@fplcentre

Reaction score
Rockpie's Pass & Move

I've had a lot of enjoyment playing with this tactic in my Cardiff save and now I feel confident enough about it to share it with everyone for testing. I took the defensive concepts from my Possession 4-5-1 and blended in some attacking features from Maricuj's Pep Guardiola style tactic with some tweaks to make the attacking play a lot more attractive. Even though this is not a possession tactic per se, you can expect around 60% possession against weaker teams as well as some lethal counter attacks.

I have had a lot of success winning back-to-back Premier League titles, the F.A. Cup and the Champions League over the 2 full seasons I have played with this tactic.

2n6yxhj.jpg

2mme2w5.png

Below is my team. As you can see I have not signed too many amazing players. Only Ramsey and Zouma are really top class and I got them both after I had already won the league the first time.

2628ohs.png

Preferred Moves

The centre backs should have the preferred move to mark tightly, play simple passes and avoid weaker foot.

The wing backs should have the preferred moves to get forward and dribble down left/right flank. You can also tell them to avoid weaker foot if they are weak or very weak. Play one-twos is also useful but not essential.

The half back should have the preferred move to play simple passes.

The B2B mid should have attempts killer balls, plays one-twos and gets forward. He can also have play simple passes but not essential.

The playmaker should have dictates tempo, plays killer passes and plays one-twos. He can also have comes deep to get the ball but not essential.

The wingers should run with ball often, run with ball down left/right flank, knocks ball past opponent and plays one-twos. They can also have hugs line but not essential.

The target man can also be a complete forward with attack duty. He should play one-twos, run with ball through centre and move into channels.

Opposition Instructions

I manually look at the opposition strikers and midfielders and do the following:

If bravery is 12 or below set to hard tackling. Do not set to the 'show to weaker foot option'. If a player is right footed, tell your players to specifically show to the left foot and vice versa for left footed players.

I also go through opposition substitutes and use the same rules to the strikers and midfielders on the bench so that if they come on later in the game the instructions are already set.

I do not use the closing down or marking opposition instructions.

Training & Focus

For the first 2 weeks of preseason I set the training focus to fitness and training level to high. After those 2 weeks I set training focus to balanced and training level to average.

For match preparation I set it to attacking movement unless I am against one of the big teams when I set it to defensive positioning. If you are a big team yourself this might not be necessary.

Adjustments

If you find yourself against a team with good dribblers and pace up front who constantly seem to be dribbling past your wing backs then deselect pass into space, push higher up and hassle opponents and replace with retain possession, much lower tempo and be more disciplined.

If you are struggling to break through against a solid defense try adding higher tempo.

These adjustments don't always work. It's football, you can't expect to win every game every time. They are just the logical steps that can make a difference in my experience.

Screenshots

iogswj.png
2nq40tl.png
28bb47d.png

qqzhxi.png
21jt1eg.png
20tqa6u.png

mvqnnd.png
w9bjfr.png
67nl2o.png

I would appreciate any feedback and thoughts on how to improve the tactic. Thanks.​

Last edited:
Looks really great! Have you completed a season with the tactic yet? :) and howw is your line-up?

ciao

Looks really great! Have you completed a season with the tactic yet? :) and howw is your line-up?

ciao

yes I have completed 2 seasons using this tactic. I will update the original post with screenshots of league table and my team.