Ronnie O'Sullivan to face Neil Robertson in Open final

Reaction score
Venue: SECC, Glasgow Dates: 18-26 September Coverage: Watch live on BBC TV,

Ronnie O'Sullivan coasted into the final of the World Open in Glasgow with a 3-1 victory against Peter Ebdon.
After securing a scrappy opening frame O'Sullivan turned on the style with a fluent break of 135 in frame two, before missing a difficult final black.
The obdurate Ebdon continued to battle and reduced the gap with a run of 69.
But he took six attempts to get out of a tough snooker and O'Sullivan will face Neil Robertson, who overturned a 2-0 deficit to beat Mark Williams 3-2.
Ebdon adopted his traditionally calculating approach to his match against the mercurial O'Sullivan, coming to the table in frame one despite a deficit of 56 with only 43 on the table.
He finally conceded when O'Sullivan left him in a snooker and 'The Rocket' quickly added the second frame.
When O'Sullivan missed a brown in frame three, Ebdon showed his fighting qualities with a composed break.
O'Sullivan quickly responded with a break of 47, which ended in unfortunate fashion when he cut the pink into the centre pocket but inadvertently knocked in a red as well.
o.gif

However, he soon left his opponent in all sorts of trouble behind the blue.
There was a red over the bottom corner, one of three reds available to hit, and Ebdon was determined to play off the baulk cushion.
He persisted with that tactic despite missing with five attempts, even though there was a viable alternative using the side cushion, before finally hitting a red when 51 behind with 51 on the table and O'Sullivan soon wrapped up the match.
"I can't believe I am in the final to be honest," said the three-time world champion, who has been using a new cue this week in Glasgow.
"I am not comfortable with my game a lot of the time, I am trying new grips and different stuff, so I am surprised to get to the final."
World champion Robertson seemed to be on his way out after going two down, not helped by an extraordinary moment in the opening frame.
When he attempted a slow safety up to the yellow, the ball curved off line at the last moment.
Only 15 points behind, he was then left in an awkward snooker which needed a four-cushion escape.
The Australian missed with six attempts - once by barely a millimetre - but was called for a miss each time and Williams soon sealed the frame.
A bad break in the next frame allowed Williams the chance of a pot into the centre pocket, and the Welshman compiled a smooth 81 break.
Robertson's luck changed when he fluked a red in the third frame, and he took advantage superbly with a run of 68.
A magnificent 101 levelled the match and he claimed the decider in style with a composed break of 80.
"I didn't feel I made too many mistakes in the first couple of frames," said the Australian. "But I got a bit of luck in the third frame and in the last two I played really well."

Been a great tournament, an Ronnie win would top it off :)

Always been a big fan of Rocket.. hope he does win it :)

should be a great match, Ronnie is coming in to form at the right time, fully expect him to win tonight.

Don't mind who wins this as I'm big fans of them both.