 92mts, so i really hope my wingers could exploit the new pitch dimension to be more devastating insteas of taking part of the usual congestion in the middle of the field

Any chance of OP uploading this again? I'd really like to try it out, but the link on the first page now directs me to some page explaining how Unbelievable Jeff has merged with another site?

I will update the OP when I have re-posted the tactic on there. (Y)

hi...the link is broken...i really like to use this tactic... thanks!

---------- Post added 29/06/2011 at 07:19 AM ---------- Previous post was 26/06/2011 at 12:22 PM ----------

can update please?

When is this tactic getting updated?

---------- Post added 12/07/2011 at 01:02 AM ---------- Previous post was 10/07/2011 at 05:19 AM ----------

Alright just started using it properly with united, here's my squad list...

Neuer
Van der weil
Fabio
Vidic
Evans
Hamsik
Sneijder
Sahin
Cedric
Rooney
Nani

Here's what I found:

The tactic isn't secure defensively and oppositions always create equal amounts of CCC. This tactic doesn't create enough CCCs. I changed it from attacking to control and i made the team a bit narrower. My MF was to overrrun. Despite al this, this is the most exciting and beautiful tactic I have ever used, and trust me I have used many. The interchanging and slick passing is amazing. I hope you continue this.

Hey!

Seems a really nice tactic, won my first 2 games with it.

Something I've been wondering, do you play with opposite-side wingers? (a lefty on the right side and a righty on the left side)?

It seems to me that that could improve goalscoring opportunities.

Is there an updated link to this tactic!?? If so can someone post it please

I play a similar version of 433 dont seem to score. can someone please reupload this as i would love to try it on my save.

Thanks

GREAT TACTIC, but the wide forwards are killing me, as i dont have the right players for the job (to play in that position), and at first they felt uncomfortable.

but still, im impressed with the results.

Is there ever going to be an uprdate to this tactic?

Right I have used this for a season and these are the things I have noticed.

- Quite High possession 55%-80%
- Creates a fair amount o CCC
- Presses High up the pitch

Things that I did to improve, making tackling more cautious becasue in this day and age, most of the tackles done by my players give them straight reds. Make sure you use the 'retain possession' shout, in order for you to keep recycling possession and prevent your high line from being exploited, but due to the psoitional interchange I am rarlely caught on the counter.

Conclusion:
This tactic recreates total football of Ajax perfectly, how yoy figured it out is beyond me. Most of the people on this website just stick total football and ajax in their tactics without actually understanding it, they assume because they play attractive football that it is toatl football WRONG. This is the ONLY tactic that I have seen that has the positional interchanging and covering when a player goes out of position and it is stunning to watch. Having read a lot about ajax in the 70s and seen all their major matches (4 European cup finals, One intercontinental, Feyenoord matches, PSV matches, matches vs Bayerna dn Real) I can safely say that you have got this tactic nailed down to every last detail.

WARNING:

This is the highest level tactic I have ever used, you need extremely good players to use it if not you fail. The tatctic depends on each individual being able to contribute.

I've been trying to emulate total football myself but with a modified version of the formation you've put up there. Instead of the conventional 4-3-3, I've been trying out a 4-5-1 with considerable success. I'm able to do well domestically (I'm playing with Ajax btw) and have won the Dutch League and Cup (and Super Cup) three times in a row now. In Europe, while I play attractive football, I'm not able to beat the big teams and found myself losing to Barcelona twice in a row in the semifinals and then lost to Chelsea the next year.

Looks like a great tactic though. I'll give it a go with this too. :)