Raikan007's Teamtalk Guide Fm14: How to get the right reaction!

So busy mate, life is crazy busy and hectic, started my own company as well while doing my normal job, had a somewhat of a divorce with ex fiance of 5 years, sold my house, moved to a new place to just name a few...

Have not played more than 3 hours of Fm14 (properly) and have not played Fm13 for 5 months before release date.. I have NO time :)

****! Well, welcome back. It's not the same without you around

Congrats Raikan007! Your guide has just received FM Scene award at True Football Manager blog.

No matter how much I praise players, they never seem to like me as their favoured personnel. I know its not the end of the world but surely it would stop them from demanding silly money & insisting on leaving the club.

Any other tips on how to get them to like me? I have tried giving them the contract they want, praising them up, signing players they are friends with. I have even given one of them the captaincy. Its further annoys me that they suddenly like the international manager just cause he plays them once.

I found that if you are a legend/icon at the club you manage it helps a lot, winning trophies I find the biggest factor though.

Here is my own observations. When you get a new team and your reputation is not lower than team's reputation:(otherwise as it mentioned before, it's better to leave talking to your ***. man till get good results in the league, not friendlies)

- Open your notepad and press "talk to player" button for each player, write down their reply tone (Assertive, Calm, Passionate vs.) then exit without saying anything. Then exactly use the same tone for each individual (mostly "you have faith") at match day. This works 95% for me.
- Always talk to a player who has low morale "cautiously".
- Use "expect a performance & prove a point" speech to only key member status players.
- To make "expect the same" option works better, it's better to praise him for his last game perf. or form during the week.
- If player has low composure, determination, bravery, avoid demanding talks while against top dogs or bets heavily against you. Even you have faith option gets stressed those kind of players sometimes.
- "You were unlucky" option mostly creates miracles at halftime if your team has more possession, CCC's and woodworks but you're losing. You should use it after the match too if bets were against you too. Surely don't use it if team was sucks. :)

Hi,

I don't know if this is the right place, but i read your topic and I find him interesting. It's a awesome job. I'm interested in translating the text to my native language (portuguese). So i want your authorization to do this. Of course, I'll maintain all the credits of yourself and FM-base...

Don't know if i just missed it completely, but what do you say ay half time if you're drawing? For example if I'm favourite but only just, and its 0-0 at half time, the team is playing ok but not great or bad - do i just repeat what i said at the start?

ive tried to follow these team talks but i don't have these instructions on my save e.g. i don't have ''just go out there and relax and play your natural game, the result will come''

ive always wanted to be able to type up my own instructions,would that ever be possible in future fm's?

I have two questions: Do you always use individual team talks? Even when the general team talks got good reactions from the team?

And do you use individual team talks at full time? Your guide does not mention it.

Most of that instructions dont work in fm14.

GoalTycoon is a strategy game, in which you have the possibility to convert your virtual currency into real money. It is an online browser game, therefore you do not need any other programs installed in order to play. It is one of the few football manager games where you are rewarded for your daily activity. For register: http://goo.gl/Y35SY4

Does anyone else find that, if you're 3 goals up or more at half time, that your team basically stops in the second half? I don't know how to stop this. Last season, with 5 games to go, I was 2nd on goal difference, so goals were important, but I couldn't do anything to keep my teams performance up (i had 2 easy games, one v Hull where I was 4-0 up at half time, and won 4-1 in the end, and another v Forest where I was 3-0 up at half time and it finished 3-0). Does anyone have any suggestions on the best team talks to continue a dominating performance?
(I drew my last game of the season and the team in 1st won, so it didn't come down to GD in the end, but it was frustrating that it could have)